Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Surely it's not just me but the constant grieving for events that have nothing to do with football - Chelsea and Palace players wearing black armbands for the Westminster attack for example!

Guest neesy111

I suspect Neesy is looking from a fan point of view. Which I agree with. Some of our away fixtures in particular have been a complete joke this season.

That and how the whole thing of games on TV being diluted to a degree that even big games feel like a non event.  In the early PL days the TV games felt like they had a meaning.

It's no wonder viewing figures are declining.

I suspect Neesy is looking from a fan point of view. Which I agree with. Some of our away fixtures in particular have been a complete joke this season.

That and how the whole thing of games on TV being diluted to a degree that even big games feel like a non event.  In the early PL days the TV games felt like they had a meaning.

They dress games up that are total non-entities like that's the issue. Obviously they need to sell their games but any amounts of selling won't dress up West Bromwich vs Stoke at this stage of the season or some similarly shite fixture. 

Guest neesy111

They dress games up that are total non-entities like that's the issue. Obviously they need to sell their games but any amounts of selling won't dress up West Bromwich vs Stoke at this stage of the season or some similarly shite fixture.

Aye, i only really watch games nowadays if I'm bored on a weekend of week night when it's non nufc.

Only latter CL games i feel have importance now and maybe FA cup from semi's.

• 3 weeks later...

That challenge by Son for Tottenham and how Victor Moses reacted to it is everything I hate about modern football in a single incident.

Moses could so easily have hurdled that challenge and moved into a really dangerous position unimpeded but instead, he CHOSE to go down to win a penalty. He could see the challenge a couple of seconds early because Son went down so early.  It's bullshit! That's a dive, if you choose to go down it's a dive. If you have no choice because the challenge is so strong, it's a penalty.  People cite it as professionalism but it's fucking sickening.