Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

When players pick the ball up and run away with it when they get a throw in or free kick against them, sometimes throwing the ball up in the air. Surely that's the same thing as kicking it away? Refs should punish players for this more frequently. (In handball you have to put the ball down immedietly when you get a call against you or you'll get a 2 min penalty, it's awesome)

• 3 weeks later...

How 'the magic of the cup' coexists with moaning about Premier League clubs making loads of changes. Had Liverpool played a full strength side I'm fairly sure Plymouth wouldn't have got a famous draw at Anfield, so take your pick.

How 'the magic of the cup' coexists with moaning about Premier League clubs making loads of changes. Had Liverpool played a full strength side I'm fairly sure Plymouth wouldn't have got a famous draw at Anfield, so take your pick.

Pretty sure people want full strength teams with the chance of them losing anyway ???

Add into that the moan of "not giving young British talent a chance" but then moaning when teams play development squad players in cup games.

Pretty sure people want full strength teams with the chance of them losing anyway ???

Exactly, if they beat or held a full strength side then it would be truly worthy of being described as an upset.

Add into that the moan of "not giving young British talent a chance" but then moaning when teams play development squad players in cup games.

Decent point but probably the wrong game to highlight it as most of the development team are foreign.

Decent point but probably the wrong game to highlight it as most of the development team are foreign.

Six of the starting team were all British, weren't they?

Liverpool: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lucas, Moreno, Stewart, Can, Ejaria, Ojo, Woodburn, Origi

Liverpool: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lucas, Moreno, Stewart, Can, Ejaria, Ojo, Woodburn, Origi

6 of those are British, the only foreign ones are the ones that play for the first team

6 of those are British, the only foreign ones are the ones that play for the first team

:lol: Are they? Sign of the times I suppose. Would've thought 2-3 max. :thup:

Hate it when for cup draws, they have the numbers with the team names on the screen. Takes out the suspense and drama for me as immediately when the ball is out, you'll refer to the list. Its still ok if you give a brief rundown of the numbers beforehand but it has spoiled the draw for me everytime we're involved.

I can't think of anyone who doesn't hate him, probably including his own family.

He built/bought a canny few of them houses, in a sort of Owen-Brookside Close affair. Probably helped, in the popularity stakes, for a while. Wonder how long it was before they stopped inviting him round? Especially when there was footy on... 'Oh no! It's our Mikey HIDE. He'll be all Alan Partridge on downers, again. Or worse, it'll be more of: "Oh and I said to Gary, remember when I scored against the Argies ah? Ah? It was a good run, but a poor run, if you know what I mean... Love that I was a player with two feet... Though I do miss being on my own out there, with ten mates. Don't you Gary, Gary?..."' The only noise was a faint squeak, through the letterbox--'I know you're in there. I've got eyes in the facial part of my head'-- as once grateful relatives quietly hunkered down behind the sofa.  (With thanks to the words of the great man himself--via the 22 stupid Michael Owen Quotes on Sabotagetimes.com).

Yeah Ojo, Gomez and Ejaria]/b] may sound like dirty foreigners but they aren't

There seems to be a ludicrous amount of Anglo-Nigerian youth (who either came over as children like Moses, Iwobi or were born in England like Alli and the boys above) coming through clubs recently.

My pet hate is drawing a club from the same division in the early rounds of the FA Cup. Matches like Everton-Leicester or Birmingham-Newcastle just seem like watered down versions of normal league matches without adequate television coverage. The fun of the FA Cup early rounds is searching for dodgy highlights of a scrappy 2-1 win against Torquay or someone like this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

The recent trend of the media and people, some even within our support, thinking that Shearer and the 5-0 vs Man United were part of the 95/96 season.

• 2 weeks later...