St James' Park

Delima

37 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

Imagine being told back in October 2021 that the Saudi redevelopment of SJP would comprise of shipping containers in the car park and putting old signage back up.

Something big will happen with the stadium, got to accept these small wins also along the way though 

10 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

I just hope they sort the bogs out, they're fucking disgusting especially if you're unlucky enough to need a shite. 

:lol: I had the trots at a match last season and spent most of the game in the Gallowgate bogs. it was horrific

2 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

Imagine being told back in October 2021 that the Saudi redevelopment of SJP would comprise of shipping containers in the car park and putting old signage back up.

It’s already been revealed that SJP is getting a massive revamp/rebuild. Plans are probably gonna be shown by the club during the season. 

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

It’s already been revealed that SJP is getting a massive revamp/rebuild. Plans are probably gonna be shown by the club during the season. 

Where’s that from mate? I don’t remember reading about that

22 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

I just hope they sort the bogs out, they're fucking disgusting especially if you're unlucky enough to need a shite. 

10 minutes ago, Big River said:

:lol: I had the trots at a match last season and spent most of the game in the Gallowgate bogs. it was horrific

These two need transported to the 70s Gallowgate bogs, just for balance 😂

1 minute ago, NSG said:

In the FAB minutes Eales basically said that article was a load of shit and no decisions have been made.

Really? I thought one of the ITKs on here who has a proven good record said it was true and the plans look fantastic. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Really? I thought one of the ITKs on here who has a proven good record said it was true and the plans look fantastic. 

Who knows what the timescale is ... and redevelopment has a real chance of reducing revenue in the short term which could trigger more player sales. This was the primary reason I thought a new stadium was the way to go.

Edited by OverThere

On 30/06/2024 at 13:40, Jackie Broon said:

The loss of a corner of the park could potentially be justified against the public benefits of a new stadium and heritage benefits of improving the setting of Leazes Terrace.

It's not a corner of the park, its the centre of the park, and if you want all that it's no longer a park, its a lake with some tennis courts

The most NUFC is ever going to get is the area highlighted in Black and I doubt that does much for the club at all.

no way is anyone letting the park be completely decimated.
and don't come out with but NUFC could give some land back, yea in a part where its not connected to the rest of the park and no one would really ever use apart from football fans when there is a game on

Untitled.jpg.99268f1a3619683459bb54fc1bb7972a.jpg

NUFC owners must know the park is like something out of Chernobyl and basically abandoned by the council.

When they bought NUFC they could have chucked a few million at the park to make it nice again.
instead the children's playground was a fenced off area for over a year with a banner asking for the public to give donations.

surprised none of the footballers gave a donation to the playground TBH the goal was only about 20k and it would have been an easy PR win.

the club doesnt care about anything unless it already has links to the club like the NUcastle foundation that used to be the local childrens community centre for one of the most deprived areas in Newcastle.
now its a placed posh mommy and daddy drop their middle class kids off in their 4x4

purely for that out of spite most people who have anything to do with the park likely want NUFC owners kept away from it, no one cared about the park until the richest people in the world might need a bit.

Edited by Arknor

3 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

BOTH of these things are fantastic !!!

Yes, yes, yes, that is ALL we need, all we can expect . . . "Ahum" . . . 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Talking shite, it’s nowhere near the drawing up plans stage yet. They haven’t made a final decision on what to do.

My understanding is that moving away is a last resort, so that either leaves a mini upgrade (1 stand) OR completely rebuild the whole stadium on the existing site.

Option 2 can’t just go ahead, we’d need to be somewhere for up to 2 years which would need to be agreed well before any plans were announced. And that doesn’t even factor in all the planning application issues / Metro etc

My own take on it is that it will be option 2 or they’d have made that announcement already.

This rebuild will reflect on PIF and ultimately on the KSA, so cost won’t be a factor. That will also be with the accountants, to see how that amount of capital can be injected into the club and how they may be able to use that in some clever accounting methods for our advantage.

14 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Talking shite, it’s nowhere near the drawing up plans stage yet. They haven’t made a final decision on what to do.

My understanding is that moving away is a last resort, so that either leaves a mini upgrade (1 stand) OR completely rebuild the whole stadium on the existing site.

Option 2 can’t just go ahead, we’d need to be somewhere for up to 2 years which would need to be agreed well before any plans were announced. And that doesn’t even factor in all the planning application issues / Metro etc

My own take on it is that it will be option 2 or they’d have made that announcement already.

This rebuild will reflect on PIF and ultimately on the KSA, so cost won’t be a factor. That will also be with the accountants, to see how that amount of capital can be injected into the club and how they may be able to use that in some clever accounting methods for our advantage.

Currently infrastructure spending doesn’t count towards FFP/PSR. There is a debate on the interest on loans to fund it, but PIF will end up paying the contractors straight up.

1 hour ago, Arknor said:

It's not a corner of the park, its the centre of the park, and if you want all that it's no longer a park, its a lake with some tennis courts

The most NUFC is ever going to get is the area highlighted in Black and I doubt that does much for the club at all.

no way is anyone letting the park be completely decimated.
and don't come out with but NUFC could give some land back, yea in a part where its not connected to the rest of the park and no one would really ever use apart from football fans when there is a game on

NUFC owners must know the park is like something out of Chernobyl and basically abandoned by the council.

When they bought NUFC they could have chucked a few million at the park to make it nice again.
instead the children's playground was a fenced off area for over a year with a banner asking for the public to give donations.

surprised none of the footballers gave a donation to the playground TBH the goal was only about 20k and it would have been an easy PR win.

the club doesnt care about anything unless it already has links to the club like the NUcastle foundation that used to be the local childrens community centre for one of the most deprived areas in Newcastle.
now its a placed posh mommy and daddy drop their middle class kids off in their 4x4

purely for that out of spite most people who have anything to do with the park likely want NUFC owners kept away from it, no one cared about the park until the richest people in the world might need a bit.

Could just be me, but this seems really confused.

You don't want the park to be decimated...but it's "like something out of Chernobyl"...the football club should have done up the playground...but nobody would ever use a brand new one on the current SJP site...

Judging by your comment that it has been "basically abandoned by the Council", perhaps the "people who have anything to do with the park" would welcome constructive dialogue with the club?

28 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Could just be me, but this seems really confused.

You don't want the park to be decimated...but it's "like something out of Chernobyl"...the football club should have done up the playground...but nobody would ever use a brand new one on the current SJP site...

Judging by your comment that it has been "basically abandoned by the Council", perhaps the "people who have anything to do with the park" would welcome constructive dialogue with the club?

Send them in boys 

cartman demolition GIF by South Park