St James' Park

Delima

19 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

My beef with Hall is simply that he, Shepherd and their families milked every penny they could from the club. Didn't put a farthing into it and waltzed off with millions.

Empty warehouses rented and offices in Gibralter, also empty etc etc

Obvs all along providing me with many memorable games that I lapped up. However it was all financed by debt. Huge debt paving the way for the cockney spiv.

Rim the cunt all you like.

We didn't have a huge debt unless, an utter fallacy. Yes, we had debt but a few years of not spending much would have sorted us out. A lot of the debt Ashley inherited was associated with the stadium that only became fully payable after a change of ownership. 

What Ashley claimed was a debt, "a blackhole", was the way every other club conducted their transfer business by paying in instalments. This is a good article on our debt at the time.

Also no reason to not assume that our commercial revenue would have continued to rise to help offset our debt.

My main problems with Shepherd and Hall is their football decisions, hiring Souness was an appalling decision. They were welcome to a return as they did invest their own money at one point to grow the club, something that Ashley never did.

44 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Be interesting to see how quickly the new owners mention stadium expansion (debatable if possible) or a move. They've been pretty quick with other things tbf and SJP is going to be sold out every game now.

I think this will be a project quite high on their list of priorities. SJP is already too small as things are. Brighton tickets went on public sale and sold out within an hour and that included almost 2k extra tickets that Brighton couldn't sell. No doubt 60k+ could have been sold for this one. That's for a team 4th bottom of the league for a game against Brighton. Once we're up towards the top, challenging and hopefully winning trophies demand for tickets will just be crazy!

Mayb in an ideal world the Gallowgate could be expanded to the size of the Leazes which would probably take capacity to 58/59k, keeps us at our spiritual home with its prime location and gives us a decent increase but part of me would love the club to either re-explore the possibility of a brand new 70k super stadium on the Town Moor or the current Arena site. I suppose the possibilities are endless when money is no object!

9 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I'm a big fan of Man City's model having the stadium and training facilities next door. Not a clue whether we have much land in the city to accommodate everything though like that. One for the Reubens to think about

1_Etihad-Campus.jpg

Facilities there look unreal.

It sorts out a dedicated academy stadium which could be used for the women instead of having that off near the airport. Very lucky with the site being gifted essentially and built on a greenfield originally... but none of that city skyline charm we have 

The training ground will most likely be on land out towards the airport. Think there’s a lot to be said for it being in a rural location away from the frenzy of the city, especially when looking at Leicesters new facility.

The most exciting aspect of this club is that I don’t think anyone really knows how big we can become. There’s no doubt the potential is frightening and other clubs have every right to be worried.

Edited by Whitley mag

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The training ground will most likely be on land out towards the airport. Think there’s a lot to be said for it being in a rural location away from the frenzy of the city, especially when looking at Leicesters new facility.

The most exciting aspect of this club is that I don’t think anyone really knows how big we can become. There’s no doubt the potential is frightening and other clubs have every right to be worried.

I'm sure there were plans a while back for Woolsington Hall including 9 hole golf course.

Edit...Just looked at Cameron Hall developments have permission to turn it into a hotel and 72 dwellings.

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

I'm sure there were plans a while back for Woolsington Hall including 9 hole golf course.

Aye, that was the plan and sure the Halls still own Woolsington. Think it had fallen into disrepair and the finger was being pointed at them, not sure what it’s current state is.

1 minute ago, madras said:

It would be interesting to know if Woolsington was bought with club cash and siphoned off much like Strawberry place under Ashley. It’s hard to criticise Hall due to the great times we had, but there was undoubtedly many shady dealings such as ghost offices and factories charged to the club. 

In Melbourne we have the MCG, Rod Laver Area, Margaret Court Arena, Hisense arena and AAMI Park all next to eachother. It would be amazing to have NUFC, Eagles, Falcons, training grounds, and other training facilities used by schools all in the one sports district. The entire site between Scottswood Road, St James Boulevard and Water St would be perfect for this. 

Could see the new training ground being built in Gosforth Park tbh.

New stadium down where the arena is, when the new one over Gateshead opens it would render the current one useless. Loads of land down there and not too far from the current ground. 

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Could see the new training ground being built in Gosforth Park tbh.

New stadium down where the arena is, when the new one over Gateshead opens it would render the current one useless. Loads of land down there and not too far from the current ground. 

Most fans I've spoke to are OK with moving to the arena site, don't know who owns it or if there are any plans for it.