SSN on Emre

Northern Monkey

Guest Bramble OG

i thought it was common knowledge that Turkish people were racist? :o

Not sticking up for Emre at all but these players could have just as easly have insulted Emre on being turkish and he's retaliated

disgraceful how some people here already turned their backs on Emre.. ok, lets get him out, because the great british media says so..

Disgraceful how some are trying to defend his alleged comments tbh.

Let's see what is found, eh?

disgraceful how some people here already turned their backs on Emre.. ok, lets get him out, because the great british media says so..

He was accused not by the great british media

He was accused by two black football players

This racism is all a very grey area to me.

Emre is essentially using words that are considered harmless in his own country. I personally cant see any real malice in what he said.

very much in agreement with you

I find it embarrassing that people are trying to excuse racism on the basis that it's considered more acceptable elsewhere, so we should just let them get on with it here as well.

Yes, but there is ignorance and malice. Ignorance needs education, while malice needs punishment. From what has been reported, Emre's racism seems to stem from ignorance rather than any actual malice. Therefore, there needs to be more emphasis on educating him and less emphasis on punishing him in my opinion.

1: Do you honestly believe there is no malice in calling someone a "fucking nigger"?

2: If he was ignorant of those words being offensive, why use them as an insult to someone? And if he is really Oba Martins'best mate, how can he claim to be ignorant of what is or isn't offensive to black people in the first place?

Disgraceful how some are trying to defend his alleged comments tbh.

Let's see what is found, eh?

The usual lack of a middle ground is amusingly typical of this forum, like.

Dave is right, let's wait and see what the final judgement is before we try and make excuses for him/cast him aside. I just hope he plays against AZ next week, personally.

Give a shit if he's racist.  He's entitled to an opinion.

No shock that comment coming from you. Lets bring back throwing bananas at black players and making monkey noises at them! We are entitled to our opinions and a banana wont really hurt!

I just want it finished with, if he is found guilty by the FA then sack him, if he not found guilty then lets get him back int he squad as soona s, the longer the FA drag this out the more chance there is of more complaints being made.

What will the FA do to to find out what he did say, use a Turkish lip reader ?  :D

...The case may also impact on Glenn Roeder, the Newcastle manager, who had jumped to Emre's defence after the initial allegations against his player. He even talked of standing down as manager if it was proved that any of his squad was racist...

No, it won't.  Roeder talks s*** all the time.  I'm sure that if he actually thought people would hold him to the things that he says, he wouldn't come out with such bullshit (quite so regularly anyway) but the fact is that he doesn't.

Bang on. Or if he does think that people beliebve the incredibel s**** he comes out with, then he's an even worse judge of the fans than he is a manager.

I think more shit comes out of your mouths than Roeder's to be fair.

I find Roeder talks very sensibly and honestly about stuff... but we all need reasons to dislike people don't we.

Fair enough, his transfer window talk is a bit irritating, but it's much more likely that he's being to told to say those things.

His assessment of matches and performances has been, for the most part, spot on in my opinion.

He's full of shite. Even more than me, i think. And thats saying something.

...The case may also impact on Glenn Roeder, the Newcastle manager, who had jumped to Emre's defence after the initial allegations against his player. He even talked of standing down as manager if it was proved that any of his squad was racist...

No, it won't.  Roeder talks s*** all the time.  I'm sure that if he actually thought people would hold him to the things that he says, he wouldn't come out with such bullshit (quite so regularly anyway) but the fact is that he doesn't.

Bang on. Or if he does think that people beliebve the incredibel s**** he comes out with, then he's an even worse judge of the fans than he is a manager.

I think more s*** comes out of your mouths than Roeder's to be fair.

I find Roeder talks very sensibly and honestly about stuff... but we all need reasons to dislike people don't we.

Fair enough, his transfer window talk is a bit irritating, but it's much more likely that he's being to told to say those things.

His assessment of matches and performances has been, for the most part, spot on in my opinion.

He's full of s****. Even more than me, i think. And thats saying something.

It depends whether, by "he's full of shit", you mean he actually talks nonsense, or really he just says things that differ from your opinion.

There are a hell of a lot of people on this board who get pissed off when people say something that differs from their opinion. He doesn't, however, mean that he talks shit.

It means, in this context, that he talks nonsense.

Guest smoggeordie

Emre - Official NUFC Statement

FOLLOWING various reports that have recently appeared in the media concerning Emre, Newcastle United has released the following statement:

IN recent weeks Newcastle United has become increasingly concerned about articles appearing in various national newspapers concerning Emre.

Those articles have made various inaccurate and unfair comments on the case, and have ignored the basic principle that any person is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. The conduct of certain sections of the press in ignoring that basic principle of fairness is deeply regrettable.

It is the club's opinion that the content in these articles is highly prejudicial and seriously reduces the chances of the player receiving a fair hearing when he finally makes a personal response to the charge brought against him by the Football Association.

Both the club and player have genuine worries that a trial through the media is effectively being conducted long before the actual hearing will take place.

We are making stringent inquiries into how such stories have come to appear in print and the club would be highly concerned if information is being leaked by any individual or association involved with this ongoing matter.

The club also wishes to reiterate that it has not been made aware of any further charges being brought or about to be brought against Emre by the Football Association.

Newcastle United is proud to be a club with a long-standing tradition of working closely with anti-racism organisations on both a local and national basis and will continue to be a strong champion of such an important cause.

Guest Ridzuan

Good statement indeed but unfortunately,I think the damage has been done to the player and to the club as well.

Sky Sports News!

:'(

And yeah, good statement by the club. We're still paying his wages, let's play him as much as we can till the verdicts given, and if hes innocent, continue playing him.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s474/st112580.htm?fromrss=1

Diouf Drops Emre Claim

By Mark Heys - March 1 2007

Bolton striker El-Hadji Diouf has decided against taking action against Newcastle United midfielder Emre following allegations of racist abuse in a game last year.

Turkish international Emre supposedly made derogatory comments to the striker about the colour of his skin when Bolton played Newcastle in a game at St James Park in October 2006 but now no complaint will be actioned

Despite this, the football association have received further complaints regarding comments made by Emre to Watford's Al Bangura and will therefore be furthering their investigation into the matter.

A statement issued this morning read:

"Following the allegations which appeared in the media of alleged racist incidents involving Emre, the FA wrote to El-Hadji Diouf and Al Bangura to ask them if they were able to provide statements."

"El-Hadji Diouf has responded and confirmed he does not want to pursue the matter. Al Bangura has responded with a statement and further investigations will now be made"

Guest Alex20

FA sucks big time, it's been over fckin 3 months, this is only kicking us in the nuts,

undeservingly so, FA could have and should have come with a verdict much earlier.

Guest smoggeordie

FA sucks big time, it's been over fckin 3 months, this is only kicking us in the nuts,

undeservingly so, FA could have and should have come with a verdict much earlier.

Need to learn the date, mate. It's been two months and a few days :lol:

Emre is essentially using words that are considered harmless in his own country. I personally cant see any real malice in what he said.

ehhhh black and white to me mate ???

ehhhh black and white to me mate ???

The "that word isn't offensive in Turkey" argument is just funny tbh. Emre (allegedly) said "n*****" that's an English word, not a Turkish one. I highly doubt that there's a direct translation for the word in Turkish, and even so, he was speaking an English word to an English person. That's the context it has to be taken in.

Anyway, I'd just wish this'd get resolved soon enough so the ****ing media can stop dragging our clubs name through the mud.

And i quote:

"He is a bit of a hot-head, and although not to be an excuse, he may say things that he doesn't really mean. It's a shame to see a player like him be involved in rascism charges"

Well done, on finding the stupidest forum on the net. I assume Gasuso lives there now, telling them all how he saw his close friends George Best, Pele, and Jackie Milburn at the airport last week.

"he may say things he doesn't mean" hahahahahaha

Yeah, this morning, i had no change for the Tunnel, and i just burst out with "you fucking nigger" randomly. See, it can happen.