Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Liverpool were doing that today, and I was watching, waiting for Enrique to do it.

New rule: the only players who are allowed to instigate a conversation with the referee are the captains. Punishment = immediate yellow card.

Problem stops within a month.

Grey area, though, what's deemed 'instigating a conversation'? A player might instictively say "ah, come on ref" or "I never touched him" or whatever and that's a booking? That's too excessive imo.

I agree that the crowding round refs needs to stop etc, and that the only players involved should be the player the ref wishes to speak to and the captain - but a rule like that would stomp the life out of a game. You should be allowed to appeal for a decision respectfully - often if you don't ask, you don't get.

That's a yellow under my rules. You keep your mouth shut. 'Instinctively' doesn't come into it.

It'll take a month.

Guest Heneage

That's crazy, if they're legitimately giving abuse fair enough, even swearing, but just a  conversation is not worthy of a yellow.

Imagine players been sent off for shouting "come on ref" man :lol:

It's one of those things where there cannot be a black and white rule, the referee has to use his head, and if he feels certain players are going over the top and preventing him from officiating the game they should be carded.

Liverpool were doing that today, and I was watching, waiting for Enrique to do it.

New rule: the only players who are allowed to instigate a conversation with the referee are the captains. Punishment = immediate yellow card.

Yup. I agree with this, but the first couple of weekends would be a complete farce. We'd have players being sent off in every match and the FA and the refs in general would take an insane amount of criticism. If they were resolute then I agree that it would stop within a month, but the FA haven't shown leadership in any key areas so far so this will never happen, and if it does, they would probably give up on it after the first few red cards.

Yup. I agree with this, but the first couple of weekends would be a complete farce. We'd have players being sent off in every match and the FA and the refs in general would take an insane amount of criticism. If they were resolute then I agree that it would stop within a month, but the FA haven't shown leadership in any key areas so far so this will never happen, and if it does, they would probably give up on it after the first few red cards.

Exactly. It would need a few weeks of farce to bed in. Teams finishing with 7 men and conceding 6 or 7 etc.

If there's a grievance it goes through the captain. The players complain to their captain who takes it to the ref. The stupid 'come on ref' is eliminated and the game flows without the officials being sworn at/abused/hassled. Players need to show respect.

Referees.  Seriously.  All of them.  Corrupt and/or deeply inept.  There are small children in Amazonian tribes yet to make contact with modern humans who could referee a game better than this bunch of bell ends.

The sort of people who possess the magical combination of being completely s*** at what they do AND who you would have bullied in the playground for being total twats.

Why not give it a go then?

This.

Wherever you are, there'll be plenty of FA refereeing courses to do within a reasonable distance. The top refs get paid very good money, if you're so much better, do it.

Unfortunately, I already have a well paid job.  However, I don't have a lot of free time to do FA courses.  I would love to turn up and just ref a match, but I have no real will to do it at a high level.

Guest VegasToon

I hate fucking fair weather yanks.  One of my friends was West Ham supporter, now the fucker says he supports Man City because West Ham went down!    :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The lack of perspective of some fans. Just seen some footage of Arsenal fans at the Man U game on Sunday. Some of them were openly crying because they got twatted. Just got me wondering how they'd react if they had to spend a season battling relegation in the bottom 6 every week. They've never been relegated in their history, they're in the Champions League for the 14th season in a row and they've got a squad full of Internationals. They lost a game and it reduced them to tears.

Soft as fucking shite. :hmm:

The lack of perspective of some fans. Just seen some footage of Arsenal fans at the Man U game on Sunday. Some of them were openly crying because they got twatted. Just got me wondering how they'd react if they had to spend a season battling relegation in the bottom 6 every week. They've never been relegated in their history, they're in the Champions League for the 14th season in a row and they've got a squad full of Internationals. They lost a game and it reduced them to tears.

Soft as f***ing s****. :hmm:

If we (or any other team I have passion for) allowed 8 goals in one match, I would have to be prevented from doing felonies. By the same token, how dare you express anger and sadness at one relegation when Plymouth are falling away into nothingness. Everything is relative.

Soft as f***ing s****. :hmm:

If we (or any other team I have passion for) allowed 8 goals in one match, I would have to be prevented from doing felonies. By the same token, how dare you express anger and sadness at one relegation when Plymouth are falling away into nothingness. Everything is relative.

Nufc were raped 2-6 at home off manutd,  nufc fans sang.  Long may the thrashings contimue for arsenal.  Loving it.

Brian Swanson's teeth.

Why do they have to hold the fucking Ipad? if its needed then they could put it next to the screen dont have to fucking hold it and never ever look or touch it once.

Annoyed me since the day they started doing it, although  Dharmesh Sheth is the worst i think.