Newcastle 4 - 2 AZ Alkmaar - Post Match Thoughts

Dave

Guest WalkervilleMag

I said we would win Home and Away against AZ,  Saw nothing to change my mind tonight. 

Cracking banter with the AZ fans in Rosie's before the game also.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I missed GRs comments at half time in the spuds game, what was his general feeling on the game?

Is it true that there was under 30,000 there?  Soccernet say's 28,500?  I suppose I shouldn't be shocked by this, but it was potentially our last game in Europe at St. James for some time? 

did you go????

thought not.

why the fuck do so many here complain about the attendance's, yet dont bother their arse to go.

dont give me the " I would if I lived closer" shite either. or the "if it was keegan style football i would". Pathetic.

we got just under 29000 for a midweek televised game, there's a lot of clubs that struggle to get that at their peak.

saddo's

He lives in America/Canada.

Is it true that there was under 30,000 there?  Soccernet say's 28,500?  I suppose I shouldn't be shocked by this, but it was potentially our last game in Europe at St. James for some time? 

did you go????

thought not.

why the fuck do so many here complain about the attendance's, yet dont bother their arse to go.

dont give me the " I would if I lived closer" shite either. or the "if it was keegan style football i would". Pathetic.

we got just under 29000 for a midweek televised game, there's a lot of clubs that struggle to get that at their peak.

saddo's

Calm down.

Guest JamesD

did you go????

thought not.

why the f*** do so many here complain about the attendance's, yet dont bother their arse to go.

dont give me the " I would if I lived closer" s**** either. or the "if it was keegan style football i would". Pathetic.

saddo's

not sure, but i think Bonk lives in canada.

Bit gutted we did not go on in the 2nd half and kill the game, much better performance form us though, I thought we defended okay just Taylor and his fkn handballs. Leant intowards the ball with his arm, has to learn to let it past if he can't get anythign on it.

Never thought I would say this BUT I thought Carr had a decent game!

Over there Roeder needs to play Dyer and Martins uptop, they are shit scared of their pace and with Milner wide right we should get a couple no bother when they over comit.

Better atmosphere tonight too  O0

Guest Ridzuan

Havnt watch the match yet.Im happy about us being able to score 4 goals today but unhappy that they scored 2 goals,which means the goal difference is not much.If we can get a 0-0 draw or a 1-0 win in the next leg,Ill be happy enough.

Guest WalkervilleMag

I can't believe anyone thinks Parker had a good game. He was utter f****** toss throughout.

Parker was winning balls left,right and centre in the middle of the park.  was very unlucky with the 2nd goal after another superb tackle

Guest TheOrder

Not many a person in my vicinity agreed. Not tmention 2 swan-neck dives.

You are talking utter wank like.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given: 8

Solano: 8

Taylor: 7

Bramble: 8

Carr: 6

Dyer: 8

Parker: 8

Butt: 8

Duff: 7

Martins: 9 (MOM)

Sibiersky: 7

Guest sicko2ndbest

What did Roeder say at half time in the spuds game?

Told Lennon to get forward more and Keane to hit them early.

bluelaugh.gif

mackems.gif no seriously  mackems.gif

What did he say about us

Guest NUFC4

martins scores two goals but can still be sooo much better.  his first touch with back to goal can be as bad as shola's, times his jumps all wrong, and with a little composure would have either dragged the ball past their keeper or laid it off to whoever was running alongside to make the advantage 5-2 and made me feel a lot more comfortable.  still good finishing on the goals, and what pace  :coolsmiley:

duffer is looking a bit more in form, working hard, earning fouls and cheeky 1 2 with dyer for the own goal

bramble was ehhh

sibs put in a lot of work

carr actually wasn't bad tonight

dyer was my MOM