St James' Park

Delima

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Is is just Mackem myth or was Fender really not a fan until the takeover? I ask this as somebody who doesn’t have a clue about him. 

He’s a Newcastle fan, will watch games when he can but he’s not obsessive about football. Music is his obsession. And Star Wars. 

The makems have taken issue that he’s not a die hard supporter who goes home & away. 

And they also claim North Shields isn’t Newcastle so he’s latched onto a club that isn’t his local one. 

Daft cunts. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Get Springsteen booked for SJP. Would be amazing. 

Terrible place to put a gig on unfortunately, access is bad, can’t park the trucks anywhere. Production costs much higher than other venues.

37 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Terrible place to put a gig on unfortunately, access is bad, can’t park the trucks anywhere. Production costs much higher than other venues.

Not sure if serious.

3 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Strange take

8 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Haha as if they say a lad from shields supporting Newcastle isn’t supporting his local club. Fucking melons. 

Aye, pisses me off. One of my mackem mates says this, yet he’s Washington born & bred and supports them. It’s a fucking similar distance from his to the SOL as it is for me to SJP.

Honestly man, they say people from Gateshead or Byker are not from Newcastle, even saying the airport isn’t in Newcastle, yet expect everyone in Spennymoor to be a season ticket holder for them. Fucking hell man lads, Spennymoor is closer to Barnard Castle than it is to Sunderland.

8 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Haha as if they say a lad from shields supporting Newcastle isn’t supporting his local club. Fucking melons. 

Oh no I'm from Shields as well. These mackems telling me I should have been supporting the Robins instead of the Magpies for the last 40 odd years. Aye aleet!

7 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

Oh no I'm from Shields as well. These mackems telling me I should have been supporting the Robins instead of the Magpies for the last 40 odd years. Aye aleet!

And they should support South Shields, Hebburn Town ,Jarrow etc ?

They try and use every excuse to try and justify not getting the crowds we do. There is only 14 miles between the two clubs and yet you still get the daft fuckers spouting shite like this:

Newcastle have a huge catchment area from Berwick to North Yorkshire and west to Carlisle. 
We are right in the middle of it .

21 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Is is just Mackem myth or was Fender really not a fan until the takeover? I ask this as somebody who doesn’t have a clue about him. 

A complete and utter myth.

His Uncle was a Skunkers regular who I used to drink with before the match, and the whole family were NUFC daft.

They tell themselves these things as some sort of coping mechanism.

This is going to be controversial, but the thing is, Sunderland isn’t really, and should never have been classed as a city or large town that has it’s own council etc.

Sunderland in reality is the same to Durham as what South Shields is to Newcastle. A large town down stream from the river that makes up the conurbation area.

I don’t know where it went wrong and where it got separated, but Durham was the major and authoritative area of Wearside. It should have been Durham who had the professional football team, and Durham should have always maintained the authority of the area and the catchment area should have stayed as being centred around Durham.

Now you have a town sized area trying to make up its own population centre and being its own city etc. It’s a bit like if South Shields started taking the likes of Jarrow and Hebburn, and calling them South Shields suburbs.

This is why Sunderland struggles to keep a large attachments area. Places like Washington are equally as close to Tyneside as they are to Sunderland, Boldon etc are Tyneside but house Sunderland’s dog racing track, golfing range, and their BMW car shop.

You have places Spennymoor which they try to claim as their own, which is closer to Durham & Darlington. Rainton, which is Sunderland council controlled is pretty much a part of Chester-Le-Street, which is Durham, and that alongside places like Hetton and Houghton actually all have Durham postcodes.

Durham should have been the kept as the major city of Wearside, and if it was then maybe in every way possible, it would have been a big rival to Newcastle for being the dominant city and de facto capitol of the North East.

46 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They try and use every excuse to try and justify not getting the crowds we do. There is only 14 miles between the two clubs and yet you still get the daft fuckers spouting shite like this:

Newcastle have a huge catchment area from Berwick to North Yorkshire and west to Carlisle. 
We are right in the middle of it .

There must be about 14 people live between Berwick and Carlisle 

Sunderland isn’t a “real” city. The queen gifted them that status in 1992, her quote at the time : “I hereby give this disgusting little backwater city status, to

soften the blow of nufc emerging as a dominant force in football again, oh and Andrew, leave that schoolgirl alone” 

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

It’s an informed take.

I was there on Friday and I thought it was a great venue, the two taller stands create an amphitheatre style and as for lack of parking for trucks, that's just not true. 

57 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

A complete and utter myth.

His Uncle was a Skunkers regular who I used to drink with before the match, and the whole family were NUFC daft.

They tell themselves these things as some sort of coping mechanism.

How is Winchester mag thesedays. Assume still traumatised after the whole toonlass shambles travel carry on

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

I was there on Friday and I thought it was a great venue, the two taller stands create an amphitheatre style and as for lack of parking for trucks, that's just not true. 

I didn’t mention shape of the stands [emoji38]

You can choose to believe whatever you like. SJP is a pain to put a gig on for various reasons which amount to further costs when compared to other similar venues, which is why it rarely happens.

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

We should knock down leazes terrace OR move it brick by brick so we can find space for more parking trucks. Only then can we get Springsteen or JayZs boiler