Players in public

Guest hindu times

A load of the lads are at the RVI visiting the children's ward. :aww:

A mate of mine who's a paramedic there posted a pic of herself with Shola on Facebook. Someone commented 'I thought Mandela was dead'. Plain bizarre.

A mate of mine who's a paramedic there posted a pic of herself with Shola on Facebook. Someone commented 'I thought Mandela was dead'. Plain bizarre.

That is absurd, there is a strange sort of primitive obsession with skin colour with some people in the north east, like it is some form of novelty.

The thing is though, in fairness to the guy, it is a very witty comment. The sort you'd kick yourself for not saying later. For me it never even registered that Shola Ameobi and Nelson Mandela, who died recently, were of a similar skin colour and wouldn't have conceived putting the two together in such a jocular context.

That is absurd, there is a strange sort of primitive obsession with skin colour with some people in the north east, like it is some form of novelty.

north east ?

No more so, and probably even less, than some other parts of the country/world at large.

Shola Ameobi in John Lewis dinnertime today.

He was already carrying a John Lewis carrier bag when he walked in and went upstairs so assume he was taking something back.

He ain't half thin up close mind.

Might have been shoplifting.

Guest firetotheworks

Just saw Steve Stone in Marks and Spencer's and without thinking went "We gonna win at the weekend, Steve?" and while he was in the middle of saying "I certainly hope so!" I butted in and went "We BETTER!"

That's now the third time that I've embarrassed myself in front of footballers, after continuously dropping my pen in front of Peter Beardsley in Asda and telling Peter Ramage that I didn't want to speak to speak to him, but thanked him for trying.

I go in with the right intentions, but just come across as needlessly aggressive.

Shola Ameobi in John Lewis dinnertime today.

He was already carrying a John Lewis carrier bag when he walked in and went upstairs so assume he was taking something back.

He ain't half thin up close mind.

Are you sure it wasn't Sammy?

Just saw Steve Stone in Marks and Spencer's and without thinking went "We gonna win at the weekend, Steve?" and while he was in the middle of saying "I certainly hope so!" I butted in and went "We BETTER!"

That's now the third time that I've embarrassed myself in front of footballers, after continuously dropping my pen in front of Peter Beardsley in Asda and telling Peter Ramage that I didn't want to speak to speak to him, but thanked him for trying.

I go in with the right intentions, but just come across as needlessly aggressive.

:lol: :lol: Fucking hell.

There's being rude then there's just being a complete arsehole, he should have put his head through you.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, because that's exactly what happened. :rolleyes:

The intention was to say 'I don't want to disturb you (because he was on a night out), but thank you for the effort that you put in for Newcastle' (he'd just gone to QPR) but it came out wrong and instead of saying 'I don't want to disturb you' I said 'I don't want to talk to you and instead of saying 'thanks for the effort you put in for Newcastle', I just said 'but thanks for trying', I went back over a minute later when I realised that it sounded completely different and he said he knew what I meant in the first place.