Players in public

Guest hindu times

My mate reckons Mendieta still lives in Yarm, and as a hobby takes care of the Yarm Cricket Club's wicket. :lol:

i'm still kinda wishing mendieta signs up with gatesheed and lights up the non-leagues

Haha, has he been linked like? I remember when he retired he said he wanted to stay in the region and play for a lower league club.

Guest the_guv_nor

Seen Joey Barton driving down whitley road a few days ago while on his mobile. usually see him driving down chilli road on his phone, dunno what is so important that he cant wait till he gets home or to the training ground!

Guest Mantis

Seen Joey Barton driving down whitley road a few days ago while on his mobile. usually see him driving down chilli road on his phone, dunno what is so important that he cant wait till he gets home or to the training ground!

See him reglularly going to/from training. Always, without fail, on the phone.  Not the only one though.  Cant believe they cant be arsed to have an in car blue tooth system installed.  Just proves footballers are just like a lot of ordinary folk who dont give a fcuk about anyone else when driving

With reference to Taylor being at the flicks acting like a gayer, I thought it was common knowledge now.

Guest Heneage

With reference to Taylor being at the flicks acting like a gayer, I thought it was common knowledge now.

Is he as gay as: Darren Ambrose, Craig Bellamy & Matty Taylor who were all at one point hanging out of Will Youngs arse.

Lesson one; Libel.

Guest toonlass

Is he as gay as: Darren Ambrose, Craig Bellamy & Matty Taylor who were all at one point hanging out of Will Youngs arse.

Lesson one; Libel.

Lesson two; defamation of character.

You don't sue for libel, you sue for defamation of character.

Lesson one; Libel.

I'm no law expert but as far as I'm aware in defamation law libel refers to defamation in print, written communication etc and slander to the spoken word.

Guest toonlass

Lesson one; Libel.

I'm no law expert but as far as I'm aware in defamation law libel refers to defamation in print, written communication etc and slander to the spoken word.

That is true but if you were suing for something that was libelous it would be a case of defamation of character.

Do not post false or speculative statements about the personal lives of public figures.  These claims can get newcastle-online into legal trouble that we'd like to avoid.  To be clear:

THIS WOULD BE OK: "I saw Joe Striker in Greggs and he was eating a cheese pasty."

NOT OK: "I saw Joe Striker in Greggs. He is gay."

NOT OK, but FUNNY FOR US: "I saw Joe Striker in Greggs and I know from personal experience that he is gay."

Posting libelous claims will result in a 4 week ban.