Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

The numbers thing while irritating has bothered me less as I got older.

I remember playing Champ man and having to have my first 11 numbered 1 to 11.

My dad told me when I was a bairn which position should wear which number. Kevin Ball used to wear 5 and play in midfield, it confused me so much. This was in Division One when 1-11 started the game circa 99. Dickie Ord wore 8 at right back too.

My Sunday League manager must share this pet hate. Strips are handed out before every game and he's really OCD about who gets what number :lol:

When players go down like they've been crippled and expect the whole world to stop moving so they can get some magic water sprayed on them, then suddenly jump up and jog back on.  :rant:

If you're found to be diving there should be a crew of 2 or 3 people at the side of the pitch who come on to stamp on your knees. Would sort it right out, maybe even a bullet to the thigh.

Always thought 4 and 6 were interchangeable for CM, though it should be 4.  5 is certainly a CBs number.

You can add 'Dummett 3' to the list of squad number cunts. He's so shit he should have a squad number akin to a policeman's number. I suggest 7843.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5ZijE8urdUI/TsaaBLhnWJI/AAAAAAAAAXY/eKpzijIoYYo/s1600/Ivan+Zamorano.jpg

How was this ever allowed :lol:

There is a limit to the number of conversations we can possibly have, it ends up very cyclical. :lol:

When tables show goals for and goals against and not GD. It's crap for the live table. Flash scores don't show GD but they update their tables and and scores fast, sky sports are slow at updating their scores and tables but show GD. The sky sports app still says the Man City score is 0-0.

1. Keeper

2. RB

3. LB

4. DM

5. CB

6. CB

7. RW

8. supporting CF/AM

9. CF

10. Glenn Hoddle

11. LW

That's how I remember it.

Found this, for some reason I want the 3 and 4 to switch places, that's how I remember it. Not sure why :o

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq142/GameWorldgr/CM2_Man_Utd.gif

When tables show goals for and goals against and not GD. It's crap for the live table. Flash scores don't show GD but they update their tables and and scores fast, sky sports are slow at updating their scores and tables but show GD. The sky sports app still says the Man City score is 0-0.

How many pet hates are you listing?

Sentence 1 = Just do the fucking math.

1. Keeper

2. RB

3. LB

4. DM

5. CB

6. CB

7. RW/LW

8. Second Forward/LW/RW/CM

9. CF

10. Best Midfielder/Playmaker