Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

People who pretend to support teams abroad for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Even more so when it's Celtic and Rangers.

:thup: Agreeing with you aal owa the shop. Using 'we' because you went there on holiday once.

Know a lad who claims to support Bayern Munich. You don't mate.

Aaaarrgghh my melt of a friend supports Real Sociedad because he went to San Sebastián on his honeymoon. Legitimately uses "we" to describe them gets properly agitated if they lose. Wears that fucking xavi Prieto jersey every day and all.

Guest neesy111

People who pretend to support teams abroad for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Even more so when it's Celtic and Rangers.

:thup: Agreeing with you aal owa the shop. Using 'we' because you went there on holiday once.

Aaaarrgghh my melt of a friend supports Real Sociedad because he went to San Sebastián on his honeymoon. Legitimately uses "we" to describe them gets properly agitated if they lose. Wears that fucking xavi Prieto jersey every day and all.

Says the Bayern Munich fan....

:spit:

"athletico"

It's these commentators f***ing job.. literally the #1 and most basic thing to know, the name of the team you're commentating on :anguish:

Yep, hate this too.

It's only ever acceptable if it's not an elite club, IMO.

I kind of support Guangzhou as it's where I moved to here and presumably the club i'll be taking my boys to see.  A year after I arrived they won the Champions league and have won six titles in a row now :lol:

Probably been mentioned a million times throughout this thread but because it's at the top of the shop and I cant be arsed to look...

What does my nappa in is the lad in front at the games who sings the loudest but is always out of tune and gets the words wrong.

'We are!, we are!'.      get to fuck, it's 'Wey yu knaa'

Probably been mentioned a million times throughout this thread but because it's at the top of the shop and I cant be arsed to look...

What does my nappa in is the lad in front at the games who sings the loudest but is always out of tune and gets the words wrong.

'We are!, we are!'.      get to f***, it's 'Wey yu knaa'

In a similar vein, "We love Newcastle, we do". It was always "We love you Newcastle, we do" when I were a kid.

I don't "support" any European sides, but there are sides that I want to do well (Juve, for example).

I consider myself a fan of other teams that I just like or watch out for their results, but don't consider myself a supporter unless I actively do what I can to support the team. I'd consider myself a supporter of Hertha Berlin because I go to games when I can, make an effort to watch as many games as I can, but a fan of little old Elgin City because I just keep an eye on their results from afar.

• 2 weeks later...

1992–1993 FA Premier League

1993–2001 FA Carling Premiership

2001–2004 FA Barclaycard Premiership

2004–2007 FA Barclays Premiership

2008–2016 Barclays Premier League

2016–         Premier League

Not that it's really worth getting irritated about. It's just a brand name anyway. Colloquialisms are fine.

Aye, don't know why people would get so worked up about something like that. Its like if someone was complaining about people calling the stadium St James' Park when it was named the "Sports Direct Arena" a few seasons ago.

TRon calling it "the premier" on the other hand, annoys me

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, I'm sure league is incorrect too, and it should be named a division not a league.

Tbf, I'm sure league is incorrect too, and it should be named a division not a league.

What's the difference between a league and a division?