St James' Park

Delima

I prefer the detail and fake heraldic feel of the current one to the other two that I can remember, like. The circular one with the curvy lettering and the C along the bottom is fucking awful IMO :lol: prefer the one with the magpie in front of the castle and the plain lettering, but the current one is miles in advance of either I reckon. I wouldn't necessarily object to a change but I wouldn't go backwards. Nee idea what the seahorses are about mind :lol:

Edited by OpenC

30 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I prefer the detail and fake heraldic feel of the current one to the other two that I can remember, like. The circular one with the curvy lettering and the C along the bottom is fucking awful IMO :lol: prefer the one with the magpie in front of the castle and the plain lettering, but the current one is miles in advance of either I reckon. I wouldn't necessarily object to a change but I wouldn't go backwards. Nee idea what the seahorses are about mind :lol:

Believe they're a symbol of the city's historic connection to the sea, and they go centuries back.

In surprised people don't know why we have certain parts of our crest.

https://www.heraldry-wiki.com/heraldrywiki/wiki/Newcastle-upon-Tyne

We just adapted the city's coat of arms by the looks of it and added some nufc colours etc.

I like the regal like style of our crest and think it's one of the better ones.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a redesign for the club shirts possibly whilst still keeping the current crest for official stuff, like statements etc.

Weird, I know [emoji38]

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

The seahorses bring nothing to the party for me like :lol: absolutely bizarre choice to remind folk that the town has a connection to the sea

Not that bizarre when you consider what our city's main industries were.

Although I don't see a lump of coal on the crest either, and seahorses are a little, you know...

18 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Did any of our main industries have anything to do with seahorses?

Just a tie in to our sea faring history.

Suppose we could've had some ships,or guns. Old school shit in England is always weird like this with mythical beasts and shit [emoji38]

Aye, that's what I meant when I said it's a bizarre choice :lol:  something lurking in the sea that neebody ever claps eyes on.  Could follow it up with a sea cucumber or a lamprey :lol:

At least the mackems just went with a good old fashioned ship's hull as a note of their seafaring exploits

Edited by OpenC

I've never thought of them as seahorses in the traditional sense, always thought of them as being a symbolic 'workhorse of the sea' type thing, bit of a nod to the ship building. Thought it was obvious that they weren't there because we have any history with tiny floating seahorses.

The beautiful Coat of Arms of our great Regional Capital City, has been equally beautifully adapted to become the symbol of this great regions only truly significant Football Club . . . 

Newcastle_City_Crest_-_Coat_of_Arms.jpgNewcastle-United-FC-1988-Present(1).jpg

The Seahorses have always been part of the City Coat of Arms, and for that reason (our club represents us, our City and our Region) it is an important part of the NUFC Crest. They have been used in many ways to symbolise the history of our City and I would never want to see our club break any aspect of the links between the two (City and Club) in any way. For example, here are the Seahorses at the Civic Centre . . . 

seahorses_on_covic_centre.jpg

Would like to see all of the seats changed. Get them all in matt black, would look sexy as fuck. Maybe even with Gold "NUFC" along the east stand.

I'd also like to see the whole stadium have the same style roof, instead of going from see through to corrugated, or whatever the current roof is made of.

It's simple stuff like this which will brighten the place up, rather than wholesale change.

Edited by STM

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

Not that bizarre when you consider what our city's main industries were.

Although I don't see a lump of coal on the crest either, and seahorses are a little, you know, :hom:

Can we get rid of that smiley?

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm no advocate for changing the badge, btw, just think it's probably bound to happen at some point over the next 5-10 years. 

I have a lot of faith in our new owners, for a lot of things.

One of the attributes that I believe they possess is "taste", so for that reason I do not believe they will want to change our beautiful and historically significant club crest.

3 hours ago, NE27 said:

Just a tie in to our sea faring history.

Suppose we could've had some ships,or guns. Old school shit in England is always weird like this with mythical beasts and shit [emoji38]

We may as well have a couple of cows that the freemen are supposedly allowed to let loose in the ground should they choose

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I've never thought of them as seahorses in the traditional sense, always thought of them as being a symbolic 'workhorse of the sea' type thing, bit of a nod to the ship building. Thought it was obvious that they weren't there because we have any history with tiny floating seahorses.

That's the point though, they're just useless little floating things and not in any sense, actual or figurative, a workhorse of the sea :lol: