Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I absolutely hate it. It would help if referees started giving pens to players who stay on their feet after being impeded, mind. Coutinho should have had a pen yesterday and probably would have got one if he'd chosen to go down.

Aye, I absolutely hate it. It would help if referees started giving pens to players who stay on their feet after being impeded, mind. Coutinho should have had a pen yesterday and probably would have got one if he'd chosen to go down.

This is it. I'm not going to blame players for going down easy (providing there is some contact which impedes them in some way) when it's been proven time and again that players don't get penalties by staying on their feet

This is it. I'm not going to blame players for going down easy (providing there is some contact which impedes them in some way) when it's been proven time and again that players don't get penalties by staying on their feet

The fucking pundits are complicit in this as well. If they started calling a dive a dive rather than supporting players who go down when they feel some contact, it wouldn't be seen as the norm. Publicly shame these diving fuckers and start putting pressure on the FA to clean the game up. Every time i hear 'there was definitely contact' I want to hurl my fucking TV out of the window. So fucking what if there was contact, it's a contact sport. If the player could have stayed on his feet but CHOSE not to, he's fucking cheating!

Adrian Durham.

I know his whole shtick is being a troll and talking s**** to get listeners but he still does my f***ing head in.

Talksport is fucking painful in general. They just talk over people and spout shite all day long. How Darren Gough has a job in broadcasting is beyond comprehension - I bet the guy struggles to get himself dressed in the morning.

Guest firetotheworks

There are ridiculous double-standards like. Gaston Ramirez was berated by every pundit going purely because his dive looked daft and no one touched him. That seems to be the line that pundits draw, whether it looks embarrassing or not.

Adrian Durham.

I know his whole shtick is being a troll and talking s**** to get listeners but he still does my f***ing head in.

Talksport is f***ing painful in general. They just talk over people and spout s**** all day long. How Darren Gough has a job in broadcasting is beyond comprehension - I bet the guy struggles to get himself dressed in the morning.

I normally don't pay too much attention to it, it's normally just something on in the background in the car on my way to work. But last week they were running a poll for which Premiership team has been the most disappointing in the Champions League. Spurs were (rightly for so) leading the poll but Durham was having none of it. His choice was Leicester being the most disappointing because they only got to the quarters, which isn't acceptable for a team that won their respective league.

Adrian Durham.

Talksport is f***ing painful in general. They just talk over people and spout s**** all day long. How Darren Gough has a job in broadcasting is beyond comprehension - I bet the guy struggles to get himself dressed in the morning.

I normally don't pay too much attention to it, it's normally just something on in the background in the car on my way to work. But last week they were running a poll for which Premiership team has been the most disappointing in the Champions League. Spurs were (rightly for so) leading the poll but Durham was having none of it. His choice was Leicester being the most disappointing because they only got to the quarters, which isn't acceptable for a team that won their respective league.

You know at that point he's just being a cunt to work all the thick listeners up into a frenzy. I imagine most of them don't get it.

I can't have it on in the background, I know at some point my ears will tune in to it and it'll wind me up

Guest firetotheworks

The big deal they make of the race to 4th is funny as well, given an English team hasn't looked like coming close to winning the Champions League in 5 years

Getting into the Champions League is an achievement in itself like, obviously the money you can throw around on players and the players you can attract improves massively.

Is the money for getting in the Champions League even that significant now compared to the PL?  I thought I read an article recently saying it's not even that important now, but could be way off.

The big deal they make of the race to 4th is funny as well, given an English team hasn't looked like coming close to winning the Champions League in 5 years

Getting into the Champions League is an achievement in itself like, obviously the money you can throw around on players and the players you can attract improves massively.

The money of the Champions League isn't really that big anymore considering how much they get from being in the PL. I take your point about attracting players though

Guest neesy111

Is the money for getting in the Champions League even that significant now compared to the PL?  I thought I read an article recently saying it's not even that important now, but could be way off.

It's not as important as it used to be, mind Leicester will be getting the biggest share from this season's pot for English teams since they got the furthest in the tournament.

Guest firetotheworks

People who pretend to support teams abroad for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Even more so when it's Celtic and Rangers.

People who pretend to support teams abroad for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Even more so when it's Celtic and Rangers.

:thup: Agreeing with you aal owa the shop. Using 'we' because you went there on holiday once.

Know a lad who claims to support Bayern Munich. You don't mate.

Commentators being outraged over the waving of an imaginary yellow card more than the actual foul itself. Proper fucking boring.

Unless legs were literally turned to mush, it's the correct viewpoint. Minging tackles > mincing card waving.