Players in public

Guest hindu times

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a few gooduns in my time around the toon - once bumped into a few of the lads in Tiger Tiger VIP bit - Obafemi Martins, Damien Duff and Guiseppe Rossi - I said to Duff (he'd just signed for us and was a bit of a coup) "I never thought I'd see you up here" and he looked stony-faced and said "No me neither".

I once walked behind Albert Luque talking to someone (possibly his mam) on the phone in Spanish near the Civic Centre.

Met Olivier Bernard once outside Grainger Market and again a few years later when he was working as a translator for the club's French contingent.

Nile Ranger used to hang out with his pals on Northumberland Street a lot always in the same place hassling women and saying "brrrap brrap" a lot - also used to see him in Aspers a fair few times just trying to look cool.

Not a toon player but best one was when I spotted Andrea Pirlo in Rome airport once and got my picture taken with him and tried to convince him to sign for the toon but he didn't speak English and just said "yes, yes" to all my ramblings. 

And also had my picture taken with Chris Hughton in Jesmond Tesco when I shamelessly accosted him as he was getting his milk  :lol:

Was sitting in a rural pub in Scotland a few year ago with my toon top on. Old fella and his wife sitting near by.

Old fella: A'up lad, Newcastle fans are you?"

Me: "Aye mate, for better or for worse."

Him: "What do you think of Alan Smith?"

Me: "He's shite."

Him "I'm his grandad."

Gutted. Spent the next hour back tracking and talking about his grandsons playing career etc. Was a lovely bloke and didn't take it personally. Bought me a pint actually.

As for players who played for us - met Hatem ben Arfa at Newcastle airport during his injury, Ryan Taylor and Dan Gosling together at Osaka in town once, Joey Barton in Manchester city center, as well as seen Jak Alnwick but didn't see the point of approaching him lol