Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

• 3 weeks later...

Paul Elliott, former Chelsea defender whose career was ended by a bad injury which I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Anyway he is one of the most pretentious twats going and not half as bright as he thinks he is.

:thup:

Fans describing players as "loyal" for "not asking for a move" when said players have been sat on their arses for a season or two, doing fuck all, and picking up 50k a week for it.

Like it's some great test of the human will.

I also hate Cesc Fabregas. Everything about him, his weasel fucking face, his stupid hair, his Barcelona thing, and the fact he's nothing like as good as he thinks he is.

Fans describing players as "loyal" for "not asking for a move" when said players have been sat on their arses for a season or two, doing fuck all, and picking up 50k a week for it.

I also hate Cesc Fabregas. Everything about him, his weasel fucking face, his stupid hair, his Barcelona thing, and the fact he's nothing like as good as he thinks he is.

C'mon Brummie, get off the fence, what do you really think of Fabregas?

C'mon Brummie, get off the fence, what do you really think of Fabregas?

So swoony!

Pundits that didn't notice, or talk as if he wasn't until then, that Forlán was a great player until last season.

He won the f***ing European Golden Shoe twice playing for second tier Spanish clubs after leaving ManU you ignorant twats.

"Will he cope with the physical nature of the premiership?" every time a small/technique based player is linked with a move to the PL. Read it about Agüero yesterday, read it about Pastore today, read it 10000000000000 times about Messi. Such a tiresome cliché.

They don't realise the defending in Spain is a lot more cynical than in England aswell.  Much more sly fouls and kicking the opposition.

Players like Messi and Aguero get kicked to pieces, the physicality of the Premier league won't be a problem.

i may have posted this before, but i abhor, detest & utterly despise the use of the phrase, "on frame".  afaik it's only usa commentators that use it, &  it's a ridiculous attempt to have their own soccer jargon.  it also is factually incorrect!  :rant:

i may have posted this before, but i abhor, detest & utterly despise the use of the phrase, "on frame".  afaik it's only usa commentators that use it, &  it's a ridiculous attempt to have their own soccer jargon.  it also is factually incorrect!   :rant:

What's the context of said phrase mate? Never heard it.  ???

i may have posted this before, but i abhor, detest & utterly despise the use of the phrase, "on frame".  afaik it's only usa commentators that use it, &  it's a ridiculous attempt to have their own soccer jargon.  it also is factually incorrect!   :rant:

What's the context of said phrase mate? Never heard it.  ???

it's said by commentators when what they really mean is "on goal".  "so&so needs to do better in that situation & at least get his shot on frame..."  they think they're being so innovative with soccer jargon--- arrgh!  :dave:

Guest thenorthumbrian

I hate armchair fans of one of the "big four" whoever they are these days who claim a certain club has no history. When what they really mean is that that club has no premiership history.

Football wasn't invented by Rupert Murdoch and existed before the premier league of greed came along.

And in recent years I have grown to despise team England.

The over hyping of players by pundits using the phrase "he's a top top player" which has lead to the extra hype by some pundits now reverting to "he's a top top top player"...

The over hyping of players by pundits using the phrase "he's a top top player" which has lead to the extra hype by some pundits now reverting to "he's a top top top player"...

http://images.sportinglife.com/08/07/330/Jamie-Redknapp_1074784.jpg

Guest Wally_McFool

or  a "proper player". What the fuck's one of them?

Guest Chubby Jason

I've realised now that I actually hate more things about football than I love, it's quite sad really.