St James' Park

Delima

Do you have cows, LFEE[/member] ?

I don’t but if I do I could let them graze on the land. Sadly the livestock does get attacked quite often unfortunately. Some sick people out there unfortunately.

Bet lots of drunk people try to do cow tipping.

All the cows die is there more chance of getting planning permission?

Like I’ve said numerous times on here at the time of asking The Freeman were all for the SJH plans using the Leazes Park etc as we could see the benefits and the facelift it would’ve brought to the City.

Doubt they’d think differently as long as capacity of stadium was bigger as NUFC pay us rent for SJP. (Not sure if you aware that a NUFC are one of the few big clubs that doesn’t own the land the ground is built on. It’s a long term leasehold). The history of the likely new owners might be a stumbling block possibly.

That's interesting. I always thought the club paid rent to the city council? And leased the land directly from them?

It’s Freeman land not Council land. The club pay us rent. Whether it goes to Council for them to pass straight to us I couldn’t argue either way as not 100% but I’m pretty sure it comes direct. Along with the Hopping’s it’s one of the two main incomes for the Freeman which is spent maintaining our land, properties and various charitable stuff.

Thanks.

Do you have cows, LFEE[/member] ?

I don’t but if I do I could let them graze on the land. Sadly the livestock does get attacked quite often unfortunately. Some sick people out there unfortunately.

Bet lots of drunk people try to do cow tipping.

All the cows die is there more chance of getting planning permission?

:mike: :mike: :mike:

LFEE[/member] cheers for the explanation - did not know it was in fact land owned by the Freeman - so in essence, the SJH plan was to build the stadium and inject some money into your land and likely would include paying a higher rent too.

LFEE[/member] cheers for the explanation - did not know it was in fact land owned by the Freeman - so in essence, the SJH plan was to build the stadium and inject some money into your land and likely would include paying a higher rent too.

Yes. For obvious reasons can’t go in to it in depth but basically the better the club did the better for The Freeman. Shame it didn’t go ahead. More so for the club.

Bored, I knocked this up as a possibility. No green space lost, extra car park for around 80 vehicles.

St-James-Possible.jpg

Can just picture some geese making their way through the turnstyles.

:lol: lovely work.

If we build the whole Stadium from the scratch I am sure we can do a better design than this one. A futuristic one.

This is the dogs bollocks

Lots of chat on Twitter about where a standing section should go...

My view is if away fans are moving the standing section should go next to them. If that’s the case, there should be a standing section in the Leazes, behind the goal. Away fans in Leazes L4 corner.

No way should away fans go anywhere else imo.

I’m sure everyone prefers them up in L7 but I think we have to move them closer to the pitch soon 😔

Saying that, the baiting between the away fans and old L7 singing section was great fun back in the day. A shame that Ashley moved it because we sang nasty songs about him :rolleyes:

I’m sure everyone prefers them up in L7 but I think we have to move them closer to the pitch soon 😔

Saying that, the baiting between the away fans and old L7 singing section was great fun back in the day. A shame that Ashley moved it because we sang nasty songs about him :rolleyes:

Used to fucking love it up there, especially in the Championship and first season back up (6-0,5-1,4-4). Some of my happy memories from the past 13 miserable years were spent up there. Absolutely class.

We have been given permission to keep them up there indefinitely.

To be honesty it’s a silly rule in anyway. Having away fans next to the pitch adds nothing to the viewing of the game.

I could understand if you’re at the Nou Camp and you are half a mile in the sky.

Level 7 seats are arguably a better view in anyway.

It would be a bit rich if we were prevented from having away fans in level 7, yet West Ham are allowed to have all of their fans on the opposite side of the M25 from the pitch.

Did you know that in one of Spurs new stands, the fans at the 1st row are where the centre circle used to be, and the fans at the back of the stand are where the back of their old stand was?

We have been given permission to keep them up there indefinitely.

To be honesty it’s a silly rule in anyway. Having away fans next to the pitch adds nothing to the viewing of the game.

I could understand if you’re at the Nou Camp and you are half a mile in the sky.

Level 7 seats are arguably a better view in anyway.

It would be a bit rich if we were prevented from having away fans in level 7, yet West Ham are allowed to have all of their fans on the opposite side of the M25 from the pitch.

Did you know that in one of Spurs new stands, the fans at the 1st row are where the centre circle used to be, and the fans at the back of the stand are where the back of their old stand was?

Wrong, having away fans at pitch level add's so much to the atmosphere.

Correct. Which was the thinking behind ruling along with the away fans being in camera line more often to improve the TV spectacle.

Guest chopey

When I was on holiday last year we met a family from London and got on really well with them, the dad was something to do with the Spurs supporters trust ad he said they complained every year about away fans in level 7 and the FA agreed with them but the Newcastle police wouldn't let them be moved

When I was on holiday last year we met a family from London and got on really well with them, the dad was something to do with the Spurs supporters trust ad he said they complained every year about away fans in level 7 and the FA agreed with them but the Newcastle police wouldn't let them be moved

I was gutted when we got moved from up there and would move back there in a heartbeat!

Being in a shit position is part of the charm of being an away fan, surely. At Crystal Palace you can't even see half the pitch.

This and Goodison the worst grounds for a view I think. Spent 90 minutes behind a pole at both.

Palace's little area outside, a bit like a terrace - is very decent though. Also, despite the view I much prefer them sort of grounds to the likes of Wigan/Bolton etc. Bit of a throwback.

Being in a shit position is part of the charm of being an away fan, surely. At Crystal Palace you can't even see half the pitch.

My view back in our Sep 18 game with them  :lol: :lol: :lol: They've got permission to remove the TV gantry to move to the new stand when it's built, so that should help a little at least.

95464126_227519311845658_5496965832825110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_eui2=AeEsBsTCRVo1a9PytXoXAENGTURwLcB2fsRNRHAtwHZ-xNo-03RHC3pNMsh7QUBZFq0&_nc_oc=AQltTG8sShjYKzAplWTq3xuS-a9iQ75Aj4S7x2cVAi3LnOMjxjuKpEIeftjzbJb_tWKujH2SdlnufxZDXfoWERnE&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=7fc8b95ee3d9c173a000a556f52ca78f&oe=5ED111DB