St James' Park

Delima

I think if it was possible to extend all the way round the ground I'd miss the Newcastle United sign.

im sure they could move it?  never going to happen - listed building behind, the horseshoe will happen eventually, just as the rest has happend.

Aha, here we go:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8229/2h5s1s1.png

Beautiful.

Do that and id not be bothered about any kind of expansion again in my lifetime. I love the lopsided look of st james', it's unique and instantly identifiable but that horseshoe look would be fantastic and I think it would harness the atmosphere in better than the current layout, noise from level 7 currently dissipates (IMO) out into space and you can't really appreciate the good work done up there further down the stands

I just cant stop thinking and dreaming of one day some billionaire takes the club from Fat Mike and instantly say they will expand the Gallowgate to look like that..just imagine the atmoshpere everytime we score a goal at that end of the ground..and imagine the sunlight steaming through the glass roof there..sunny day at SJP or a night match, the view of the stadium would be fucking stunning

I just cant stop thinking and dreaming of one day some billionaire takes the club from Fat Mike and instantly say they will expand the Gallowgate to look like that..just imagine the atmoshpere everytime we score a goal at that end of the ground..and imagine the sunlight steaming through the glass roof there..sunny day at SJP or a night match, the view of the stadium would be fucking stunning

if he sells up to some rich consotium or whoever- they will be looking to make a grand statement for the off- pretty sure it will involve the gallowgate. Ive seen it redeveloped over 40 yeras, its the final piece it will happen, sooner or later.

the only thing thats keeping us from filling those seats is not coz we aint won anything..no not all..the only reason we can see emoty seats at SJP is coz some fans are against filling up Fat Mike's pocket..no true Geordie will miss a match coz we havent won anything in ages..

We don't regularly fill it now, what would be the point of adding more seats? We'd have to win something first.

i covered this in an earlier post , about needing investment and champions league football first, SJH wasnt afraid of a 70000 stadium iirc