St James' Park

Delima

10 hours ago, Ben said:

I thought they loved holding magic weekend in Newcastle?

They do, it’s more a case of scrapping magic weekend altogether, as opposed to taking it elsewhere. 

competition restructure means it might not fit the league schedule any more. 

9 minutes ago, NWMag said:

They do, it’s more a case of scrapping magic weekend altogether, as opposed to taking it elsewhere. 

competition restructure means it might not fit the league schedule any more. 

Taking the final abroad, aren’t they?

15 hours ago, Ash2579 said:

I disagree. I reckon we should be aiming for the 70k mark. The demand is huge now, and as we grow further, this will be need on account of our global appeal.

I disagree. We should be aiming for 140000-to 145000 minimum 

14 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Not heard that mate, where to?

Don’t know. Possibly just a rumour I heard on the radio, I don’t think they have decided yet. It’s all to do with new financiers. They are supposedly wanting to change the name of the Super League as well, all because of the name now has a negative reaction after the top 6 in football tried to form the ESL.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Don’t know. Possibly just a rumour I heard on the radio, I don’t think they have decided yet. It’s all to do with new financiers. They are supposedly wanting to change the name of the Super League as well, all because of the name now has a negative reaction after the top 6 in football tried to form the ESL.

Interesting. They have recently partnered up with IMG (I think it’s them) and are making lots of changes to try and improve attendances/viewership etc

Isn't St James' meant to be a bit of a shitter for concerts due to it's irregular shape? 

Never been myself for a concert so not sure how they arrange it?

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Isn't St James' meant to be a bit of a shitter for concerts due to it's irregular shape? 

Never been myself for a concert so not sure how they arrange it?

Aye, SJP will never get used for big tours due to the lopsided-ness of it. 

You get around it a bit for one off gigs, as Fender is doing, by positioning the stage on the Strawberry corner.

On 11/05/2023 at 21:41, Sima said:

Seen it mentioned elsewhere (maybe on here?) that this is where the underground metro line runs so forms part of that land the station sits on.

Wasn’t there something about the land with the station underneath wouldn’t be able to take the weight of the stand in it’s current form?

12 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Aye, SJP will never get used for big tours due to the lopsided-ness of it. 

You get around it a bit for one off gigs, as Fender is doing, by positioning the stage on the Strawberry corner.

Ed Sheeran did three nights about 4 years ago . . . 

Ed Sheeran 3 concerts at St James' Park - June 2018 (3).jpg

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

The lopsidedness almost works better. It’s more like a big amphitheater than the usual stadium setup. Not sure about the sound though?

I was thinking exactly the same, the set up is almost perfect 

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We need to get more concerts at SJP. The fact that somebody like Beyoncé went to SoL over us is shocking. 

Didn't really bother me, it's not like she flew into Sunderland airport then went for a stroll through the grade 1 listed bridges. 

In fact I think it's quite funny that she had to breathe the sick putrid mackem air 

47 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

SJP never holding a concert again is on a par with SJP holding concerts regularly to me.

Coventry and Sunderland get them regularly. Good for them. Couldn't care less personally.

Purely depends on how much its worth.

Not sure of the economics of it but I don’t think concerts a particularly massive money spinner. Sunderland ditched them

for a few years because too much hassle for the meagre amount of revenue it generated.

Just had confirmation of the gallowgate club changes.

ST is now £7000 with a minimum of two ST purchases for that area.

Looks like I'm looking for a new seat [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Just had confirmation of the gallowgate club changes.

ST is now £7000 with a minimum of two ST purchases for that area.

Looks like I'm looking for a new seat [emoji38]

Jeez.... I hope they don't forget that we're based in the North East of England and not West London!

Edited by Wallsendmag