St James' Park

Delima

It's a cliche, but that's a fantastic post ohmelads. Our upturn in fortunes this season are brilliant if they help to expedite his sale of the club. It's not the start of a sustained or long-term period of success - not while he's here.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/379842_2387430697723_1609490782_32305157_1886412988_n.jpg

dear me :lol:

Escapes his carers with such skill. Fair play to the lad.

Starting to think that may be his real skin.

Me to :lol:

Socks tucked inside the tracksuit! :D

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387897_269746603070050_100001041368647_875003_1542768879_n.jpg

Guest Heneage

I just don't see who would want such advertising space on the back of peoples reactions to last night. You'd get better publicity advertising on a hearse.

www.cafepress.co.uk

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7808/kitbag3.jpg

And the Back:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8250/kitbag4.png

The best response to this would be as many of those inside SJP as possible the next home game. If some kind of publicity could get going for kitbag as a result of 'renaming' the stadium, then it would hurt Ashley more than anything else. I urge anyone who wanst to give a response to order this t-shirt which takes 2 mins to design.

TBH this is the downfall some sections of the press have been waiting for with us, and they're salivating at the prospect it'll derail our season. honestly just hope everyone ignores this shite idea and it falls flat on its face.

I hope all those who are saying this is worth it for the money it MIGHT bring in at some point in the future are also happy for everyone to raise their expectations accordingly and demand more money to be spent on better, more expensive players, keeping our best at the club and for us to compete higher up the league and/or for silverware on a regular basis. Because that's what Mr Llambias says is in return for selling 120 years of tradition. We need this 'to compete' he says - well we're doing alright at present competing for a European spot doing it on a shoestring budget, hoping to strike the jackpot on cheap players coming good like Tiote, Ba and Cabaye. More money and we can go for the title, right?

Somehow I think not, and the same people will be telling everyone else how lucky we are to have frugal Mike.

The signings we made this summer have already raised your expectations this season, Dave.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is setting fire to a famous history, writes Henry Winter

It is one of the great walks for a football obsessive. Out of Newcastle Central Station and past the Chronicle seller shouting “World Exclusive! New deal for Toon tea-lady”. Cross the road, and climb the hill through ginnels heaving with Newcastle United supporters drinking on pavements, debating affairs of Geordie state, like why doesn’t Fabio Capello come to the North East, how great is Fabricio Coloccini, and what the hell is Mike Ashley playing at?

On you go, avoiding the temptation to detour down that cobbled street with inviting Chinese restaurants and carry on, skirting the old city wall, and staring ruefully at the empty space where the Scottish and Newcastle brewery used to stand proud, pumping out semi-intoxicating gusts.

The torrent of fans quickens towards the stadium – all the lads and lasses, all those smiling faces, stopping off at Shearer’s or The Strawberry where the dress-code is black and white. Even in winter, the terrace is busy, short sleeves still in order.

On you go, past the fans holding copies of the Gallowgate parish news aka The Mag fanzine, finally stepping under the steel-girdered canopy of a stadium that dominates a city’s skyline and thoughts, home of a famous club for 119 years. Finally, you enter the … Sports Direct Arena. What?! The match-day journey to the stadium formerly known as St James’ Park has suddenly lost some of its charm.

Some of Newcastle's soul has been sold by Ashley’s sad decision to set fire to substantial pages of the club’s history book. One of the many joys of attending games at St James’ Park was that the place housed some of football’s better principles: a commitment to entertain a group of passionate fans. It’s about shared heritage, about pride in the club. Ashley threatens those traditions with his myopic approach to maximising income.

Like an overeager house-seller, Ashley is tarting up his property.

Some of his tactics are sensible, tackling wages, trimming the squad, and things seem to be going well. The team are third, albeit with the season’s assault course about to intensify, and Ashley’s controversial appointment of Alan Pardew has been vindicated.

All seemed well on the Tyne, so it is baffling to see Ashley risk the feelgood factor for £10 million a year. Tradition matters in football. An appreciation of a club’s history adds to its uniqueness, augmenting its value emotionally and financially. What has happened at Newcastle this week is disrespectful to fans, to those who make that voyage up the hill, who will always be the lifeblood of the club.

Ashley should have consulted with supporters rather than with “international branding experts’’, in the words of his managing director Derek Llambias. The timing of the announcement could be perceived as cynical, coming in international week with fans not due back at St James’ Park for a fortnight. By which time it will be the Sports Direct Arena. Cheap. Newcastle’s fans deserved better.

Well guys, maybe I am trying to look at the bigger picture here.

In previous windows, it would be appear that despite promises, money hasnt been made readily available due to the debt levels we were carrying.

I do believe there will be reasonable money spent in january and despite the general pessimism around here based on past experiences, and prob ably warranted too, I still believe that now we ared approaching a better financial stability within the club, he will spend and spend wwell within our financial policies.

Come back and question me again by the end of january, if you wish but I still think the club is in a position in the league now where he would be extremedly foolish not to take adv antage of it.

You know what? Fuck it. Who cares about that when there's absolutely 0% trust in the scum running the club. The very soul and character of our club is being snatched away from us for a few quid to fill Ashley's pocket wherever he can get it. What happens when they change the club's colours? The club's crest? The club's fucking name? "Oh, well - at least we're financially stable". Surely we've all learned by now that Mike Ashley IS that foolish and WON'T take advantage of our good start to the season. It's the same old broken record of lies, complete idiocy and broken promises.

Do you really think Ashely sits at his desk at the end of the week and write out blank checks from the club coffers?

Guest sicko2ndbest

If you missed the paper review on ssn you missed a cracker

Custis was on. So emotional about this, completely against it, reinforcing the extra finance will not be spent

The presenters said it was the most emotional paper review ever!