St James' Park

Delima

Why are people worrying their arses that the "Newcastle United" is being pulled down permanently?

Havent we already been told it is being replaced with IDENTICAL lettering?

The question/worry is will there be more SD shit plastered up next to it?

Why use logic and common sense when you can just complain about everything?

Why are people worrying their arses that the "Newcastle United" is being pulled down permanently?

The question/worry is will there be more SD s*** plastered up next to it?

And we've never been lied to by these owners before or out like that...

Best retort to any completely unforgivable branding (I know, I know, more unforgivable than trying to change the name of the ground and splashing his logo on the roof of the Gallowgate) would be guerilla tactics of having people scattered around the ground at random intervals unfurling banners over his hoardings reading "Sweatshop Direct.com" "JJB Sports" and "JD Sports". 

Calling him a Fat Cockney Bastard and telling him to fuck off is water off a duck's back, he cares far more about his brand than his personal popularity.

Interesting idea an do-able surely?

Would last about two seconds before the stewards are told to actual do something.

And while they're all busy doing that, out comes one somewhere else :troll:

Guest Randy Savage

Mackem in peace

My father in law is a mag and I was thinking of getting him a ticket to a game for one of the nicer areas of the ground (sic ;o) ) for Christmas. I'm not talking about full-on hospitality or owt; I was thinking a ticket to a fans bar sort of thing. Something like the Black Cats Bar or Sports Bar at the Stadium of Light.

Could anyone give me an idea of what sort of options there are at SJP and whether they are worth the money. I had a quick google search and I seemed to find the following options:

Sovereign Bar

Bar 1892

Black and White Bar

Platinum Club

Sports Bar

Any of the above decent? What are they exactly?

Much appreciated.

Mackem in peace

My father in law is a mag and I was thinking of getting him a ticket to a game for one of the nicer areas of the ground (sic ;o) ) for his birthday. I'm not talking about full-on hospitality or owt; I was thinking a ticket to a fans bar sort of thing. Something like the Black Cats Bar or Sports Bar at the Stadium of Light.

Could anyone give me an idea of what sort of options there are at SJP and whether they are worth the money. I had a quick google search and I seemed to find the following options:

Sovereign Bar

Bar 1892

Black and White Bar

Platinum Club

Sports Bar

Any of the above decent? What are they exactly?

Much appreciated.

If he's got a release clause he'll get a spot on the fucking bench.

Guest VaVaVoom

The question/worry is will there be more SD s*** plastered up next to it?

And we've never been lied to by these owners before or out like that...

@ Cubaricho...Seems to be the way with alot of fans now.

@ Ryan Taylor...Agreed. It is easy to be cynical what with everything thats went on but i think people jump on shit like this far too quickly.

Guest johnson293

Bar 1892 is behind is in the Leazes behind the goal. Rest are in the Milburn. Platinum and Sovereign you get some bait before the game IIRC too.

Bar 1892 is in the Milburn as well.

Bar 1892 is just in the Milburn. There is only one in the Sir John Hall stand/Leazes, and its just called 'The Sports bar'. (was there for the Fulham match)

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/9b/ed/0,,10278~9694619,00.gif

Club sponsored by owner - club receives money - owner sponsors cheaply to save money – therefore owner has more money – therefore club receives more sponsorship = infinite sponsorship money. Problem?

:troll:

Kind of yeah, isn't it now against income rules as technically owners could create £bn sponsorship deals in order for them to actually afford world class players, ala Man City?

I'm sure it's against UEFA's and the FA new rules.

Best retort to any completely unforgivable branding (I know, I know, more unforgivable than trying to change the name of the ground and splashing his logo on the roof of the Gallowgate) would be guerilla tactics of having people scattered around the ground at random intervals unfurling banners over his hoardings reading "Sweatshop Direct.com" "JJB Sports" and "JD Sports". 

Calling him a Fat Cockney b****** and telling him to f*** off is water off a duck's back, he cares far more about his brand than his personal popularity.

Get with the times idea thief, I suggested this shit about 5 pages ago. :huff:

Club sponsored by owner - club receives money - owner sponsors cheaply to save money – therefore owner has more money – therefore club receives more sponsorship = infinite sponsorship money. Problem?

Yeah I kind of thought that with the company's majority shareholder also owning the football club and in leui of any higher bidders that they may be offered preferable rates.

Revolutionary stuff. Whatever next !

Guest TheSummerOf69

isn't it now against income rules as technically owners could create £bn sponsorship deals in order for them to actually afford world class players, ala Man City?

I'm sure it's against UEFA's and the FA new rules.

Everything on the books sponsorship-wise will be judged for the new "fair play rules" and isn't allowed to be much higher than the going rate, so that the billionaire owners of Chelsea and Man City can't hide funding by paying over the odds for sponsorship.

Our billionaire owner is getting his sponsorship dirt cheap and obviously has no intention of putting any more money in than he has to, so that won't affect us one iota.

Stuff like the Man City sponsorship will be a massive challenge to Financial Fair Play, and I basically think it will render the whole thing pointless.

Unless they can ban sponsorship by companies related to the club owners (conflicts of interest, you could argue) how can they say what the fair market value of sponsorship is? Just like how companies move money around to avoid tax, they will use creative accounting to get enough money into the club to sustain their crazy spending. Who's to say that Man City's bins aren't worth £100m to a sponsor?

I wish FFP would curb the crazy spending in football, but I can see clubs like Man City making a mockery of it.

Guest Mucky01

From NUFCFansUtd: "The most recent accounts showed £47,000 from Sports Direct was paid to NUFC for the “sponsorship” arrangements."

that’ll probably be the cost of manufacturing and installation of all the SD.com tat.

in other words NUFC get nothing for being sponsored, whereas other clubs get millions.

I doubt that the benefits to Sports Direct are that massive, and the effect on their profits will be smaller still. It's good advertising for them of course, but it's just a small part of their promotional campaigns.

It's certainly not worth paying £200m for.

i think he's in the process of seeing that it is