St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, madras said:

Is the font a regular topic of conversation in the pub with your mates pre match ?

A regular topic of conversation? :lol: No, but it doesn't need to be that to be relevant. I know people who want it changed outside of this forum, aye. Not that I think my lived experience is 100% representative or that the real people on this forum are less relevant anyway like.

Its probably not spoken about by the majority of the fanbase because there are a million and one other things going on around the club at the moment, but I bet you the vast majority weren't happy when it was changed. If you reminded most fans about it and asked if they'd like it changed to something a bit more professional looking it'd be interesting to see the response. 

Its also about what it links back to, its was part of Ashley's Sports Direct rebranding of St James' Park and for some fans its a constant reminder of that. Lets remind ourselves of the change:

Spoiler

2fd4f15d-6ff1-4ac6-ad04-dab7c07598ee.jpg

0_GettyImages-1318996507.jpg

It could easily be changed either back to the original or to something new. Some of you on here are behaving like people want the East Stand demolished along with it. People are asking for a small change, that's it. 

Edited by Decky

16 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If it’s not talked about at the pub every weekend then it’s not a real issue 

Never ever heard it talked about in the pub, never mind every weekend.

And let's be honest here. It's hardly a real issue is it? It's some writing on a stand. A stand that's been earmarked for heavy modification anyway in the future.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Never ever heard it talked about in the pub, never mind every weekend.

And let's be honest here. It's hardly a real issue is it? It's some writing on a stand. A stand that's been earmarked for heavy modification anyway in the future.

Its not something thats up there with getting sponsorship deals to help our financial fair play position, increasing the capacity of SJP or building a new training ground, but not everything has to be. During the first 18 months subtle changes were being made here there and everywhere from repainting the concourses, changing Nine Bar back to Shearer's etc, this could be put into that bracket. People arent writing petitions or protesting outside SJP about it either, we're just making comments on a message board saying we'd like to see it changed. 

1 minute ago, RS said:

It’s not like anyone needs a fuck off sign to remind you who plays there. Like having a tattoo with your own name on. 

They should get rid of the Howay the Lads in the tunnel as well, like anyone needs to be told to howay. 

Don’t get me started on This is Anfield :lol:

I find the font/typeface less important than the state of the two club crests either side of the main entrance on Barrack Road like.

The one on on the right is all washed out and looks like a cheap Dhgate copy of the other.

#crestgate [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, patrone said:

I find the font/typeface less important than the state of the two club crests either side of the main entrance on Barrack Road like.

The one on on the right is all washed out and looks like a cheap Dhgate copy of the other.

#crestgate [emoji38]

Can’t work out why one has been made out of toilet paper. 

46 minutes ago, jack j said:

Any chance we can remove that gate from the wall whilst we're on

Just plain fucking daft

Put it back in John Halls back garden

Aye - always annoys the life out of me that. Looks awful.

Nowt wrong with the gate.

If you run at it hard enough you will get to leazes level 4 ¾.

But seriously, why the fuck did we bother getting them gates restored to have them bolted to a wall ffs!? But build up some pillars and have them stand proud somewhere.

9 hours ago, NE27 said:

Nowt wrong with the gate.

If you run at it hard enough you will get to leazes level 4 ¾.

But seriously, why the fuck did we bother getting them gates restored to have them bolted to a wall ffs!? But build up some pillars and have them stand proud somewhere.

Having the gates or a barrier in place at the back of the Gallowgate may cause a choke point and create a potential crush?

Agree tho, it would be nice to have them somewhere or where they they can function and maintain the history of SJP. 

4 hours ago, NG32 said:

Having the gates or a barrier in place at the back of the Gallowgate may cause a choke point and create a potential crush?

Agree tho, it would be nice to have them somewhere or where they they can function and maintain the history of SJP. 

Yeah suppose that's a possibility.

Thought Middlesbrough had done something similar from Ayresome park but I might be getting confused.