St James' Park

Delima

Good evening chaps/ lassies. City fan(not gonna give all that 'in peace' b@llocks). It was my first visit to your place the other week, loved it . The ground can be a bit of a death trap but looks f@@kin brilliant. Can't believe how close it is, or inside I should say to your City. Top view to my left with the fog. I'm 50 now but me Mam always mentioned Newcastle as a day out. Me Mam went a few times back in the day as me Dad did the coaches. Anyway, lovely City, and the people were bang on(we all get the odd knob, though I didn't). 

Keep your wits, you are going to get(already getting)so much crap chucked at you from all corners. Don't let it bother you, they are just either threatened or bitter.  Whether you go down or not, they'll sort you out, no worries. All the best and a happy new year.

26 minutes ago, Blootoof said:

Good evening chaps/ lassies. City fan(not gonna give all that 'in peace' b@llocks). It was my first visit to your place the other week, loved it . The ground can be a bit of a death trap but looks f@@kin brilliant. Can't believe how close it is, or inside I should say to your City. Top view to my left with the fog. I'm 50 now but me Mam always mentioned Newcastle as a day out. Me Mam went a few times back in the day as me Dad did the coaches. Anyway, lovely City, and the people were bang on(we all get the odd knob, though I didn't). 

Keep your wits, you are going to get(already getting)so much crap chucked at you from all corners. Don't let it bother you, they are just either threatened or bitter.  Whether you go down or not, they'll sort you out, no worries. All the best and a happy new year.

Always good to hear visitors speaking positively of the city :thup:

“You go and spend it on the training ground it means there is less to spend on the team.

Our pitches are very good, our gym is perfectly adequate and functional.

Do we have a swimming pool or water facilities? No.

In my experience, has a player turned round and said I’m not signing for Newcastle United because of your training facilities? No."

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

“You go and spend it on the training ground it means there is less to spend on the team.

In my experience, has a player turned round and said I’m not signing for Newcastle United because of your training facilities? No."

Dat ambition. 

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

"You don't win footballmatches at the trainingground!"

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why even have a gym? Just do press-ups and lift sports direct bags full of rocks. 

Let the lads try lifting one of them SD mugs once they're filled, be fucking ripped.

10 hours ago, geordie_b said:

Let’s play .

Ten times round the field owkay

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

The entire Gallowgate standing would be just incredible!

I'm not really sure what difference standing would make if it doesn't increase capacity.

Just now, Ben said:

I'm not really sure what difference standing would make if it doesn't increase capacity.

Would massively help with atmosphere imo. 

There’s some miserable farts who go you know.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

People would be stood up for a start. Plenty do in the front and upper tiers anyway (Plus the corner) but all 12,000 standing would be immense and would massively help the atmosphere (not that it's needed much help lately).

23 minutes ago, Ben said:

Atmosphere would be much improved , it’s already been proved at multiple clubs via trials 

Sitting down creates more of a theatre / library / show atmosphere 

standing tends to lead to more of a party / jumping around / vocal atmosphere 

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

The entire Gallowgate standing would be just incredible!

Been there in the 60' s standing couldn't see a damn thing sometimes, if youve never been in the stadium when was all standing it was horrendous if needed a slash at half time trying to get back to your sidekicks was murder.