St James' Park

Delima

14 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

i have a love hate relationship with that place

love the size of it, the amount of screens, the waitresses etc

hate how long it takes to get served and the amount of plebs who just dont move from the bar, also think it could be laid out in such a better way

It's OK. Lots of other places I'd go ahead of there on a matchday. Agree that the lay out could be much better given the amount of space they have to work with.

3 hours ago, enthusiast said:

Yeah, that's entirely my point: hope it's nice for the people that end up going there, but can't for a second see the point when you've pretty much the entire city centre right there.

Surely this is more family orientated though? Not all pubs in the city centre are suitable for kids 

14 minutes ago, RobS said:

Random one, my mates fucking massive - wanting to go to a game if possible but theirs zero chance he will fit through a turnstile, what do they do for folk that literally can't fit?

They would open the disabled access gate. Just see a steward outside the ground. 

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/features/the-story-so-far-international-football-at-st-james-park/

Interesting little history of internationals at SJP. A couple of stars that have played there I didn't know - Neymar and Megan Rapinoe. Then there's Zidane and Stoichkov that I did know.

Honestly thought we were signing Stoichkov after that game - Well KK did his best job on convincing me he was during comms

Or was it the Romania game? He scored a belter in one 

Edited by Mikky

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Honestly thought we were signing Stoichkov after that game - Well KK did his best job on convincing me he was during comms

Or was it the Romania game? He scored a belter in one 

Was Romania, I was at that game.

2 hours ago, Izakaya said:

I was at the Romania v Bulgaria euro 96 match but I'm convinced it was Gheorge Hagi who scored in the 3rd min in a 1-0 win. 

Nope defo Wor Hristo in a Bulgaria win (1-0)

Remember he had 1 disallowed vs France off the inside of the bar ….??

Given both Bulgaria and Romanias exploits in USA 94 - this turned out to be a group that was dull - didn’t help that both France and Spain were boring as anything 

9 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/features/the-story-so-far-international-football-at-st-james-park/

Interesting little history of internationals at SJP. A couple of stars that have played there I didn't know - Neymar and Megan Rapinoe. Then there's Zidane and Stoichkov that I did know.

I remember that time Neymar played, seems like yesterday. Didn't he put a picture online of him at the Hilton looking out at the quayside too?

Edit: Found it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/NtU_Abxtjs/

Edited by Decky

On 08/09/2023 at 00:13, RobS said:

Random one, my mates fucking massive - wanting to go to a game if possible but theirs zero chance he will fit through a turnstile, what do they do for folk that literally can't fit?

They'll open the side door. 

On 08/09/2023 at 00:13, RobS said:

How will he fit in his seat?