Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Is it really obstruction anywhere else on the pitch though? I always hear that but the defender technically has the right to not just move out of the way and let the forward collect the ball surely?

If the ball was about 10 yards away then fair enough, you would be obstructing the path to the ball by holding your arms out like a lunatic, but I cannot see why you shouldn't be allowed to follow the path of the ball without allowing the attacker to nip in?

If the defender doesn't have control of the ball then it should be a free kick, simple as.

The ball must be in playing distance. You don't have to be actively playing the ball (you can just let it run) but you must be able to play it, else it's impeding that opposition

Sorry if posted elsewhere but this is pretty disgraceful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265

Shows what a truly great pro he was.

Just an all-round cunt.  What makes it worse is that he was (and is) actually proud of his cunt-ery.  Blood was boiling listening to him justify himself on 606 yesterday by saying, "Yeah, I deliberately and wilfully acted like a complete twat, but at least I'm admitting that I pulled that shit."  Not a hint of remorse or embarrassment at all in his voice.

Right up there with Suarez in the disgusting human being stakes.

Guest bimpy474

Teams wearing away kits for no reason.

Think I've said this before.

I think the way it works now is that teams have to wear their away strip a certain amount of times contractually, when it should be if they have to because of a kit clash. I guess it's the day and age of big sponsorship for being a teams kit maker.

When a goal is described as fantastic despite being scored as a result of high feet.

Take RvP's yesterday. The Swansea player should have been a simple block with his head but you could see him begin to move in with his head but pull out and swing his foot at it instead, ultimately putting in a crap attempt at the block and conceding. If no-one is near then fair enough but it would be a free kick anywhere else.

And commentator's excuses for commentating. Not a game goes by without me getting wound up by it, and most of the time it isn't even our games.

Anything and everything about Arsenal. Same storylines every fucking season. Lose a game they should've won: "Arsene's lost the plot!" 'Fail' to spend: "Wooooe is me! We're but a wee club!" Wilshere starts the season with promise, "This is his year, lads." Then misses the majority of the season to injury. An up and down season, unceremonious exit in the CL, outside the top 5 with a month to go, and then an inglorious 4th placed finish.

Wish they'd get Suarez just so we could have a different fucking storyline.

I wouldn't take too much notice of what a manager says  :whistle:

Wahey!

I just mean the way he's always in the 'the whole word is against us' whinge mode. His accent doesn't help either.

:lol: Pretty childish of me.

Listened to him on Football Focus the other day and he sounded genuinely hurt about the way he was portrayed during his last Premier League Season.

Another pet hate, Football Focus.

Anything and everything about Arsenal. Same storylines every f***ing season. Lose a game they should've won: "Arsene's lost the plot!" 'Fail' to spend: "Wooooe is me! We're but a wee club!" Wilshere starts the season with promise, "This is his year, lads." Then misses the majority of the season to injury. An up and down season, unceremonious exit in the CL, outside the top 5 with a month to go, and then an inglorious 4th placed finish.

Wish they'd get Suarez just so we could have a different f***ing storyline.

You could literally pen their season out on a calendar.

Late August, first CL away win.  "Gunners have their fight back!  THIS YEAR THE DROUGHT ENDS!"

Should last until the next domestic embarrasment this Saturday.

Guest bimpy474

Holloway is always screaming abuse at the 4th official or swearing his head like a loon. For all the funny clips with him in, he's quite rude in the after match interviews and doesn't come across as very nice tbh.

When we played Balckpool in the championship Holloway came out with something that had me in stitches, something about needing to be gladiators when you enter the lions den. But his team were lambs and they spread mint sauce on themselves. I find it impossible to dislike him after that.

Neil Warnock on the other hand, now he's a moaning cunt!

Guest bimpy474

When we played Balckpool in the championship Holloway came out with something that had me in stitches, something about needing to be gladiators when you enter the lions den. But his team were lambs and they spread mint sauce on themselves. I find it impossible to dislike him after that.

Neil Warnock on the other hand, now he's a moaning cunt!

Absolutely, yet i find him warm friendly and a very good pundit.