Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Oh my fucking God, this yellow thing on Sky Sports.  "We have someone from our German channel here - and he's wearing a YELLOW TIE!  Wow, you guys are really embracing the yellow!"  "Uh, yes.  We asked some of the production staff to wear yellow shirts, but some of them, they were not so keen. Heh. "HAHAHA, you guys are really going for the yellow for the first time this year.  A viewer has sent in a picture of YELLOW SOCKS he's wearing for transfer window day!  What a legend.  And here's a DOG wearing a yellow collar, he's all ready for deadline day on Sky Sports!  Absolute scenes!"

Robbie Keane's was awful too

This.  A cartwheel and then a forward roll?!  :lol:  It's like he's doing a dance routine in year two gymnastics class.  Utter shit. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet.  But SSN using Football Manager stats when looking at players.  Horrendous.

Robbie Keane's was awful too

This.  A cartwheel and then a forward roll?!  :lol:  It's like he's doing a dance routine in year two gymnastics class.  Utter s***. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet.  But SSN using Football Manager stats when looking at players.  Horrendous.

I kinda like Keane's celebration :lol:. I figured that he always knew it was a little bit shit.

Was it the 2002 World Cup where he did it about 3 times just to see himself on the big screen?

Don't know but that last minute equaliser vs Germany in 02 was probably my favourite ever moment watching football. Love Robbie Keane. He was actually a pretty divisive figure in Ireland for most of his career despite scoring bucket loads of goals for us

Was it the 2002 World Cup where he did it about 3 times just to see himself on the big screen?

Don't know but that last minute equaliser vs Germany in 02 was probably my favourite ever moment watching football. Love Robbie Keane. He was actually a pretty divisive figure in Ireland for most of his career despite scoring bucket loads of goals for us

Been an excellent player for LA Galaxy. And I respect him a lot for not acting like MLS is beneath him, seems really invested in the team's success.

Was it Keane who trotted out the "I supported the club as a boy/dream to play here" line.  For pretty much every club he signed for?  :lol: 

Can't stick the bloke really.  Far worse people in football of course.  But I think maybe that god awful celebration is influencing my opinion of him. 

I wouldn't say I'm Robbies biggest fan but to be fair to him he never said what people slate him for.

When signing for Liverpool and Celtic he claimed to be a boyhood fan, no big deal for a lad from Ireland. That's it. At Inter it was something like "a dream come true for a lad like me, back streets of Dublin blah blah etc". But the Myth is he's a professional badge kisser who claimed to support 18 different clubs as a kid.

• 3 weeks later...

Players unable to kick a ball with either foot, and I mean like not being equally good with both but just pass a ball 5 yards. Van Aanholt, Colback, Fletcher spring to mind instantly. Mainly left footers who do this now I think about it.

I play with lads on a Sunday comfortable with either foot and they don't train more or less every day.

How hard can it be?

Players unable to kick a ball with either foot, and I mean like not being equally good with both but just pass a ball 5 yards. Van Aanholt, Colback, Fletcher spring to mind instantly. Mainly left footers who do this now I think about it.

I play with lads on a Sunday comfortable with either foot and they don't train more or less every day.

How hard can it be?

Erik Lamela is the absolute pinnacle of this

• 4 weeks later...