Players in public

Guest hindu times

Raylor in Fenwicks last saturday with 3 of his bessie scouse mates.

Ireland top of osborne road the other week in a suprisingly tastefully coloured Porsche.

Ranger in a Range with the number plate R4NGER (or something to that effect) trying to get a parking space in the disabled/parent and child area in the Byker Morrisons last night.

Guest icemanblue

According to sources, Coloccini and Enrique are both currently in Nando's

I'm not interested unless there are huge claims that they're there.

Not one of ours, and not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but really outstanding:

Read this one on another forum. Thought it was nice.

The nicest 'celebrity' I've ever served was a young footballer. Strange to associate footballers with manners, I know.

He walked towards me, and as somebody who's son is a fan of the team he plays for I knew who he was as soon as he spoke to me.

At a hundred miles an hour and clearly flustered he said "I was wondering please if you could help me Miss. Do you sell - I'm sorry, I cannot pronounce it in English. Tagleeeteeelea. I'm sorry. That doesn't sound right. I can write it for you.....oh but my spelling not so good either. Is OK. Thank you anyway."

I quickly reassured him I knew what he wanted and I'd show him where it was.

The whole walk around to the pasta aisle he apologised for not being able to find it himself, for 'troubling' me and even for his pronunciation.

When we got there it was like I'd taken him to a case of buried treasure. his face lit up and he said 'Oh this is it. Yes! Thank you so very much Miss.'

Then he pulled out a 5 pound note and said 'for you'

I laughed and asked him what it was for and he said 'A tip. Because you help me so much.' When i explained that we can't accept tips and it's not generally customary to even be offered them, he blushed and said he was confused with tipping because it's very different where he's from - but to know that he was very grateful.

I finally told him I knew who he was and that my son was a fan. He was very pleased, and we talked for a few moments about his team and then we said our goodbyes.

I told my son when I got home and his face lit up, although he was annoyed at me for not getting an autograph! I didn't even think to ask!

The next day though, I was called by name to the customer service desk - and who stood there but my mystery footballer. He must have read the name on my badge. It turned out that he'd brought my son a signed shirt and even brought an unsigned photo with him so that he could dedicate it personally to my son once he'd asked me for his name.

Truly nice person.

His name? Most of you probably won't have heard of him. Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez.

Always makes me feel better to read this kind of thing.

Not one of ours, and not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but really outstanding:

Read this one on another forum. Thought it was nice.

The nicest 'celebrity' I've ever served was a young footballer. Strange to associate footballers with manners, I know.

He walked towards me, and as somebody who's son is a fan of the team he plays for I knew who he was as soon as he spoke to me.

At a hundred miles an hour and clearly flustered he said "I was wondering please if you could help me Miss. Do you sell - I'm sorry, I cannot pronounce it in English. Tagleeeteeelea. I'm sorry. That doesn't sound right. I can write it for you.....oh but my spelling not so good either. Is OK. Thank you anyway."

I quickly reassured him I knew what he wanted and I'd show him where it was.

The whole walk around to the pasta aisle he apologised for not being able to find it himself, for 'troubling' me and even for his pronunciation.

When we got there it was like I'd taken him to a case of buried treasure. his face lit up and he said 'Oh this is it. Yes! Thank you so very much Miss.'

Then he pulled out a 5 pound note and said 'for you'

I laughed and asked him what it was for and he said 'A tip. Because you help me so much.' When i explained that we can't accept tips and it's not generally customary to even be offered them, he blushed and said he was confused with tipping because it's very different where he's from - but to know that he was very grateful.

I finally told him I knew who he was and that my son was a fan. He was very pleased, and we talked for a few moments about his team and then we said our goodbyes.

I told my son when I got home and his face lit up, although he was annoyed at me for not getting an autograph! I didn't even think to ask!

The next day though, I was called by name to the customer service desk - and who stood there but my mystery footballer. He must have read the name on my badge. It turned out that he'd brought my son a signed shirt and even brought an unsigned photo with him so that he could dedicate it personally to my son once he'd asked me for his name.

Truly nice person.

His name? Most of you probably won't have heard of him. Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez.

Always makes me feel better to read this kind of thing.

f*** me! Stop tearing down my stereotypes for the Man U players.

If that actually happened, my name is Curly Watts.

It reads very like one of those "OMG an Asian man told me not to go into <insert name> shopping centre on <insert date>" urban legends.

Eh, why would somebody go out of their way to make that up though? :lol:

There are plenty of sad fucks on the internet unfortunately.

I'm sure the wee Mexican is a thoroughly pleasant individual, but returning to a shop with an array of gifts for someone who telt him how to find the pasta  :lol: