Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, I'm sure league is incorrect too, and it should be named a division not a league.

What's the difference between a league and a division?

I can't be sure, I've always thought that technically a league is classed  as the whole set of divisions within it. e.g. The Football League.

Tbf, I'm sure league is incorrect too, and it should be named a division not a league.

What's the difference between a league and a division?

I can't be sure, I've always thought that technically a league is classed  as the whole set of divisions within it. e.g. The Football League.

Yeah, you divide a league up into divisions. It's not always the case (but it should be!).

Premier League is a completely separate entity to the Football League since the top clubs broke away in 92.

Fwiw I still call the Championship Division Two. Illogical I know, but it's the second tier of football in England and shouldn't be glamourised/hyped as if it's anything more than that imo.

Pundits sitting on the fence. Just seen Shearer and Wright totally avoid the question of Wenger staying or going, and it was quite irritating. It's a game of opinions, you're paid to give an opinion, give it. Just say why you have come to that decision. Shearer's allowed to like cause he's Shearer. He can do what he wants. :iamatwat: :iamatwat: :iamatwat:

That's why I find watching La Liga and Serie A so refreshing as none of the commentators have any allgencies so will speak freely about players and managers.

Doesn't stop the ridiculous jizzfest about every single thing Barcelona and Real Madrid players do being INCREDIBLE.

Aye, that's another pet hate of mine. Ben Smith from Barnsley does something sublime and it's like ah aye, mint goal. Messi scores a 6 yard tap in and it's all about his amazing composure and how it's an outstanding team goal, etc.

Just realised why Wrighty doesn't give his opinion much - cause his opinion is generally shit.

That's entirely Rob Palmer, tbf.

Both of them. Gerry Armstrong described a Suarez goal tonight as 'a lovely finish'. It was a one-touch tap in from no more than two yards out, pretty much centre of the goal. It's annoying as fuck.

Ian Wright is a terrible pundit.  He clearly only watches Arsenal and Palace cos he knows almost nothing about any other team, he just blags his way through it giving vague opinions.  Watching him comment on European teams is even more embarassing, a couple of weeks ago he seemed shocked when Higuain got the ball on the right wing and didn't skin Barca's left back for pace.  One of the best strikers in the world at the minute and a so-called expert doesn't know that pace isn't his strength?  :idiot2:  The bloke is a moron.

Not just that but considering he was a very good striker himself, he doesn't seem to offer any insight on attacking play when he's supposed to be analysing games. 

Shit managers who play shit football (Pulis) who masively overreact to a missed chance and then blame that one missed chance for losing / not winning the game. Maybe if you set your team up to create more than one chance a game it wouldn't fucking matter so much. Allardyce does this too, head in hands if one of his players misses a decent opportunity. You can almost see the cogs whirring in his head - there's my excuse in the post-match interview, I did everything right and I'm a tactical genius but Benteke missed the one shooting opportunity he got from a scrambled set piece.

End of season tours. ie, Spurs in Hong Kong now.

Likewise. And just end of season itself. So s***.

I might have said similar in the past, but I never wanted this season to end, so I'm loving this post-season friendly. More the merrier!

Players winning a trophy (or promotion in this case) with their club then running around with their national flags to celebrate. It's not an international match, you were all representing your club, there's no need ffs.

:smitten: I have to be honest, if someone won a top level club competition and ran around with the GWG flag, it would give me a small bit of pride, despite the fact I am a cynical, bitter, and jaded old man. It means something to someone and for this reason, I fully support it.

Odd numbered years.

At least there's Confederations cup and U21 Euros in the summer.

You're not selling it. I love getting in from work and having three games back to back on terrestrial TV. Best time of the year.