St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Would be very disappointed if we only get to 60k. Still means really no scope to sell new season tickets. 

Corporate will likely take up increased capacity. More money!

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Would be very disappointed if we only get to 60k. Still means really no scope to sell new season tickets. 

There will be plenty when the prices are jumping 30% for people who were on the 10 year deal

6 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Wait for everyone to complain now despite the fact that 2 years ago this was all in cloud cuckoo land

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

East stand still looks shit and out of place.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, tgarve said:

And there we go

Can never be seen as a top class arena up with the best there is whilst that 1970s monstrosity is part of it. If you disagree that's fine.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can't see how that's possible, would mean even less general sale tickets than now. 

Yeah, I don’t think they would increase ST numbers, even at 65k.

Ballot success rates should be a fair bit higher though…

Say what you want regarding their human rights record, but at least the North Korean dictatorship listen to their fans and deliver with a 150,000 capacity stadium.

PIF on the other hand....

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, I don’t think they would increase ST numbers, even at 65k.

Ballot success rates should be a fair bit higher though…

Yea absolutely, for me though if we take an option which still requires extensive balloting at the end of it we’ve failed in what we should have been trying achieve. 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can't see how that's possible, would mean even less general sale tickets than now. 

45k ST holders?

15k on general sale?

10 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I mean we literally know nothing about the final plans and anything is a positive but be a miserable prick if you want to be 😂😂

What's with the attitude like? Someone had posted a concept and I've commented that or would be disappointing if we couldn't touch the East Stand as that would stop it being an elite level stadium in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i'm more worried about the reduced capacity for a couple of years whilst its rebuilt.

If it's just Gallowgate extension you wouldn't have to. You could do a large amount of the work while the existing is place - then complete during off season like Liverpool did. Only likely a small period of time with reduced capacity.

To be fair that mock up isn't for me either. I'd be gutted if the Gallowgate lost the low roof.

But I'd be more than happy with it if it meant an increased capacity and therefore more way for my mates to get a Season Ticket again.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

If it's just Gallowgate extension you wouldn't have to. You could do a large amount of the work while the existing is place - then complete during off season like Liverpool did. Only likely a small period of time with reduced capacity.

maybe some corporate work in the milburn also?

Edited by huss9

14 minutes ago, tgarve said:

It’s honestly pathetic 

most miserable fan base on the planet at times

owners who have practically saved our club want to rebuild the ground after developing a huge fan park and funding improvements all over the place.

Lad sitting at home ‘ not good enough ‘ 

It's probably the only opportunity to seriously develop the stadium and a major part of the club and city for a generation or more. Can't blame people for wanting to get it right and make their view heard. It's not a criticism of the owners; if anything it's about trying to help them spend their money more wisely.

Just now, 80 said:

It's probably the only opportunity to seriously develop the stadium and a major part of the club and city for a generation or more. Can't blame people for wanting to get it right and make their view heard. It's not a criticism of the owners; if anything it's about trying to help them spend their money more wisely.

part of me thinks that too.

one chance to really go for it rather than cram as much as we can into the current stadium/site.

also no affect on capacity whilst new one is being built.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yea absolutely, for me though if we take an option which still requires extensive balloting at the end of it we’ve failed in what we should have been trying achieve. 

If you are the club though - and we can argue the rights and wrongs of this as a fan base, they’ll be looking at price elasticity with respect of demand. And a lot of the survey seemed to be teasing that out ‘would you pay more for xx’. If there’s an additional 15k general ballot tickets can we sell those at the existing pricing? A lot depends on what’s happening on the pitch.

But let’s wait and see, assume they’ll announce something close season as it gets towards planning.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

As long as you put us where we’re supposed to be I’ll be happy.

If the plans include any significant changes to the Leazes End, I wonder if the PL will force away fans to be moved to the lower tier?

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

If the plans include any significant changes to the Leazes End, I wonder if the PL will force away fans to be moved to the lower tier?

Create a level 8 above where they are and stick them there, give us 3,000 more season tickets where they currently are. 

Wondering if another tier or at least half tier of height could be added to the East Stand with a new glass roof - the additional bit could be primarily glass and used for corporate (boxes) and/or media freeing up that space elsewhere for additional seating, alongside the additional capacity we'd get from the new Gallowgate/Milburn corner and the extra tier on the Gallowgate. Might be able to get close to 65,000?