St James' Park

Delima

If I was Pardew, I'd be absolutely foaming about this.

I imagine he will be, but what can he do? He's gotta tread a very fine line here and once again they've dumped him right into a shitstorm he doesn't deserve to be surrounded by.

Agreed  :thup:

I'm no fan of the cunt but he doesn't deserve this shite.

just got in and seen this?  What man?  Fuck off.  It'll always be St. James' Park.  That fat fucking cunt can just fuck off.  He must be trying to anger the fans on purpose now.  3rd in the League, we've warmed to his last managerial appointment at which we were first disgruntled by then he decides to be an absolute cock end again.  Does he tug his penis which he probably can't see over his enormous gut every time we sing songs against him?  I swear down he gets off on the negativity.

Those using man utd as a club that don't have a stadium name

They get more for their training gear than we do for our strip

Perspective

It's deluded. We haven't got the history and prestige Liverpool and Man Utd have. Let's moan about tradition when we've got a few European cups and 19 league titles under our belt.

Where's the furious anger about the Leazes and Gallowgate renaming? Just griping about nothing.

A massive banner needs to be made for the Chelsea game stating this is St James' Park and forever it shall be.

Won't be allowed in, remember.

Colour co-ordinated t-shirts then.

Like I said earlier, co-ordinated cards held aloft across the stands spelling out St James' Park.

Guest bimpy474

another sad example of the way football is going and this isn't even a Mike Ashley thing, NUFC may be the first to do this but you can bet it won't be the last

Bet you it will.

Tottenham have already been looking into this, as that Times article alluded to, my boss is a Spurs fan and they think its coming.

Chelsea have got a deal lined up for next year too haven't they?

They have because owners aren't allowed to sink money in anymore come the new fair play rules, its why Man.City get £400m a year for their stadium, thats cheating to me but, not sure of the figures but you have to generate a certain percentage of turnover to cover wages/cost etc.

The claim that it's in order to attract interest in someone else buying the naming rights is shite of the highest order,naming rights aren't a difficult concept to grasp and don't have to be demonstrated. He bought the club for advertising purposes and is merely following through with the original plan.

Awful,just bloody awful.

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I'm actually heartbroken here.

Howay man, get a grip FFS.

f*** off Otter you utter cretin.

You have absolutely no idea about passion and love for NUFC. If you can't understand him saying he's hearbroken then you really need to f*** off from 'supporting' NUFC.

Sorry lads...he's just wound me right up there.

I understand Sifu's emotions here, but Otter has every bit idea about passion and love for NUFC. I've been going to the games with him for 17 years and he currently travels up from Manchester for every home game. I appreciate he's wound you up, but be careful with what you say mate.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck it. I'd let Mike Ashley do me up the dirtbox if it meant an extra £20 in the transfer kitty.

Who we going to buy for £20 quid you cheap slut :D

Perspective

It's deluded. We haven't got the history and prestige Liverpool and Man Utd have. Let's moan about tradition when we've got a few European cups and 19 league titles under our belt.

We haven't got the history so let's strip the club of what history it does have?

another sad example of the way football is going and this isn't even a Mike Ashley thing, NUFC may be the first to do this but you can bet it won't be the last

Bet you it will.

Chelsea are openly looking for a sponsor for Stamford Bridge, Spurs when they redevelop White Hart Lane, I don't like it one bit but the only surprising thing to me is its taken this long considering how clubs are always looking to increase revenue and with Financial Fair Play coming quickly this sort of thing will be seen as an easy fix

Arsenal did it when the new stadium opened didn't the with The Emirates, and City already done it too right?

It'l be little things. The stadium announcer will blatantly say "Welcome to the Sports Direct Arena". On the tickets it will have sports direct arena. hopefully the world just ignore it again.

Fuck it. I'd let Mike Ashley do me up the dirtbox if it meant an extra £20 in the transfer kitty.

Someone to keep Xisco amused when he's back from loan, apparently.

A massive banner needs to be made for the Chelsea game stating this is St James' Park and forever it shall be.

Won't be allowed in, remember.

Colour co-ordinated t-shirts then.

Like I said earlier, co-ordinated cards held aloft across the stands spelling out St James' Park.

Maybe in a different country, mate. But not here. You can't even stand at a game here, let alone organise an unofficial display. Great idea though.

Hey, every little helps. If we're gonna prostitute ourselves we might as well do it properly.

Imagine this happening in German football? The reaction of the fans would be nothing but fierce protection to their ground and history. Even in Italy, Netherlands....but of course here nowt will be done. We'll moan on internet forums, spell words wrong on bedsheets and almost refuse to believe it. But, in saying that, the position us as fans now have in the football food-chain is somewhere right at the bottom, rotting away. Hence, we have no say or no control in whatever goes on.

I will always love Newcastle United, but I'm rapidly falling out of love with the way football is run (marketed) in this country at the highest level.

The majority of German stadiums are named after brands.  Was 14 out of 18 in the top division in 2007, not sure about now.

Perspective

Where's the furious anger about the Leazes and Gallowgate renaming? Just griping about nothing.

FWIW I would propose that Newcastle Brown Ale and Sir John Hall have slightly more relevence to the stadium and the city than Sports Direct.

Bet you it will.

Chelsea are openly looking for a sponsor for Stamford Bridge, Spurs when they redevelop White Hart Lane, I don't like it one bit but the only surprising thing to me is its taken this long considering how clubs are always looking to increase revenue and with Financial Fair Play coming quickly this sort of thing will be seen as an easy fix

Arsenal did it when the new stadium opened didn't the with The Emirates, and City already done it too right?

Do you not see the difference? :lol:

It's a bit like the difference between naming a newborn baby, and adopting a ten year old boy called Fred and changing his name to Alison.

The claim that it's in order to attract interest in someone else buying the naming rights is shite of the highest order,naming rights aren't a difficult concept to grasp and don't have to be demonstrated. He bought the club for advertising purposes and is merely following through with the original plan.

Awful,just bloody awful.

another explanation, he knows there will be an initial shit storm over this so renames this now takes said shit storm himself then said rights are sold new sponser doesn't get half the shit it would have otherwise