St James' Park

Delima

Aha, here we go:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8229/2h5s1s1.png

Beautiful.

Do that and id not be bothered about any kind of expansion again in my lifetime. I love the lopsided look of st james', it's unique and instantly identifiable but that horseshoe look would be fantastic and I think it would harness the atmosphere in better than the current layout, noise from level 7 currently dissipates (IMO) out into space and you can't really appreciate the good work done up there further down the stands

It would be perfect - the East Stand could sleep in relative peace and quiet while the rest of the stadium sung.

has anyone wondered how cool it would be if the TV cameras were actually switched from the current position to the East Stand? I think it would look fucking awesome seeing the cameras facing the giant Milburn stand and the adjacent Leazes End..

But the cameras would have direct sunlight in the early and end part of the season though

has anyone wondered how cool it would be if the TV cameras were actually switched from the current position to the East Stand? I think it would look f***ing awesome seeing the cameras facing the giant Milburn stand and the adjacent Leazes End..

But the cameras would have direct sunlight in the early and end part of the season though

Aye, it would be mint.

And I don't really equate filling St James' Park with CL football like many of you are saying. There used to be 52,000 in there week in week out during the Souness and Roeder eras plus the 00/01 season and there was no CL football and we finished outside the Top 6 on those occasions.

has anyone wondered how cool it would be if the TV cameras were actually switched from the current position to the East Stand? I think it would look fucking awesome seeing the cameras facing the giant Milburn stand and the adjacent Leazes End..

would they have direct sunlight with a 3000ft stand in front of them?

I wouldn't want to change the camera position to be honest. It shows the giant Newcastle United sign throughout the game. What gets me though is that other stadium like Old Trafford and Celtic Park have their camera's facing the biggest side of the stadium and as such other supporters don't give those grounds any stick about their lopsided stadium. SJP only gets that stick because it is visible during games.

Guest tyzer

has anyone wondered how cool it would be if the TV cameras were actually switched from the current position to the East Stand? I think it would look f***ing awesome seeing the cameras facing the giant Milburn stand and the adjacent Leazes End..

yes.

Guest Howaythetoon

Our biggest ever attendance was something like 67K at home to Chelsea back in the 30s when Hughie Gallacher returned to SJP. But all accounts of that match from national to local reports all stated there was tens of thousands more crammed in, some even said the attendance of that macth could have been 80K and upwards. It was common knowledge back then for most clubs to diddle the attendance figures for tax purposes, plus back in those days I think clubs had to give 15% of their gate reciepts the the visiting side. Could we top 80K today? I reckon if we had a 100K seater stadium for Shearer's testimonial there would still be some who missed out so aye we could, but regularly we'd have to be winning trophies on a regular basis and playing sublime footy. Not gonna happen.

Guest BooBoo

One of the best things about our place, is simply its location, slap bang in the city centre. The host of flat pack stadiums are generally out on a limb or worse, in some soulless industrial estate. Others like the Liverpool and Manchester clubs are a trek from the city centre and as an away fan you normally get drawn to the centre as thats where the stations/ bars are.

I bet away fans who come up to SJP, generally love the place despite the view from L7 being a bit detached.

Wouldn't be in favour of it. It would just look 'wrong'. See Spurs/Bolton/West Ham when they all tried new camera angles and it's always looked shit.

One of the best things about our place, is simply its location, slap bang in the city centre. The host of flat pack stadiums are generally out on a limb or worse, in some soulless industrial estate. Others like the Liverpool and Manchester clubs are a trek from the city centre and as an away fan you normally get drawn to the centre as thats where the stations/ bars are.

I bet away fans who come up to SJP, generally love the place despite the view from L7 being a bit detached.

Must be class for away fans to see the ground as they're coming over Redheugh bridge.

If I supported another team in the Premier League i'd always want to make a weekend of it when playing Newcastle.

Guest Howaythetoon

I took the bairns (niece and nephew) to Beamish last month and on the road out heading back to Newcastle you can clearly see SJP which from that distance must be at least what 10-15 miles away? I was at the races at Gosforth at the weekend and you can clearly see SJP from there too. Stands tall and proud it does. I'm not lking the fact that new building near it is encroaching upon SJP from certain angles mind.

Wouldn't be in favour of it. It would just look 'wrong'. See Spurs/Bolton/West Ham when they all tried new camera angles and it's always looked shit.

Spurs new camera angle looks like they are copying the highbury camera angle.

The new camera angle at the Reebok is far better.  Watching matches there used to be near unbearable but it's alright now.

The new camera angle at the Reebok is far better.  Watching matches there used to be near unbearable but it's alright now.

heard they are going to try a new one at Sunderland. On the roof looking towards Newcastle with an Inferiority lens.

If I supported another team in the Premier League i'd always want to make a weekend of it when playing Newcastle.

This. I remember a spurs fan next to me once in the goose a couple of years ago, shouted the bar maid back because she'd made a mistake with his change. He bought 3 drinks and was shocked to get about fifteen quid back from a twenty pound note.

of course it does..u can even see it now that the East stand is sun bathed during the early part of the season and towards the end..

having cameras facing the sunlight aint that great for the TV viewers..I think cameras at  Villa, Chelsea, Everton n Spurs face the sunlight in the afternoon games

of course it does..u can even see it now that the East stand is sun bathed during the early part of the season and towards the end..

having cameras facing the sunlight aint that great for the TV viewers..I think cameras at  Villa, Chelsea, Everton n Spurs face the sunlight in the afternoon games

alreet man calm down, i was making a joke about the size of the stand tbh.

alreet man calm down, i was making a joke about the size of the stand tbh.

aite..wasnt at all angered by ur comment mate.. :angel:

but yeah ur rite..it is one gigantic stand tbh.. :thup:

heard they are going to try a new one at Sunderland. On the roof looking towards Newcastle with an Inferiority lens.

:lol: