Viduka

Cajun

We seriously may as well just agree a fee with him and pay off his contract.

Could come in very handy if he ever gets fit before the end of the season.

fuck that, he can't move.. pay off the fat twat, I'd rather play Ameobi and Carrol instead of him

f*** that, he can't move.. pay off the fat t***, I'd rather play Ameobi and Carrol instead of him

he set up that duff goal in the tottenham match to gain us 2 points, every point is valuable and if he does it again it could mean staying up.

Guest Heneage

Baheng would be the closest replacement to Viduka.

:idiot2:

I said the closest we have?

Be nice if he could play against WBA his interplay is Berbatov esq.

Guest optimistic nit

fuck that, he can't move.. pay off the fat twat, I'd rather play Ameobi and Carrol instead of him

:lol: he can move better than carroll or ameobi tbh, and has the advantage of knowing how to play football.

carrol and ameobi vs sunderland were the 2 most imobile strikers i've ever seen in one match.

still probably wont play again mind.

NUFC ace Viduka in West Brom return pledge

MARK VIDUKA is hoping that history can repeat itself for Newcastle United as he gets ready to make his return to action at West Brom on Saturday.

The former Leeds and Celtic ace has not appeared since Boxing Day for the Magpies when he picked up a groin injury at Wigan’s JJB Stadium.

The setback was just another injury nightmare for Viduka, with the Australian restricted to just four appearances due to a troublesome heel injury that meant he missed the first four months of the campaign.

Now, with Viduka back from his injury hell, along with Oba Martins and his ex-Elland Road team-mate Alan Smith, he feels that Joe Kinnear has sufficient firepower to guide the Mags away from danger.

Last term, Kevin Keegan’s side put together a seven-match unbeaten run at the end of the season which resulted in the black and whites firing in 12 goals in that sequence, with Viduka, Michael Owen and Martins all in form.

Owen will have to wait at least another month to play again, but Viduka is confident that there are still goals in Kinnear’s side and even hinted he’d love to see a return of the popular 4-3-3 system that pulled Newcastle out of the mire last season.

He told the Chronicle: “Whether Joe wants to play that system or not is a totally different thing.

“But the manager’s got a lot of options up front when everyone’s fit, and this team has got goals in it.

“We pulled away from trouble last season when we used that formation.

“And if we can click up front again then hopefully we can do the same this time.”

Viduka’s contract expires in June and although there is thought to be an option to extend it by a further 12 months, there has been talk that the player United signed from Middlesbrough on a free in 2007 may return Down Under, while Kinnear has previously said: “By his own admission he was going back to Australia at the end of the season and turning it in.”

However, Viduka made a major recovery from the Achilles problem picked up in the 2-0 loss at home to Chelsea last season which coincided with the end of United’s goal glut.

Now, after recovering from groin trouble, Viduka just wants to rekindle his form and add to his seven goals for the Toon.

He says: “Last year we showed towards the end we could play together with three up front.

“We were a threat to many defences.

“And I’d love to repeat some of that.

“Last season they couldn’t deal with Oba’s pace or Michael Owen’s goalscoring ability and myself as a target man.”

Guest firetotheworks

Hasn't he said that before? Owen said it too.

Good luck with that lads, have you seen who the manager is?

I wonder if at any point they'll form a mutiny and start playing that way without JFK knowing about it. Its not like he'll notice. Of course it means theyll all need to be on at once.

Let's play fantasy football for a moment:

Call me crazy, but a midfield three of Nolan - Butt - Jonas would excite the pants off me if we played that formation again, simply for how much more it could potentially offer than Geremi - Butt - Barton. Quicker and harder working on both sides of Butt, who many benefit again from having more cover in there and from having to do less running. I honestly think Jonas could be lethal in that position, as Barton saw a lot of the ball during that spell but didn't really take much advantage of the space he had and was obviously incapable of beating a man. I suppose most will say "R. Taylor - Nolan - Jonas" due to their hatred of Nicky Butt and his poor recent form and I wouldn't be averse to that being given a try either. We'd retain the set-piece threat that Geremi offered then, while having Taylor in positions to get the ball in like Gezza did last season.

Obviously the sticking point is who plays the Owen role while he's out... probably Smith or Duff I would imagine, which wouldn't be quite as effective... but you'd still have Oba and the Duke up there to cover for that loss.

In reality: Viduka will break down again or even if he doesn't Smith/Ameobi would get picked ahead of him, JFK would probably never play 4-3-3 and it's all just a load of bollocks really as there'll no doubt be other injuries to key players to cock up even the vague hope of it.

Seriously though, it appears the attacking players in particular believe in that system (do they just want to start?) from what Owen, Martins and Viduka have said about it and we're hardly pulling up trees with 4-4-2 and only one good winger.

Call me crazy, but a midfield three of Nolan - Butt - Jonas would excite the pants off me if we played that formation again, simply for how much more it could potentially offer than Geremi - Butt - Barton. Quicker and harder working on both sides of Butt, who many benefit again from having more cover in there and from having to do less running. I honestly think Jonas could be lethal in that position, as Barton saw a lot of the ball during that spell but didn't really take much advantage of the space he had and was obviously incapable of beating a man. I suppose most will say "R. Taylor - Nolan - Jonas" due to their hatred of Nicky Butt and his poor recent form and I wouldn't be averse to that being given a try either. We'd retain the set-piece threat that Geremi offered then, while having Taylor in positions to get the ball in like Gezza did last season.

Obviously the sticking point is who plays the Owen role while he's out... probably Smith or Duff I would imagine, which wouldn't be quite as effective... but you'd still have Oba and the Duke up there to cover for that loss.

In reality: Viduka will break down again or even if he doesn't Smith/Ameobi would get picked ahead of him, JFK would probably never play 4-3-3 and it's all just a load of bollocks really as there'll no doubt be other injuries to key players to cock up even the vague hope of it.

Don't man. I can't take being optimistic again. :(

You'll notice I tailed off severely towards the end :lol:

Harper

Taylor     Colocinni     Bassong     Enrique

R. Taylor        Butt      Jonas

Nolan

Viduka     Martins

It's fucking awful having to choose between Butt, Duff and Smith like! I've gone for Butty as he'll no doubt be captain and Nolan might come to life given the freedom of that role (knows where the goal is, even moreso in comparison to playing Duff/Smith in there).

In reality I haven't a clue what Joe considers his best team or his favourite players and couldn't even begin to predict a starting XI if he had the whole squad fit and available for selection. I just know Xisco wouldn't get picked.

That was just a temporary measure with the players we currently have available. A genuine first XI would see me pick Beye in for S. Taylor, put Owen in for Butt and swap him with Nolan. I'd stick Barton in for R. Taylor on the right.

Krul, S. Taylor, R. Taylor, Butt, Guthrie, Lovenkrands & Ameobi would be the subs, which starts to show the paucity of the squad.

Harper

R. Taylor        Butt       Jonas

Nolan

Viduka     Martins

It's f***ing awful having to choose between Butt, Duff and Smith like! I've gone for Butty as he'll no doubt be captain and Nolan might come to life given the freedom of that role (knows where the goal is, even moreso in comparison to playing Duff/Smith in there).

Perhaps:

---------------------Harper-------------------

Raylor-----Coloccini----Bassong----Enrique

Lov-----------------Butt-------------Jonas

-----------------Nolan----------------

------------Viduka----Martins

Offers pace and could make opposing defenders think twice.

Guest Heneage

That was just a temporary measure with the players we currently have available. A genuine first XI would see me pick Beye in for S. Taylor, put Owen in for Butt and swap him with Nolan. I'd stick Barton in for R. Taylor on the right.

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. Realistically, if you go onto the summer, if we could get a midfielder with good physicality, I'm thinking in the mould of Diarra, we could have a cracking little team on the go.

Harper

R. Taylor        Butt       Jonas

Nolan

Viduka     Martins

It's fucking awful having to choose between Butt, Duff and Smith like! I've gone for Butty as he'll no doubt be captain and Nolan might come to life given the freedom of that role (knows where the goal is, even moreso in comparison to playing Duff/Smith in there).

That looks like quite a good XI, and now all three of our strikers have said that they preferred the 4-3-3 system from last year. Shame none of them is a playing manager, tbh.

--------------------------harper---------------------

s. taylor------ coloccini ----- bassong ------enrique

r. taylor ----------------nolan------------------- jonas

-------------------------martins---------------------------

--------------viduka----------------lovenkrands---------

r. taylor crossing from the right, nolan controlling the middle, jonas cutting in from the left, lovenkrands and martins having the pace to get on the knockdowns from viduka's hold up play  :pow:

probably never happen like

I must admit to forgetting completely about Lovenkrands :-[

Still an unknown quantity like, but you'd hope he could "do" the Martins role in that formation to a certain extent. Wouldn't be in my first XI.

--------------------------harper---------------------

s. taylor------ coloccini ----- bassong ------enrique

r. taylor ----------------nolan------------------- jonas

-------------------------martins---------------------------

--------------viduka----------------lovenkrands---------

r. taylor crossing from the right, nolan controlling the middle, jonas cutting in from the left, lovenkrands and martins having the pace to get on the knockdowns from viduka's hold up play  :pow:

probably never happen like

Wouldn't that mean Martins would need to have a footballing brain to play in that role?

Lovenkrands is apparently at his most effective on the left side of a front 3. If he still has half the pace he had at Rangers him and Martins would be a scary prospect for defenders to face.

Lovenkrands is apparently at his most effective on the left side of a front 3. If he still has half the pace he had at Rangers him and Martins would be a scary prospect for defenders to face.

Nothing wrong with your post, but it's a sad state how much emphasis pace and physical attributes has on the modern game.