Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Roger Kint

Not some recurring thing, but it still annoys me that we gave away 4 of the 11, or about 35% of the points to the worst team in PL history.

That Kenny Miller goal..

One of the most depressing trips I've had supporting Newcastle. Grim Ikea stadium in a parking lot, bunch of pissed thirteen year olds sat in front acting like right cunts. Still remember Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls," or whatever the fuck its called was played at half time while we're trailing and these cunts are singing along... "You had me suicidal." Never has a song felt more apt.

Was a rotten Monday night pissing down, freezing cold and we serve up one of the worst displays in living memory. Plus our coach almost crashed on the way home

Do you think anyone who moves to Madrid from another country ever becomes an Atletico or Rayo fan?

Guy I know teaches English there and has suddenly become a "massive" Real fan. Just seems cheap as fuck.

If they moved to Madrid from somewhere else in Spain I'd be inclined to agree with you, but seeing as they have no link to any of the three clubs I don't see how it makes much difference which they choose to support.

Do you think anyone who moves to Madrid from another country ever becomes an Atletico or Rayo fan?

Guy I know teaches English there and has suddenly become a "massive" Real fan. Just seems cheap as fuck.

Some cunt on my Facebook went to Paris for a weekend twice recently and now has a tattoo of the Eiffel Tower and considers himself one of the biggest PSG fans going.

He's a right fucking creep.

Guest firetotheworks

They're like those guys that shaved their heads and claimed they'd always been punk.

http://www.shotpix.com/images/17480561159089567622.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

If it were me I'd probably just end up supporting whoever it was easier/cheaper to get tickets for.

Rayo for me, cant stand Real(plus getting tickets is too hard/expensove) and mackem strips are a no go. Plus they have two former FM superstars :lol:

Depends where you live in the city I would have thought.

Real is the easiest to get too though as it has it's own Metro stop & is in a nice part of town.

If it were me living in a new multi-team city I'd have go to all the teams and see which atmosphere I liked best.

Real is the easiest to get too though as it has it's own Metro stop & is in a nice part of town.

If it were me living in a new multi-team city I'd have go to all the teams and see which atmosphere I liked best.

That seems the most reasonable way to handle the situation. It just seems like, 95% of the time, no matter where this person might live in Madrid, they're gonna choose Real.

That seems the most reasonable way to handle the situation. It just seems like, 95% of the time, no matter where this person might live in Madrid, they're gonna choose Real.

Something like over 70% of Spain are either supposedly Barcelona or Real fans. 

Its not unusual for people to have a 'local' team and support one of the big two also.  Busy reading that Sid Lowe book (Fear And Loathing In La Liga) and he goes quite in-depth into the reasons why too.  Interesting stuff.

But aye, people moving to a big city and going to support the 'easiest' team is my issue too.  You would've thought he'd at least try a few teams first?

Players carrying man-purses when shown walking from bus to changing rooms. Usually Louis Vuitton.

Nowt wrong with a 7 quid sports direct special nike bag, fucking footballers being flash cunts.

I'm hearing so many people (ok, women) who usually have no interest in football talk about their plans for watching the derby. Just an excuse to get tarted up and be in the pub at 10am. :anguish:

I agree to some extent that its :anguish:, but TBH, I do the same for a lot of other stuff which im sure if you think about it, you do too.

I'm hearing so many people (ok, women) who usually have no interest in football talk about their plans for watching the derby. Just an excuse to get tarted up and be in the pub at 10am. :anguish:

Yes, yes, yes and fucking yes!!!

2 lasses in the local last Sunday were discussing their plans.  The place I heard them decide upon, I know for a fact doesn't show any football.  Don't even think there's screens for that matter.

Guest firetotheworks

It's even worse when they ask you to join them, you say no and then they start going on about what you should be doing, despite that being the only match of the year that they watch, let alone go out for.

I agree to some extent that its :anguish:, but TBH, I do the same for a lot of other stuff which im sure if you think about it, you do too.

Same. There's a lot of shit I don't really care about but will use as an excuse to get fucked up/day drink. I don't mind it when others do the same to the stuff I like, just adds to the spectacle. From what I can tell at least, the derby is more than a football game, it's an even for the whole region.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't think it's just women mind Jill.

There's plenty of blokes who say nowt all year round & then try and lecture people around derby week.

''Say nowt'' being my mantra in such cases.