St James' Park

Delima

Something like that. Did suggest an Olympic gallery at the old Wembley type scenario where its like a small extra tier literally hanging from the pre-existing roof.

Were not after a lot I feel from the East Stand, couple extra thou. Couple extra rows like the extension at the San Paulo pre Italia 90.  Since we'll be doing it up anyway at some point.

Edited by Wolfcastle

"When you look around you just see the stadium at every turn, that's such a powerful thing. I wouldn't want to change that at all. If we can improve and enhance the matchday experience for supporters we'll try and do that in every way that we can, but for me it's our home."

Eddie absolutely gets it. 

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

"When you look around you just see the stadium at every turn, that's such a powerful thing. I wouldn't want to change that at all. If we can improve and enhance the matchday experience for supporters we'll try and do that in every way that we can, but for me it's our home."

Eddie absolutely gets it. 

Definitely sounds like there is a party line on this. Very happy to hear it.

It would be great if they could tie in announcement of stadium naming rights with detailed plans about how they’re going to develop St Jame’s. 

I think if they said it’s being called Aramco @ St James from 2023 and we are spending 200 million on the stadium to increase capacity it would really get everyone on board.

Just rename PIF to SJP and we're golden.

Otherwise, leave it alone. 

I've heard 38 million Saudis desperately want to subscribe to the NUFC Channel for £10 a year, so no need to look elsewhere for funding.

If the money is right and it helps push the club onto the next level I honestly couldn't care less what they call it.

The supporters will always call it St James' Park anyway.

German clubs like Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt have thier stadiums sponsored and the fans haven't batted an eyelid and German fans are against things like this. They just still call their stadiums by their traditional name.

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Don’t want the name change . I didn’t want it under Ashley so I’m not gonna be a hypocrite. I understand the money but keep it I say .

Not wanting it under Ashley but accepting it under this regime wouldn't make you a hypocrite.

Two completely different circumstances 

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Not wanting it under Ashley but accepting it under this regime wouldn't make you a hypocrite.

Two completely different circumstances 

Exactly.

Name change under Ashley = zero benefit to the club.

Name change under PIF = 10s of £millions every season to be invested back into the club.

Those scenarios aren't up for comparison.

Like it of not football, especially Premier League football is big business these days and clubs need to maximise every possible stream of revenue to give themselves the best chance of competing. PIF couldn't bankroll the club themselves even if they wanted to so this is the road we must go down.

We need to close the gap on "the big 6" commercially and this is a good way of doing that.

As I said all the fans will still call it St James' Park anyway and actually when I think about it, myself and just about everyone else I know don't even refer to it as that. We just call it "the ground". As in I'll meet you outside the ground after the match.

Oh fucking great let's not compete with our rivals,no change at any cost.

Fucking dinosaurs. 

Spurs can rename their staduim for anything upto 1Billion so if its the Apple st james Park staduim it's no big deal ffs...also if we had to build a new stadium preferably in the city boundary it not going to be called SJP is it!! you've got to move with the times.

Edited by Nun tumblers

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

If you're thinking we're getting anywhere near 200m for it, it won't just be us that's left disappointed.

I didn’t mean 200 million sponsorship for clarification, though if you look at what Spurs might be getting from google is it that outrageous ?

I meant they’d announce they’re spending 200 million on making the stadium 65k capacity, that figure may also be wildly optimistic aswell due to complications of extending the Gallowgate and todays prices shooting up for materials.

Edited by Whitley mag

If you honestly think the money that a name change would bring in would be worth it, you either need to look at the amounts brought in elsewhere, or you value the St James' Park name very cheaply. It doesn't take a dinosaur to know that. 

At nun, not WM.

Edited by Kid Icarus