St James' Park

Delima

32 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

By 'present' do you mean set up a Youtube channel where we first document our idea, intermittently spread some bullshit about Dan Burn killing Jacob Murphy's cat and then film ourselves waiting outside her house for a full 24 hours before throwing a homemade blueprint in her face as she does the school run?

I'm all down for that.

We could call it a Dossier....

Guest Biggsbond14
On 04/03/2022 at 15:32, Nun tumblers said:

What's the big deal ganing higher

The studens couldn't give a fuck.

Will it spoil their views ? 

Fuck Leazes tce 99% of wor supporters 

Aren't interested in conservation listed buildings carry on.

Why don’t you think before you come out with utter shit oh wait 

Guest Biggsbond14
On 04/03/2022 at 17:28, manorpark said:

Not sure if you were asking me, or HTT II, but to answer your question, I do not love ALL architecture as so much of it (old and new) is sub-standard, but I do love all "High Quality Architecture Old and New", and we have a lot of that in our elegant City Centre.

Too right about the architecture and I’m guessing HTT ll has been talking  nonsense again as you mentioned him ?

If you take Sunderland as an example they flattened loads of their period architecture to build that bridges monstrosity and are left with an eyesore that nobody gives a crap about - I personally think it's important to retain the historical integrity of the city even if it means stymieing the potential plans for the stadium

Not sure how serious this proposal is but one option for Man U is to knock the stadium down and rebuild.

If we stay where we are then I wouldn't be surprised if we went down this road. Obviously there's the problem of where do we play whilst it's rebuilt?

1 hour ago, macphisto said:

Not sure how serious this proposal is but one option for Man U is to knock the stadium down and rebuild.

If we stay where we are then I wouldn't be surprised if we went down this road. Obviously there's the problem of where do we play whilst it's rebuilt?

It’s easy for Man U, they can just play at Wembley and it would just mean their fans don’t have to travel as far for the matches.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, macphisto said:

Why can’t they just modernise it? It would be far cheaper to do so surely.

Think we could pull something off like this by starting the new stadium structure where the Leazes car park currently is, and moving the foot print of the stadium away from Leazes Terrace. Would be complicated keeping SJP open during the rebuild, but with this lot anything is possible.

3 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Wasn't sure if it was an unpopular opinion but glad to see others don't like the sign. Definitely thought they would improve it. Still nice to see tho.

The sign being exactly the same as it used to be is a big part (for me) of letting our former owner know exactly what we think of him and what he did with this.

Shearer's is B A C K as if it had never gone away !!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Wasn't sure if it was an unpopular opinion but glad to see others don't like the sign. Definitely thought they would improve it. Still nice to see tho.

Honestly couldn't give a toss. Hope they've got better beers in there mind.

• 2 weeks later...

The original is much better than his effort. Not that I want it changed in the slightest, but if I did, I'd go for a more radical redo than his thing.

I'm no expert in this stuff, but I don't understand why 'digital times' mean images need to be less detailed and more homogenous. And fuck it, if we're going to be the richest club in the world, presumably we can afford to stand out from the pack and develop imagery around aesthetic ideals and luxury, rather than being pushed around by marketing budgets and design graduates.

Re Shearer's, on one hand, I agree with @manorpark. Respect to the owners for trying to clean the club and restore it to better times. I think they're doing their best.

That said, I never thought Shearer's should've existed in the first place. It was a huge sign of the club going in the wrong direction fast at the time, with Freddie Shepherd clinging on to selling a fading cult of personality alongside Graeme Souness rather than developing the fundamentals of the club as Robson had wanted to.

It was the kind of thinking that brought us Michael Owen and proper football. In a roundabout way it was one of the things that set us up as marks for Mike Ashley to later target. December 2004. Bad memories.

Edited by 80