St James' Park

Delima

The British Isles are a group of islands in the North Atlantic Ocean off the north-western coast of continental Europe, consisting of the islands of Great Britain, Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Inner and Outer Hebrides, the Northern Isles and over six thousand smaller islands.[8] They have a total area of 315,159 km2 (121,684 sq mi)[5] and a combined population of almost 72 million, and include two sovereign states, the Republic of Ireland (which covers roughly five-sixths of Ireland),[9] and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The Channel Islands, off the north coast of France, are sometimes taken to be part of the British Isles,[10] even though they do not form part of the archipelago.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

19 minutes ago, loki679 said:

You share that article but didn’t read this bit?

In Ireland, the term "British Isles" is controversial,[8][17] and there are objections to its usage.[18]The Government of Ireland does not officially recognise the term,[19] and its embassy in London discourages its use.[20] Britain and Ireland is used as an alternative description,[18][21][22] and Atlantic Archipelago has also seen limited use in academia.[23][24][25][26]

I’m sure the Brits marked many parts of the world with the stamp of colonialism, but things change. If we started calling it the Irish Isles are all the English now Irish? Maybe it’ll happen after Brexit. :D

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

I’m sure the Brits marked many parts of the world with the stamp of colonialism, but things change. If we started calling it the Irish Isles are all the English now Irish? Maybe it’ll happen after Brexit. :D

The earliest known references to the islands as a group appeared in the writings of seafarers from the ancient Greek colony of Massalia.[27][28] The original records have been lost; however, later writings, e.g. Avienius's Ora maritima, that quoted from the Massaliote Periplus (6th century BC) and from Pytheas's On the Ocean (around 325–320 BC)[29] have survived.  In the 1st century BC, Diodorus Siculus has Prettanikē nēsos,[30] "the British Island", and Prettanoi,[31] "the Britons".[28] Strabo used Βρεττανική (Brettanike),[32][33][34] and Marcian of Heraclea, in his Periplus maris exteri, used αἱ Πρεττανικαί νῆσοι (the Prettanic Isles) to refer to the islands.

Don't bring your petty modern squabbles into age old geographical etymology.

21 minutes ago, GWN said:

Any thoughts on the decor inside the ground from anyone there yesterday lads? The new stuff, any good?

Ir's good. Clean. loads lighter but same shit tvs in the Gallowgate.

37 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

If there was one local brewery y’all would love to have, let’s say, at like one, two, three, spots inside SJP, what would it be?  

Wylam is the obvious choice because they're the only ones who could probably handle the demand.

Full circle have a decent sized operation also.

S43 for me though personally. Loved nearly every beer I've had from them.

Edit: whilst I know we are talking perfect world here, the likelihood of us getting some form of craft other than maybe some cans in the fridge is slim to none like. I'm gonna make a massive assumption and say the general match going fan probably just wants a cold pint of wet and fizzy.

Edited by NE27

23 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Wylam is the obvious choice because they're the only ones who could probably handle the demand.

Full circle have a decent sized operation also.

S43 for me though personally. Loved nearly every beer I've had from them.

Edit: whilst I know we are talking perfect world here, the likelihood of us getting some form of craft other than maybe some cans in the fridge is slim to none like. I'm gonna make a massive assumption and say the general match going fan probably just wants a cold pint of wet and fizzy.

Even if they had some cans/bottles from local operations it would be a start.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Cba with the queues at HT like. Had one on Friday night before the game because we were there early for the nephew but queuing ages just to neck a bottle of crap expensive beer in minutes isn't for me anymore. :lol:

Never bothered with a half timer in the gallowgate due to the queues but barely have to wait in level 7 family bit.