Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

i may have posted this before, but i abhor, detest & utterly despise the use of the phrase, "on frame".  afaik it's only usa commentators that use it, &  it's a ridiculous attempt to have their own soccer jargon.  it also is factually incorrect!   :rant:

What's the context of said phrase mate? Never heard it.  ???

it's said by commentators when what they really mean is "on goal".  "so&so needs to do better in that situation & at least get his shot on frame..."   they think they're being so innovative with soccer jargon--- arrgh!   :dave:

Ah right, frame is such a shit word to use in that situation. :lol:

When pundits say 'your Gerrards and your Lampards of this world.' What the fuck are you talking about? Just say Gerrard and Lampard. Im not aware of any other football-playing planet so 'of this world' isn't really necessary is it? Such a stupid fucking phrase that a lot of pundits use. Boils my piss.

When pundits say 'your Gerrards and your Lampards of this world.' What the f*** are you talking about? Just say Gerrard and Lampard. Im not aware of any other football-playing planet so 'of this world' isn't really necessary is it? Such a stupid f***ing phrase that a lot of pundits use. Boils my p*ss.

What are they trying to talk about?  Players who used to be good and now shouldn't be anywhere near the England team?

I hate armchair fans of one of the "big four" whoever they are these days who claim a certain club has no history. When what they really mean is that that club has no premiership history.

Football wasn't invented by Rupert Murdoch and existed before the premier league of greed came along.

And in recent years I have grown to despise team England.

Agree, but on the other hand, another pet hate of mine is people claiming one club is bigger than another because it has more trophies even if they are not relevant anymore, and backing it up with "football existed before the premier league".

The Opinion Police, who have to set a limit on the amount of times you have to view someone to decide whether you (Yes, YOU as in your opinion) rate them or not.

The Opinion Police, who have to set a limit on the amount of times you have to view someone to decide whether you (Yes, YOU as in your opinion) rate them or not.

...but surely someone who has seen a player over a couple of seasons has a more informed opinion than someone who has seen him play a handful of games?

Presenters like Keys and Gray asking almost rhetorical questions to dim witted football players and managers instead of posing a brief simple and on occasions searching question to allow/force the guest to actually have to think of answer for themselves...

right need to get this off my chest, the following has done my head in lately

no 1: only going to big games, this is a league of ireland exclusive, last week Cork (my local side) played Shelbourne in the biggest game of the season league wise so far and about 3000 attended, good turn out for the league in general and a good time was had by all as we won 4-1, the following monday another home game, semi final of the league cup over here against Limerick and considering that the club was only reformed last year (after a farcical last year for the old Cork before it died including the club captain having to go on local radio to get some cash from people to pay the overdue bill to the bus company or they wouldn't be able to get to the game that night) its a great achievement, the attendance had dropped by 1000 to about 2000, now where in gods name were the extra 1000 people who had showed up for the previous game? its only a tenner in the door so hardly bank breaking. I know the standard of the league isn't great but there are plenty of people who are football fans but wouldn't dare darken the door of a league of ireland ground.

no2 control freak refs, really bugs me when refs get fussy about quick free kicks (in utterly non threatening positions) calling it back to be retaken or don't play advantage when theres a clear advantage

no 1: only going to big games, this is a league of ireland exclusive, last week Cork (my local side) played Shelbourne in the biggest game of the season league wise so far and about 3000 attended, good turn out for the league in general and a good time was had by all as we won 4-1, the following monday another home game, semi final of the league cup over here against Limerick and considering that the club was only reformed last year (after a farcical last year for the old Cork before it died including the club captain having to go on local radio to get some cash from people to pay the overdue bill to the bus company or they wouldn't be able to get to the game that night) its a great achievement, the attendance had dropped by 1000 to about 2000, now where in gods name were the extra 1000 people who had showed up for the previous game? its only a tenner in the door so hardly bank breaking. I know the standard of the league isn't great but there are plenty of people who are football fans but wouldn't dare darken the door of a league of ireland ground.

That's the way it is unfortunately. Like when we won the Championship, miraculously managed to sell out on the final game on the season.

That's the way it is unfortunately. Like when we won the Championship, miraculously managed to sell out on the final game on the season.

not applying it to england as such with tickets being more expensive over there etc etc, just bugs me that there are people who would call themselves football fans here but don't ever go to a LOI game or would switch the channel if one came on tv

Lower league teams who muster up 7,000 to take to Old Trafford and the likes too.

Not that I'm a model supporter, I'm awful.

Stevenage Borough football club.

People say I don't know about the rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland because I don't come from the area and they are right but as soon as that game was drawn last season I reckon I got a good idea.

The amount of small time cunts going on about revenge an desperate for a ticket.

But what made it worse were the hoards of "Stevenage fans" who hadn't been to the shit little ground since their old man took them for a day out 20 years ago and have supported Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea every since but now this game comes along they are Stevenage through and through.

Moron to a man and despite talk of going to the next game (Reading I think) not one of the wankers actually went and haven't been back for a single game since.

Didn't know much about the club the first time around but working with a lot of people that live there now it really opened my eyes and I have some quite venoment banter even now with their "fans".

Phil Thompson. The biggest Liverpool brown noser ever. Also for some reason he fucking hates us, he doesn't have a single nice thing to say about us ever. Honestly how the fuck does he have a job with Sky sports?, he is the most biased idiot ever. I mean I'm an idiot at times but fucking hell, him, he's just unbelievable. I can't wait for the day he fucks off into nothingness.

Phil Thompson. The biggest Liverpool brown noser ever. Also for some reason he fucking hates us, he doesn't have a single nice thing to say about us ever. Honestly how the fuck does he have a job with Sky sports?, he is the most biased idiot ever. I mean I'm an idiot at times but fucking hell, him, he's just unbelievable. I can't wait for the day he fucks off into nothingness.

Noser, you say? :troll:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

no2 control freak refs, really bugs me when refs get fussy about quick free kicks (in utterly non threatening positions) calling it back to be retaken or don't play advantage when theres a clear advantage

I know, right.

I'm a big shamrock rovers fan as well as Newcastle and go almost every week to tallaght to watch them. But the amount as part-time fans is incredible. Example the Copenhagen match the other week tallaght stadium was packed because we were only 1-0 down on aggerate and had a good shot at a major upset and a historic result for the whole nation. The next match tonight in tallaght against ucd we won 6-0 but there was no one at the game and no atmosphere a huge contrast to the champions league game.

If we had teh support we did against cophenagen in the LOI every week it could really spur the club forward but unfortunately people just aren't bothered or loyal and are only interested in big matches.

On the other hand people who are always on hand with opinions of players. There's no shame in having not heard of or watched a certain player, yet there's a few usual suspects on here who always claim to have watched even the most obscure players and teams play countless times and offer their own insight.

Guest Stephen927

On the other hand people who are always on hand with opinions of players. There's no shame in having not heard of or watched a certain player, yet there's a few usual suspects on here who always claim to have watched even the most obscure players and teams play countless times and offer their own insight.

:nods:

• 2 weeks later...