St James' Park

Delima

Just now, Sima said:

Spend a fortune and build an unreal experience like SoFi, imo.

When I did a tour there last month it's head and shoulders above anything I've seen before.

Yeah something iconic that would eclipse anything else in the country would sharp have people forgetting about St James.

37 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I really think you lose so much when you lose a stadium. Going to the Ethiad/Emirates/London St makes me sad when I think about what's tied up in their predecessors, nevermind what it'd be like losing SJP.

I never missed going to Maine Road, it has to be said.

Highbury was lovely, mind.  But Arsenal’s new ground actually has an atmosphere. 

Don’t think West Ham’s move to the Taxpayer Stadium is a useful reference point. 

3 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Also the Reuben’s didn’t get involved just to turn up to a few games.. land development is their thing so if SJP were to be eventually knocked down.. they would have first option as bringing something totally new to that area.

No they won’t. NUFC own the stadium, but the Freeman of the city own the land and lease it to NUFC with the condition that it has to be used for sporting and/or leisure activities for the people of Newcastle.

If we do a land swap with Castle Leazes, then where SJP is will be turned into an extension of Leazes Park, with potentially a permanent multi purpose fan zone, and/or an amphitheatre like structure.

If we move away from the area altogether (say the Arena site) then the Freeman of the city will take back control of the site.

1 hour ago, Cookie1892 said:

i would love one with a bit of character like the Atlanta stadium

and with darren eales around im hoping thats what it will end up being

h6g2gkubmgdrjf2sexh1.webp

mb-stadium-finished.webp

Stadium_60.0.webp

The majority of the stadium was already designed and going ahead before Eales went there. I think the only thing he had a say in was the blinds that cut off the top tiers, however they are rarely used for Atlanta games now.

33 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I never made it to White Hart Lane but the Spurs stadium is incredible now. 

West Ham obviously terrible but they just saw the opportunity for a free ground.

The free ground Spurs were also after, didn’t they go to court over it?

How poor we were during that PSR deadline day has made my mind up that we have to leave SJP behind and build a new stadium. We have to avoid selling our best players to rivals in oreder to generate revenue. Having a stadium that generates income is one of the way to get the club to compete financially with others and I don't see a minor expansion to SJP can do that.

Leazes Park or Castle Leazes are just about acceptable locations to replace the current site for me. Hopefully, who our owners are, and even with people.like Eales from his Atlanta days, we'll not get a typical modern stadium but get something really, really top class that the we have not seen yet on our shores. Better than even Spurs' hopefully.

9 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

How poor we were during that PSR deadline day has made my mind up that we have to leave SJP behind and build a new stadium. We have to avoid selling our best players to rivals in oreder to generate revenue. Having a stadium that generates income is one of the way to get the club to compete financially with others and I don't see a minor expansion to SJP can do that.

Leazes Park or Castle Leazes are just about acceptable locations to replace the current site for me. Hopefully, who our owners are, and even with people.like Eales from his Atlanta days, we'll not get a typical modern stadium but get something really, really top class that the we have not seen yet on our shores. Better than even Spurs' hopefully.

Which best players have we sold to which rivals?

Said it the other day. Walking around SJP on a non-matchday you realise just how grotty & dated it is. And that's just the exterior.

As people have already said, it's the location that makes the home of NUFC special. Building a new stadium 200 yards north of the current location is not going to make that location any less special. In fact, incorporate the new stadium into a new-look Leazes park and the new location could look incredible if done right.

It's time to make the move. If the Saudis put that move to Leazes Park on the table, and the fanbase somehow reject it, then they wont be here for the long term.