St James' Park

Delima

I remember the Kurt Angle music for the half time walkout a few years ago, now that was epic.

It was at the time when we were particularly s*** as well, and nobody wanted to join in with the 'You Suck' chants.  Miserable bastards!

haha i remember that, god it was awful.

Best retort to any completely unforgivable branding (I know, I know, more unforgivable than trying to change the name of the ground and splashing his logo on the roof of the Gallowgate) would be guerilla tactics of having people scattered around the ground at random intervals unfurling banners over his hoardings reading "Sweatshop Direct.com" "JJB Sports" and "JD Sports".  

Calling him a Fat Cockney Bastard and telling him to fuck off is water off a duck's back, he cares far more about his brand than his personal popularity.

Don't think we've ever played music after a goal, mind.

We definitely did. Probably around 10 years or more ago now and maybe only for a match or two but it did happen.

Nah!! I cannot remember that mind, very small time playing music after a goal and am sure we've never done it.

We played music after goals when Ruud was manager. It was his idea, thought it would raise the atmosphere! Didn't last long - it's the only time I have told my mates I was finished with them if they kept it going, and actually meant it! Hate it - mackems, Bolton, Wigan, smoggies etc. - all small time clubs!! 

We definitely did. Probably around 10 years or more ago now and maybe only for a match or two but it did happen.

Nah!! I cannot remember that mind, very small time playing music after a goal and am sure we've never done it.

We definitely did mate - start of the 99-00 season - 3-3 Wimbledon match iirc!

Music after goals, now that's an idea.

'Sportsdirect.com, UK's number 1'

:yikes: FFS, don't give him any ideas.

Might give him an incentive he cares about to buy a striker though.

Play it after oppositon goals as well, sell Colo, Tiote and Wiliamson.  Profit.

I cannpt remember that mind, but i sat in the Milburn Stand at the time which had had it's roof removed as part of the building work for the extension and perhaps didn't have decent speakers??

Guest johnson293

:sadnod:

Aye it's painted for sure.

http://i54.tinypic.com/23rjnzr.jpg

That picture pisses me off a lot more than I thought it would.

It's horrible, doesn't get any tackier than sports direct. Bright red and blue ffs.

Best retort to any completely unforgivable branding (I know, I know, more unforgivable than trying to change the name of the ground and splashing his logo on the roof of the Gallowgate) would be guerilla tactics of having people scattered around the ground at random intervals unfurling banners over his hoardings reading "Sweatshop Direct.com" "JJB Sports" and "JD Sports". 

Calling him a Fat Cockney Bastard and telling him to fuck off is water off a duck's back, he cares far more about his brand than his personal popularity.

Interesting idea an do-able surely?

Personally I think the sign is iconic, after all, every new signing, pitch side report etc is done with it in the background despite the fact that it is a far inferior stand. I would be really disappointed if it's going to be permanently removed as is everyone else I've told about it.

As a neutral, every time I thought about SJP I thought about that sign due to this reason. Every photo always seemed to display it on the background.

It's sad.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Calling him a Fat Cockney Bastard and telling him to fuck off is water off a duck's back, he cares far more about his brand than his personal popularity.

Interesting idea an do-able surely?

Would last about two seconds before the stewards are told to actual do something.

Guest VaVaVoom

Why are people worrying their arses that the "Newcastle United" is being pulled down permanently?

Havent we already been told it is being replaced with IDENTICAL lettering?

The question/worry is will there be more SD shit plastered up next to it?

Not mentioned here http://www.nufc.com/html/wimble.html, can't find anything on other earlier/later match reports but I'm still sure we did for one game. Me and the others must just be going mental.