Man U to make Owen bid

Guest smoggeordie

Lets be serious, £12 million and we should snap their hands off

Erm, why? If I could trust us to spend that money wisely I might be more inclined to agree with you but even so I wouldn't want him to go.

Owen is consistantly injured, dont get me wrong, right now with no bid he is our savour, but a bid of £12million is a loss of £5million, yet it takes £110k off the wage bill every week. Martins is our main man now, hes playing in a s*** team all season, he is on the brink of 20 goals, he rarely gets injured, HE is the man we need to build this team around, with £12million we could sign another striker who will get 20 goals or more a season but wont be injured half as much as Owen. Look at the facts, Owen has been here 2 years and has made something like 11 appearences, THAT IS SHOCKING, world class or not we dont need a player who costs us so much money every week when he doesnt play. Like i said right now Owen is coming back and he is our saviour, but with his injury record, and with the fact that in a year and a half he is a free agent, plus the fact that he could jump to Liverpool any second, all these facts mean that right now if we got £12 million for him we should be laughing!

I understand the whole Roeder thing, but lets not forget Roeder gave us Martins, im not defending Roeder or anything, but the fact that he gave us Martins makes me trust him somewhat in the transfer window in regards to buying a striker.

Dont get me wrong btw, im a huge Owen fan and i love him being here, but £12million, guys i just cant stop thinking that his contract is up in 2 years and that he might stall on signing a new one. If we lost him to a free transfer id be gutted, even next summer clubs would be reluctant to bid high for him due to his contract ending. If this is true this will be the highest we will get for him should he want to leave, i think Shepherd needs to talk to Owen, find out weither or not he will sign a new deal. If not then sell.

Any idiot who knows anything about football abroad knew Martins was a good fast player for a few years now.  It was probably nothing to do with Roeder or our dumb scout. It was Emre saw Roeder crying into his cornflakes about needing a striker who then told the club about Martins.

so everyone knew,doesn't that make roeder very good for beating them all to his signature.as for trying to make out that it was only cos emre told roeder. any proof of this or are you a bare faced liar ?

Erm, why? If I could trust us to spend that money wisely I might be more inclined to agree with you but even so I wouldn't want him to go.

Owen is consistantly injured, dont get me wrong, right now with no bid he is our savour, but a bid of £12million is a loss of £5million, yet it takes £110k off the wage bill every week. Martins is our main man now, hes playing in a s*** team all season, he is on the brink of 20 goals, he rarely gets injured, HE is the man we need to build this team around, with £12million we could sign another striker who will get 20 goals or more a season but wont be injured half as much as Owen. Look at the facts, Owen has been here 2 years and has made something like 11 appearences, THAT IS SHOCKING, world class or not we dont need a player who costs us so much money every week when he doesnt play. Like i said right now Owen is coming back and he is our saviour, but with his injury record, and with the fact that in a year and a half he is a free agent, plus the fact that he could jump to Liverpool any second, all these facts mean that right now if we got £12 million for him we should be laughing!

I understand the whole Roeder thing, but lets not forget Roeder gave us Martins, im not defending Roeder or anything, but the fact that he gave us Martins makes me trust him somewhat in the transfer window in regards to buying a striker.

Dont get me wrong btw, im a huge Owen fan and i love him being here, but £12million, guys i just cant stop thinking that his contract is up in 2 years and that he might stall on signing a new one. If we lost him to a free transfer id be gutted, even next summer clubs would be reluctant to bid high for him due to his contract ending. If this is true this will be the highest we will get for him should he want to leave, i think Shepherd needs to talk to Owen, find out weither or not he will sign a new deal. If not then sell.

Any idiot who knows anything about football abroad knew Martins was a good fast player for a few years now.  It was probably nothing to do with Roeder or our dumb scout. It was Emre saw Roeder crying into his cornflakes about needing a striker who then told the club about Martins.

so everyone knew,doesn't that make roeder very good for beating them all to his signature.as for trying to make out that it was only cos emre told roeder. any proof of this or are you a bare faced liar ?

The word probably in my post sort of makes the barefaced liar bit impossible.  Can I just ask are you related to Roeder ?  As for beating people for his signature, I wasn`t aware there were many clubs looking for a mini striker for 10mill. Liverpool had Kuyt, Chelsea Sheva, Man Utd didn`t want one, Arsenal had just got Walcott for their new small striker. Tottenham Berbatov. I can`t think of many other clubs in the prem with that sort of money. Also anyone knows that prem stars get more money than anywhere else that plays serious football and we pay the most outside the big 4. So how does that make Roeder special?

I would take £12m for Owen as long as we replaced him properly.

Zigic is available for £8m isnt he? We could afford to buy a good defender with the rest and the combined wages would probably still not come to close to what Owen is on!

Without searching through ICNewcastle to prove it, I am 100% sure that Shepherd has already confirmed that there is no "£X million" get out clause in Owen's contract. This was first said around the time we bought Owen. It was in answer to all the tabloid papers who kept saying there was a clause (because they were upset because we bought Owen).

Without searching through ICNewcastle to prove it, I am 100% sure that Shepherd has already confirmed that there is no "£X million" get out clause in Owen's contract. This was first said around the time we bought Owen. It was in answer to all the tabloid papers who kept saying there was a clause (because they were upset because we bought Owen).

Shepherd is saying alot of things but rarely they are true

Guest Phil K

why would we buy for 17mill then give a release clause for 12?

Precisely my point. Either there's no such clause, or Shepherd is even more stupid than I thought he was.

Your point being ?

Of COURSE he's that stupid.

Where have you been for the past few years ?

TBH I doubt he'd ever play for Man U given his Liverpool connections.

He'd be off in a flash.

Owen's always been ruled entirely by his head, not his heart. Think of it from his point of view: apart from CL footie, Manc is fairly close to home, and it would be his last shot at the bigtime in all likelihood.

He wasn't afraid to screw over his lifelong club when Real showed an interest, so why would it be any different at Newcastle?

There is no clause. This is nonsense originally spread by jealous scoucers. However there IS somethng in Owens contract reg Euro football, but it doesn't apply cause he has been injured.

Owen's always been ruled entirely by his head, not his heart. Think of it from his point of view: apart from CL footie, Manc is fairly close to home, and it would be his last shot at the bigtime in all likelihood.

He wasn't afraid to screw over his lifelong club when Real showed an interest, so why would it be any different at Newcastle?

AGREE 100%

AGREE 100%

Wasn't there other problems at Liverpool iirc?

The word probably in my post sort of makes the barefaced liar bit impossible.  Can I just ask are you related to Roeder ?  As for beating people for his signature, I wasn`t aware there were many clubs looking for a mini striker for 10mill. Liverpool had Kuyt, Chelsea Sheva, Man Utd didn`t want one, Arsenal had just got Walcott for their new small striker. Tottenham Berbatov. I can`t think of many other clubs in the prem with that sort of money. Also anyone knows that prem stars get more money than anywhere else that plays serious football and we pay the most outside the big 4. So how does that make Roeder special?

the phrase "it was" makes me think that you want people to believe your silly story,and didn't valencia want him

Sell if theres any truth. Hell go on to be a success no doubt, but were not in a position to afford the luxury of an injury prone 15mill striker when the rest of the squad isnt up to scratch, worryingly thin, and shorn of quality.

If were going to have such a striker in the team, at least make sure hes not a crock. Splash it all on Tevez or Huntelaar I say, or offer Barca their money back on Gudjohen, id bet theyd snap our hands off as hes a bit part player for them and hasnt really slotted in to Barca's playing style as well as expected. All players who might not be in the same class as Owen in terms of goalscoring, but would be more reliable for us to build around.

Sell if theres any truth. Hell go on to be a success no doubt, but were not in a position to afford the luxury of an injury prone 15mill striker when the rest of the squad isnt up to scratch, worryingly thin, and shorn of quality.

If were going to have such a striker in the team, at least make sure hes not a crock. Splash it all on Tevez or Huntelaar I say, or offer Barca their money back on Gudjohen, id bet theyd snap our hands off as hes a bit part player for them. All players who might not be in the same class as Owen in terms of goalscoring, but would be more reliable for us to build around.

What sort of guarantee do you have that Tevez, Huntelaar or Gudjohnsson would be injury free if they signed for us?

We should be looking for £20m for him. When you think we bought him for £17m, he's given us jack shit in the way of service AND we've had to shell out for his medical costs. To break even £17m outlay and £3m medical costs would be the minimum we'd need to achieve to sell him.

Taking an £8m loss is madness, we might as well keep him, let his earn his reputation again with a couple of years worth of good goal returns and then take a lesser hit if we have to get rid. At least that way, it'd be on OUR terms.

£12m - they can get to fuck.

We should be looking for £20m for him. When you think we bought him for £17m, he's given us jack shit in the way of service AND we've had to shell out for his medical costs. To break even £17m outlay and £3m medical costs would be the minimum we'd need to achieve to sell him.

Taking an £8m loss is madness, we might as well keep him, let his earn his reputation again with a couple of years worth of good goal returns and then take a lesser hit if we have to get rid. At least that way, it'd be on OUR terms.

£12m - they can get to fuck.

Within a couple of years he will walk away on a bosman free!

We wont get more than we paid for him, If Man United didn't want him for £16m they arent going to buy him for £20m after a couple of years out.

There is no clause. This is nonsense originally spread by jealous scoucers. However there IS somethng in Owens contract reg Euro football, but it doesn't apply cause he has been injured.

you guess. cos you don't fucking KNOW any of that.

for what its worth i can't see him staying here for the rest of his contract. or that he has any drive to stay here to 'pay us back'.thats a load of shit. 

If were going to have such a striker in the team, at least make sure hes not a crock. Splash it all on Tevez or Huntelaar I say, or offer Barca their money back on Gudjohen, id bet theyd snap our hands off as hes a bit part player for them. All players who might not be in the same class as Owen in terms of goalscoring, but would be more reliable for us to build around.

What sort of guarantee do you have that Tevez, Huntelaar or Gudjohnsson would be injury free if they signed for us?

No guarantees, but compare their injury record to that of Owen's.