Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Biggsbond14

Danny murphy football cliches 

he has a good engine on him ( runs around like a headless chicken) 

there play is organic ( wtf does that even mean from anyone)

1 hour ago, kisearch said:

The craic whenever we're waiting for anything eventually turns to the absolute worst like. The 'I heard we've offered them a curlywurly and a 20p mixup!' patter crime is as heinous as the Gregg's stuff.

Same fucking 'joke' every time.  Either a curlywurly or a packet of skips / discos.  Rancid.

9 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Who was the PFM co-comm during the Watford-Spurs match complaining about 'an England player' getting instructions from the bench before coming on as a sub. (because an England player should know how to play or some shite like that)

Gary Birtles? He’s a right moaning cunt.

On 27/12/2021 at 16:17, Heron said:

Liverpools always the victim mentality

Get what you're coming from but I always feel this phrase has connotations with Hillsbrough where they absolutely were the victims

Edited by joeyt

Eh? They were absolutely the victims of Hillsborough.  Both in the way of 97 of their own fans tragically losing their lives and the massive cover up by The Government, right-wing media and the South Yorkshire Police.

Edited by Sima

Guest Biggsbond14

Liverpool fans in general just the biggest bunch of know it all wankers on the planet,always the victim never the instigator and can’t wait for us to give them a proper game and wipe that smug look off their faces 

Yeah, I have no doubt about Hillsborough, but I just think it's like part of their make up because of that, that they seem to whinge about how hard done to they are all the time. I think it develops a siege mentality that's made them successful to be honest. It's just really irritating. 

Edited by Heron

45 minutes ago, Heron said:

Yeah, I have no doubt about Hillsborough, but I juat think it's like part of their make up because of that, that they seem to whinge about how hard to done to they are all the time. I think it develops a siege mebtwlity that's mafe them successful to be honest. It's just really irritating. 

Tbf I think we're probably similar, just without the success or influence to where our winging (I'd argue mosty justified) is actually taken serious.

As if we wouldn't have a victim complex (not that I think it is that) if 97 of our fans had died, the government covered it up, and the police, media, public, and opposition fans all duly obliged in either partly or fully blaming Liverpool fans and the victims themselves for 20 years.

Plenty can barely handle the stick we get for a takeover where we're the benefactors and have a bunker mentality over that, never mind the shit Liverpool fans had to endure.

Edited by kisearch

Guest HTT II

Hillsborough is one of the most sickening, shameful events in this country’s modern history, no-one should go to a football match and be killed and then have their deaths blamed on themselves, covered over and get zero justice for decades by the government, the police and the media. I don’t like LFC these days and their fans are annoying victim pleaders at the best of times, but I absolutely fucking love how they boycotted the sun and how as a fanbase, they are so United and always have been, sadly through tragedy. That and Liverpool is a cool City and tbh, their fans in real life are sound. 

21 minutes ago, kisearch said:

21 minutes ago, kisearch said:

As if we wouldn't have a victim complex (not that I think it is that) if 97 of our fans had died, the government covered it up, and the police, media, public, and opposition fans all duly obliged in either partly or fully blaming Liverpool fans and the victims themselves for 20 years.

Plenty can barely handle the stick we get for a takeover where we're the benefactors and have a bunker mentality over that, never mind the shit Liverpool fans had to endure.

Their victim complex goes back beyond Hillsborough. That heightened it though.

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, madras said:

Their victim complex goes back beyond Hillsborough. That heightened it though.

This. And it’s very important to remember that it could have been any one of our teams in that position too. Most people who regularly went to away games at that time will have a story to tell about a day when it could have been them. We were all treated like shit on the regular by the authorities and some of the media, and herded like cattle into pens. It was going to happen to somebody sooner or later. It really wasn’t because it was Liverpool. Just like Heysel could have been us, or Chelsea, or Man U.

Said it before but heard it last night on a review - Watford and Norwich showed "character" to bounce straight back

Which would mean they showed a lack of character to go down

Which would mean they basically neither have character nor lack it and the whole concept is redundant and it might just be that this is sport not Jung's couch.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest Biggsbond14
1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

This. And it’s very important to remember that it could have been any one of our teams in that position too. Most people who regularly went to away games at that time will have a story to tell about a day when it could have been them. We were all treated like shit on the regular by the authorities and some of the media, and herded like cattle into pens. It was going to happen to somebody sooner or later. It really wasn’t because it was Liverpool. Just like Heysel could have been us, or Chelsea, or Man U.

Your argument doesn’t work as Liverpool fans started the heysel tragedy not anyone else as I watched it live no one too blame but them. You can’t change history as Liverpool fans have caused trouble home and in Europe or many years 

24 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Your argument doesn’t work as Liverpool fans started the heysel tragedy not anyone else as I watched it live no one too blame but them. You can’t change history as Liverpool fans have caused trouble home and in Europe or many years 

My point is that if you put Chelsea fans, or Man U fans, or whoever in that situation that something similar could have happened. Just as if you’d put Chelsea fans, or Man U fans, or whoever in that end at Hillsborough.

Guest Biggsbond14
20 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

My point is that if you put Chelsea fans, or Man U fans, or whoever in that situation that something similar could have happened. Just as if you’d put Chelsea fans, or Man U fans, or whoever in that end at Hillsborough.

But they weren’t you can’t change history