Goalkeepers scoring

Nobby

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42694000/jpg/_42694941_robinson416.jpg

can't remember a goalkeeper scoring from his own half in the Premiership before (apart from Paul Robison today)

has there been one?

Robinson was not the only goalkeeper scoring today. weymouth keeper scored aswell

Southport 0-1 Weymouth 

Goalkeeper Jason Matthews scored a remarkable effort from his own half in the 89th minute for Weymouth to seal a win over Southport at Haig Avenue.

Matthews performed heroics in the visitors' goal throughout, frequently repelling bottom club Southport as shots peppered his goal.

Tony Gray was denied early on and then Mark Duffy's shot was turned wide.

The match was heading for a stalemate until Matthews pumped the ball forward and it drifted in to seal the victory.

88:44 GOAL - Jason Matthews

Southport 0 - Weymouth 1Goal by Jason Matthews (Weymouth) left-footed (bottom-right of goal) from own half (35+ yards).Southport 0-1 Weymouth.

The bounce made the goal, wasnt a shot, or a bullet past the keeper.

Bounced on the 18yd line, Foster was about 12yds out, bounced right over his head an into an empty net.

Some would call it a fluke  ^-^

Pat Jennings scored against Alec Stepney in the 67 Charity shield - straight out his hands from one end of the pitch to the other, bounce, in.

Preston's Andy Lonergan did something similar against Leicester not so long ago.

Tomas Kuscak(?) conceeded one in a World Cup warm up game last year, I think it was against Columbia.

Can't remember it from a free kick tho. ???

Yeah, basically Shittu did that fake header thing to let it run through to Foster but Foster though Shittu had it... and it bounced over him. I was with my mate who supports Watford and he was going beserk, so funny. PS. What the fuck is up with my sig?

Guest eyeball_tickler

mike hooper nearly did it for us in the prem league against everton many years ago. he kicked it from his hands in his box and southall tipped it over the bar.

Steve Ogrizovic did exactly what Robinson did today. I'm sure it was against Sheff Wed about 20 years ago. Martin Hodge was the opposition keeper that day. And before anyone asks - NO I didn't google this. Purely from memory.  8)

Steve Ogrizovic did exactly what Robinson did today. I'm sure it was against Sheff Wed about 20 years ago. Martin Hodge was the opposition keeper that day. And before anyone asks - NO I didn't google this. Purely from memory.  8)

Direct from a goal kick actually says wiki. Well remembered.