Newcastle 0 - 1 Man City - Post match thoughts

Dave

Is anyone here still going to defend the guy after that? I bet so.

Not me mind. We're going down at this rate.

I haven't heard a single person in favour of keeping him beyond the end of the season.

I was until today.  Sacking him would lead to another boring, embarassing and ultimately disappointing manager hunt which I don't think will solve anything. 

But after this last result, I'd rather just get it over with.  I don't see an alternative.

After the Man City game 2 years ago when Souness was in charge we lost 3:0 and if he wasnt get sacked we would probably got relegated

Now we are in similar position.Not that worst when it comes to the table but if we continue to play like this things are going to get nasty

Roeder out

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

This guy has got to be up there with the worst excuse makers in Premiership history. His post match comments are becoming farcical. He's making us an absolute laughing stock with the shit he regurgitates.

Guest justin99.

IMO the whole blame for our current situation rests on freddy's shoulders.

How far would you go to be rid of him?

Personally I would accept relegation if it ment NUFC would be rid of him.

This is worse than Souness, at least there was hope he would be sacked.

Roeder and his coaching staff will be here come August

It's not worse, Roeder hasn't squandered the crown jewells in the way Souness did although our published financial figures probably make the job even less of an attraction.

Roeder actually complained about them sitting back???

He still will not accept that it is th eplayers he selected (Parker & Butt) who are not capable of opening up any team???

He has COMPLETELY lost it.

He has to go...

Maybe you might like to turn that same critical logic on yourself after having read your defence of his team selection in the match thread. Bipolar-tastic tbh. :idiot2:

Guest Phil K

It's not worse, Roeder hasn't squandered the crown jewells in the way Souness did although our published financial figures probably make the job even less of an attraction.

While this is undoubtably so, the cause of Newcastle's fall from grace is not so much Souness or Roeder, but the fat fool that gave them the chance to do their damage.

When i said he is worst the Souness i nearly got murderd down here..

He is defo worst then Souness,the only diffrence is that unlike souness,he is not a cunt..

Trust me,by this rate,we ARE going down,no doubt about it,he did it before with West Ham and Watford,why not do it now with us..?

Anyway todays game was the first game i miss watching for us all season (Watford league cup apart), Couldnt care less and went to play foot ball with my mates

Won 10 pounds after a bet i made with my friend that we are going to lose,Mpenza is going to score :D

FFS a month ago he was playing in the reserves league IN QATAR..

While this is undoubtably so, the cause of Newcastle's fall from grace is not so much Souness or Roeder, but the fat fool that gave them the chance to do their damage.

I can't disagree with that, sadly.

We haven't scored a league goal since February 10th.

The performances concern me more than the results at the moment. If we were playing alright but not getting the breaks I could kid myself this team and this manager could take us somewhere some day. But I can't remember the last time we had a performance to be proud of. Today the team lacked balance, guts, passion, organisation, creativity, everything. We couldn't even get the basics right. There were seemingly no tactics in place at all. As the whole stadium chanted "there's only one James Milner", Roeder finally brings him on to a chorus of cheers, only to take off Solano who had been one of our better players and who has shown to work well with Milner. Understandably the fans were furious. Roeder took so long to make any changes when they were urgently needed and when he did made totally the wrong moves. Why wasn't Dyer moved or brought off earlier as he was totally out of the game? Why did Carr stay on the field but Solano didn't? Where was Emre?

Roeder has almost a full squad to choose from, he has run out of excuses. I expect him to try and lower fans' expectations now, but the performances don't show anything to get optimistic about. More than the results it's the piss-poor performances week-in week-out that are getting my back up. We look scarily like the Newcastle side in the run up to Souness' sacking, there's just nothing there.

We haven't scored a league goal since February 10th.

The performances concern me more than the results at the moment. If we were playing alright but not getting the breaks I could kid myself this team and this manager could take us somewhere some day. But I can't remember the last time we had a performance to be proud of. Today the team lacked balance, guts, passion, organisation, creativity, everything. We couldn't even get the basics right. There were seemingly no tactics in place at all. As the whole stadium chanted "there's only one James Milner", Roeder finally brings him on to a chorus of cheers, only to take off Solano who had been one of our better players and who has shown to work well with Milner. Understandably the fans were furious. Roeder took so long to make any changes when they were urgently needed and when he did made totally the wrong moves. Why wasn't Dyer moved or brought off earlier as he was totally out of the game? Why did Carr stay on the field but Solano didn't? Where was Emre?

Roeder has almost a full squad to choose from, he has run out of excuses. I expect him to try and lower fans' expectations now. But more than the results it's the piss-poor performances week-in week-out that are getting my back up. We look scarily like the Newcastle side in the run up to Souness' sacking.

My biggest frustration is that we have no way of turning this around, it looks like we will get more of the same.

What a s*** end to another s*** week in the life of Newcastle United.

I can't put my anger into words yet, Roeder hasn't got a clue and the person who appointed him needs castrating.  Clueless team selection, clueless substitutions which would look more appropriate when reading the Viz.  I hope Moore was injured or Roeder should be sacked for making that decision alone.  He hadn’t a clue what to do until the fans gave him a nudge and he still got it wrong by taking the wrong players off.  He hasn’t got a b****** clue how to change a game in our favour.  Roll on his excuses for this shambles.

This club will not move forwards with Roeder but we’ll also not move forwards while the person who appointed him and Souness is likely to appoint the successor to Roeder.

I really think that Roeder has now lost most of the players, he’s way out of his depth.

Spot on.

This is the most disillusioned I've felt for a long time. Worse than I felt when Souness was dragging us backwards at an alarming rate. At least under Souness there was the feeling that 'at least one day he'll go and that'll lift everyone' but to see Shepherd give Roeder the job sickened me. This time around there's just no light at the end of the tunnel, the chairman messed it up with Souness, messed it up with Roeder and he'll do it again. While Shepherd's around we will always have a dodgy managerial setup, poor scouting and a cheap defence.

Guest Mayor Steve

IMO the whole blame for our current situation rests on freddy's shoulders.

How far would you go to be rid of him?

Personally I would accept relegation if it ment NUFC would be rid of him.

I agree with this view. I know none of us want relegation, but if it meant getting rid of the board, coaches and starting from scratch maybe there would be positives from relegation. The other thing is that we would be primed for a takeover bid as the asking price would drop significantly. It is sad that we even have this discussion but even if we survive, which I think we will, next season we can expect much of the same. Maybe relegation is the wake-up call that the club needs.

Guest TheOrder

That was awful.

Carr needs shooting, Parker needs dropping and Roeder needs sacking.

Miner should've started on the right, Nobby at right back.

Duff was decent today.

We are the same Newcastle side that was in the run up to Souness' sacking, almost. It's now obvious it wasn't Glen that lifted the team and got results, it was just the weight of oppression lifting following Souness' departure. Roeder tactical awareness has been exposed time and again, as has his team selections. After todays game there can't be a shred of faith left in his ability.

Shepherd is to blame, but I do find myself wondering if some of these supposed transfers didn't come off coz Shepherd was playing canny, knowing he planned to replace Roeder in the summer. (I sincerely hope that's the case, as much as I want Shepherd gone you can't get everything you want.)

Roeder knows he's under a great deal of pressure. When he moves from blaming the players for defeat to hinting the opposition and the fans contributed to a loss it's obvious he's on the edge. Would be surprising for him to hold his hands up and take the blame, but it would be honest.

It's really quite scary to consider that Shepherd might not actually have decided yet, that he might consider letting Roeder loose on the transfer market in the summer. That's assuming we avoid relegation! I dread to think.

Right now I would welcome Roy Keane with open arms, at least he could motivate the players if nothing else. Irrespective of the next manager, (let's assume we can get one), 3 or 4 of the current crew should get their P45's

What a s*** end to another s*** week in the life of Newcastle United.

I can't put my anger into words yet, Roeder hasn't got a clue and the person who appointed him needs castrating.  Clueless team selection, clueless substitutions which would look more appropriate when reading the Viz.  I hope Moore was injured or Roeder should be sacked for making that decision alone.  He hadnt a clue what to do until the fans gave him a nudge and he still got it wrong by taking the wrong players off.  He hasnt got a b****** clue how to change a game in our favour.  Roll on his excuses for this shambles.

This club will not move forwards with Roeder but well also not move forwards while the person who appointed him and Souness is likely to appoint the successor to Roeder.

I really think that Roeder has now lost most of the players, hes way out of his depth.

Spot on.

This is the most disillusioned I've felt for a long time. Worse than I felt when Souness was dragging us backwards at an alarming rate. At least under Souness there was the feeling that 'at least one day he'll go and that'll lift everyone' but to see Shepherd give Roeder the job sickened me. This time around there's just no light at the end of the tunnel, the chairman messed it up with Souness, messed it up with Roeder and he'll do it again. While Shepherd's around we will always have a dodgy managerial setup, poor scouting and a cheap defence.

We're not even in a position to buy ourselves out of this shit, we can only hope that Owen comes back fit and ready for next season to paper over the cracks that are Newcastle United.

We're financially shagged so need to do something about that or we will be the next Leeds, we're heading in that direction.  Season ticket sales are going to cause some ripples in the boardroom this year.

Did Shepherd say something like the next managerial appointment was his most important just before he was put under pressure by the mountain of text messages from the fans to appoint Roeder, well Freddy, you f**ked up again.

He still will not accept that it is th eplayers he selected (Parker & Butt) who are not capable of opening up any team???

He has to go...

Maybe you might like to turn that same critical logic on yourself after having read your defence of his team selection in the match thread. Bipolar-tastic tbh. :idiot2:

Blind optimism. I was actually trying to convince myself that we would be alright.

It's not working anymore though.

I am infuriated!!! I did like the original defensive lineup though. Why the hell he took off Moore I will never know.

Apparently, even with Dyer, Solano, Martins and Duff, Parker and Butt are so ineffective they still have a negative effect on us!

To be fair though if I was bipolar it would be down to watching this tripe week in and week out...

He has to go...

Blind optimism. I was actually trying to convince myself that we would be alright.

I am infuriated!!! I did like the original defensive lineup though. Why the hell he took off Moore I will never know.

Apparently, even with Dyer, Solano, Martins and Duff, Parker and Butt are so ineffective they still have a negative effect on us!

To be fair though if I was bipolar it would be down to watching this tripe week in and week out...

......just imagine for a second that the top 4 sides would employ Roeder....We'd laugh till the brown stuff leaked... blueyes.gif

Looked like a groin strain.  If that's the case then I don't think we'll see him in a Newcastle shirt again.

Right now I would welcome Roy Keane with open arms, at least he could motivate the players if nothing else. Irrespective of the next manager, (let's assume we can get one), 3 or 4 of the current crew should get their P45's

Shearer is the realistic alternative.  I'm not going to pretend he is the sort of manager to get us back into the top 6 or playing well, but if you are looking at an appointment to win over the vast majority of the supporters and stop the booing, then Shearer is it.  He will have a longer learning curve just because of his popularity.  And he will certainly be more of a presence in the dressing room.

I know I might get slated for that and I would personally love to have a Van Gaal, a Hiddink or a Hitzfeld.  But I don't realistically think that a) we can attract them or b) Shepherd will go for them.  I'm not even sure we could look at someone like Allardyce given our position.  I think that when Shepherd pulls the trigger, Shearer will be the first choice and probably the best available choice given the position of the club.  Shepherd will look at the bump Keane has given the mackems and follow suit.  I'm not happy about it, I'm not optimistic, but without a board takeover then it's the best of some very poor options and probably the best we can hope for.  :undecided:

Guest Knightrider

Fuck Shearer, we need some genuine ability and experience in the dugout, not someone wet behind the ears who may or may not be up to the task. We simply can't afford to gamble like that.

f*** Shearer, we need some genuine ability and experience in the dugout, not someone wet behind the ears who may or may not be up to the task. We simply can't afford to gamble like that.

Who then?  If clubs with lots of money from board takeovers like Villa & West Ham can only attract domestic managers like O'Neill or Curbishley then why should we have a chance with the Hitzfelds, Lippis, Koemans etc.?  And since Shepherd doesn't look like leaving can you even assume he will look abroad?