Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Biggsbond14
21 hours ago, Bizza said:

Fucking prick, hope someone goes in 2 footed on him. 

Sack the cunt full stop and get the cats taken away from him as I bet it’s not the first time 

There doesn't seem to be an explanation for why high feet are allowed when a player is performing an overhead kick. Watching Liverpool v Leicester and thiago almost took lookman's face off. Neither commentator or referee flinched.

14 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

When the ref interrupts a corner to have a word with players tustling in the box. Let the corner be taken. If it’s the striker in the wrong, give a free-kick. If it’s the defender, give a pen.

Absolutely this.

The ball is out of play though so any infringements would carry on into play at the expense of the wronged party wouldn't they? Unless you can give a penalty during a set piece and I've just forgotten about it?

So if a striker is being impeded but the impediment stops before corner is taken, they would still be disadvantaged but wouldn't get the foul?

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The ball is out of play though so any infringements would carry on into play at the expense of the wronged party wouldn't they? Unless you can give a penalty during a set piece and I've just forgotten about it?

So if a striker is being impeded but the impediment stops before corner is taken, they would still be disadvantaged but wouldn't get the foul?

Eh?

3 minutes ago, Robster said:

This is petty as fuck so I apologise in advance :lol:

When people predict an away win, or denote a team winning away and writing it as 1-0 instead of 0-1

Like I say, petty as fuck.

? You best not enter the Brentford thread.

If the ball is out of play, then a foul (with DFK) cannot be given as the ball being in play is a primary requirement for a foul. Original restart will still take place. 

However, a card can still be given for a misconduct with the ball out of play. So you can’t still give Yellow or even Red Cards if the ball is out of play. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

If the ball is out of play, then a foul (with DFK) cannot be given as the ball being in play is a primary requirement for a foul. Original restart will still take place. 

However, a card can still be given for a misconduct with the ball out of play. So you can’t still give Yellow or even Red Cards if the ball is out of play. 

I'm sure what Optimistic Nut is saying is just let them continue to wrestle and then when the corner is taken just give the foul either way.  What is the point of the referee approaching the wrestling team and saying "by the way I can see you both so be careful now"?  It's nonsense.

23 minutes ago, Rod said:

Eh?

I worded that horribly. Basically interupting the corner to sort stuff out (warn players/issue cards etc) makes sense otherwise players could basically do what they want up until the corner kick taker strikes the ball.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Interupting the corner to sort stuff out (warn players/issue cards etc) makes sense otherwise players could basically do what they want up until the corner kick taker strikes the ball.

See my message above.

Aye but if players knew that they just needed to stop wrestling before the ball is kicked it would be pretty easy to abuse. You could basically just get the entire team to take a yellow after the fact by throwing all of the opposing players to the ground while somebody runs up the touchline with the keeper over his shoulder. Corner taker whips it in to an empty net.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye but if players knew that they just needed to stop wrestling before the ball is kicked it would be pretty easy to abuse. You could basically just get the entire team to take a yellow after the fact by throwing all of the opposing players to the ground while somebody runs up the touchline with the keeper over his shoulder. Corner taker whips it in to an empty net.

Eh?

:ben:

The ref stops the wrestling so the corner can be taken fairly without one side being impeded in the build up. If he just let it go on with the intention of 'giving a foul when the corner was taken' it would be abused quite easily.

I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could think of 1000 ways in which that could happen.