Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Striker is probably the hardest position to keep going in I would think.  If you're a Sheringham type who has never relied on pace or movement then it's not so bad but in general strikers need to react quickest and have the acceleration and burst of pace to get into position ahead of the defender and that starts going quite quickly once you're the wrong side of 30.

Jokes about how conversations have happened during transfer negotiations. Especially when they say something like '£3million and a packet of Space Raiders'. Pure cringefestival.

:lol: Nearly as bad as all the constant formation/lineup posts, is there really a need to draw out a team each time were linked with a player?

Jokes about how conversations have happened during transfer negotiations. Especially when they say something like '£3million and a packet of Space Raiders'. Pure cringefestival.

:lol: Nearly as bad as all the constant formation/lineup posts, is there really a need to draw out a team each time were linked with a player?

Just remember to play at least one player out of position when you do so. :thup:

The mentality that if your close to 30 or already 30+ then your no good any more really pisses me off.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70hgpnuly1r6mismo2_1280.jpg

35 :notbad:

Not a great example, but he had 2 very good seasons beyond 30, certainly.

I knew you'd hate that example :lol:

Aye he wasn't great for the team his last two season's. Still was top scorer in them though :thup:

120 in 251 after 30. Useless old man :lol:

Had a bet with a guy at work that he'd score 1 in every 2 in 2001-2, he put his annual salary on he wouldn't. Never got the money like :lol:

So many people were anti-Shearer back then, unbelievable to me, think they were trying to be clever and say "I told you so" because the nationals were against him.

People, pfft.

Aye, missed a couple of years, and played injured a lot too. Fucking legend to me like. 283 in the league and all top flight in teams that weren't always at the top of the table. In living memory only Jimmy Greaves beats that and he wasn't a target man fighting for every ball like Shearer.

What a guy.

'We've seen them given!'

No f***ing s***, there are quite a lot of football matches.

Just another one of those non-committal things where commentators piss their pants in fear of actually making a judgement call

That line about being arrogant/not prepared/underestimated the opposition gets trotted out whenever a team that is much better on paper loses to another team. Quite often, it's a load of shit. You can do lots of prep and expect to play a tough team and still play shit. sometimes, things just don't click and the other team does

That line about being arrogant/not prepared/underestimated the opposition gets trotted out whenever a team that is much better on paper loses to another team. Quite often, it's a load of s***. You can do lots of prep and expect to play a tough team and still play s***. sometimes, things just don't click and the other team does

Absolutely. I've heard it said after the opposition have parked the bus, which can be extremely hard to break down.

People who never pass to you when playing. I love spraying it around and creating chances for people, it'd be nice if others could have the same courtesy.

We play five a side with a guy and he is the ball greediest cunt I think I've ever seen. Tbf, he's got pretty good tekkers but you literally can't walk a ball into the net in five a side.

The most infuriating type of player out there by a mile.

Talented, but useless in a team sport, just doesn't get it at all.

When commentators say great save when it just gets smashed off the keeper from point blank range. Then on the contrary when a striker volleys it and they say "he's hit it too well"