Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Since when were penalties decided on the response of players?

Last night the commentators at Fulham were saying it was a pen due to player reaction. Soccer Saturday are saying Zaha should have had a pen last week as no Watford players appealed for a dive, therefore they all secretly knew it was foul?

Like what the absolute fuck.

The BT Sport adverts for Arsenal's Europa League games.

All BT Sport adverts. What I find most annoying is that they pick some proper funky music but then they completely ruin it with terrible montages, graphics and voiceovers.

Since when were penalties decided on the response of players?

Last night the commentators at Fulham were saying it was a pen due to player reaction. Soccer Saturday are saying Zaha should have had a pen last week as no Watford players appealed for a dive, therefore they all secretly knew it was foul?

Like what the absolute fuck.

Shouldn't be the case but sometimes it does help when the ref isn't 100% sure.

Instead of the 'pretend' yellow cards you'll have players signalling for VAR constantly. Looking forward to it.

The first time I see a player gesture for var, rugby league style, is the day I walk away from this s****.

12 month tops.

Already seen it a few times tbh.

Morata at Chelsea for one.

Guest neesy111

The first time I see a player gesture for var, rugby league style, is the day I walk away from this s****.

12 month tops.

Already seen it a few times tbh.

Morata at Chelsea for one.

I've seen one do the cricket signal for DRS.

“We love Newcastle we do.”

(We love YOU Newcastle, we do... oh Newcastle we love you.”)

Newk-sel :thup:

It's 2018 and I've just heard this exchange:

What time's the match, 3?

Aye

Is it on Sky?

I find it disproportionately annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

This weird recent trend of pundits, players and managers saying 'stay concentrated'.

It's 'keep concentration' man, you're not orange juice.

Wilshire has too much of a reputation not to take

Southgate has a choice of played 12 games Wilshire or Shelvey. He will pick wilshite

Taking Wilshire over Shelvey is a catastrophic mistake he is basically picking a 22 man squad

With a broader view, I'd have taken him above Wilshire and Livermore as well as he offers something different.

Wilshire, Chris Houghton and Lee Clarke for me

Fans / pundits proclaiming "we love seeing attacking football" as if other fan bases prefer turgid defensive hoofball.

Everybody wants and likes attacking football, it's called entertainment. It's not the West ham way, Man Utd way etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fans / pundits proclaiming "we love seeing attacking football" as if other fan bases prefer turgid defensive hoofball.

Everybody wants and likes attacking football, it's called entertainment. It's not the West ham way, Man Utd way etc.

I wouldn’t know like, the mackems lapped Big Sam’s footy up. Many aToon fan considered the way we played under Pardew as decent footy too until the end. Even when we finished 5th for the vast majority of that season I thought we were awful to watch. Winning masks over a lot of things I suppose.

I wouldn’t know like, the mackems lapped Big Sam’s footy up. Many aToon fan considered the way we played under Pardew as decent footy too until the end. Even when we finished 5th for the vast majority of that season I thought we were awful to watch. Winning masks over a lot of things I suppose.

nah that's lapping up results not the actual football imo

at that point the mackems were probably just amazed at some level of competence on the pitch

It's the patronising "just want to see their team work hard" that pundits break out around us as if any fan wants to see a really lazy team on the pitch, and the idea that we are happy and know our place not to be competing. It also (contradicting the also oft repeated platitude mentioned above) implies that we simple northerners can't appreciate the finer arts of flair etc.

• 2 weeks later...

When listening to Talkshite and the pundits say here is stan a HUGE Chelsea fan or someone infamous who is a massive Man U fan as if that makes them more important than Dave a Newcastle fan ,end of day football fan is just normal and nowt special with varying degrees of Fanaticism