Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Roger Kint

Part time drinkers that infest pubs when England get to the knockout stages(also works for derby games) couldnt get served for the twats standing at the bar acting all Joe Patriot, no doubt will neer come in again til 2014  :rolleyes:

Part time drinkers that infest pubs when England get to the knockout stages(also works for derby games) couldnt get served for the twats standing at the bar acting all Joe Patriot, no doubt will neer come in again til 2014  :rolleyes:

On a related note, part time football fans. The amount of regurgitated opinions and obvious cliches I've heard this morning is unbelievable.

On a related note, part time football fans. The amount of regurgitated opinions and obvious cliches I've heard this morning is unbelievable.

This, so much.

The way the media reacts every time we lose - how everything top to bottom has been wrong with the game for the last thirty years and how we're not bringing the kids through.

Completely OTT. we're going through a spell where our best players are finished and the current ones are a bit mediocre. It just comes in phases.

The way the media reacts every time we lose - how everything top to bottom has been wrong with the game for the last thirty years and how we're not bringing the kids through.

Completely OTT. we're going through a spell where our best players are finished and the current ones are a bit mediocre. It just comes in phases.

just the way the media act every single time we're in a major competition, every time its all doom and gloom in the group stages as we limp through, then all of a sudden they think we have a chance when we reach the quarters and act like its some sort of embarrasment when we lose.

Definitely has its annoyances, but I don't mind this one.

I don't live in Newcastle, and live in an area where there isn't a majority when it comes to supporting a team (the nearest "good" team to us is Gillingham), so I think it's quite nice being in an environment where everyone is supporting the same team. It may be a bit superficial with all the tournament fans coming out of the woodwork, but the only other time I get to experience it is at SJP, which I've been to twice...

What is a pet hate though is tossers that can't control themselves whilst watching. Some fucker threw a pint (plastic) at the screen during the game, and there was the cliche idiot shouting the word "cunt" at the top of his voice all game thinking he was Alex Ferguson Alan Pardew. And that's exclusive of the occasional racist comments being thrown in that I'm not even going to start on.

I've been known to let slip the odd bit of colourful language in pubs while watching the football, but it's usually due to one of those socially awkward penguin-type situations in which everyone goes quiet just as you're about to swear.  I wouldn't say I ever do it unnecessarily loud or anything. 

I remember calling the ref a cunt once during a match and this old woman started going off on one demanding I apologise, was absolutely kicking off because I stood firm and said the only thing I felt sorry for was uptight people who get so easily offended by a stock four letter word.  I mean it's not like I was acting consistently belligerent or anything.  I probably would have apologised if she'd politely asked me to keep the language to a minimum but her attitude was fucking stinking, hugely ironic really considering she was getting high and mighty over respect and good manners when I wouldn't talk to a dog in the tone she was talking to me.  Tbh don't go to a crowded watering hole full of drunk blokes on a weekend when the football's on with emotions running high and not expect to hear a few bad words, it's not rocket science.

Obviously racism is another thing altogether, and I agree it's so embarrassing when some twat is in there hurling racial abuse at the TV in front of everyone.  Kills the whole atmosphere.

Yeah, you've gotta be an idiot not to expect colourful language, this guy was just shouting it all game at the top of his voice.

There was also some freak at the back as well that waited until the place went silent after Diamante scored the last penalty to shout in what sounded like his best slipknot voice "YOU CUUUUUNTSS, YOU CUUUUUNNNTS, IM ENGLAND TILL I DIE, YOU CUUUUUNTS" It didn't even make any sense, I think he must have been bipolar :lol:

When Shola scored against the mackems I accidentaly hoyed an empty pint glass at some woman like :lol:

Slipped out of my hand and travelled an ungodly distance but luckily it somehow didn't smash and just missed her shin, she went fucking wild. Tried to appologise about 6-7 times and eventualy just told her to shup up (badass).

I suppose that's a pet hate of mine for the other section, people who just cannot let things go, just accept the appology and sit down man, call me a cunt in your head if you want.

One guy in the pub I was in was shouting "YE FOCKUN ITALIAN BASTAD!" every time one of their players was on the screen. Even did it to the Portuguese ref at one point.  :lol:

Yep, had that all game too. Whenever Italy wasted another chance, they were sticking the wanker signs at the TV :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

When managers make a step up from one club to another in terms of club size and expectation and then target either exactly the same players as they did before, or target players from their own previous club.

It's lazy and seriously stupid. Bruce was terrible for that, amongst other things.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, but if they make a step up then they should do with the players they target as well. There's no point in bringing in players from poor teams to try and improve a team with higher expectations.

then again they could have faith that a player they've worked with before can make the step up. As for the targetting of the same type of players as before, could be force of habit or difficulty in mentally making the step up himself in what he needs

When managers make a step up from one club to another in terms of club size and expectation and then target either exactly the same players as they did before, or target players from their own previous club.

It's lazy and seriously stupid. Bruce was terrible for that, amongst other things.

depends on the player. clough took john mcgovern almost everywhere he went.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, it's fair enough. It's when it's Heskey, Cattermole, Nolan, Konchesky level when I despair.

Someone with better photo editing skills than I desperately needs to start a 'part-time footie fan' meme.

Debating football with people who don't have a clue.

Was out last night and this bloke (mate of a mate) was arguing with me that Brian Laudrup was a better player than Michael.  He then went on to say England would have beat Italy if 'Ary was manager.  :banghead: