ManU vs Milan, Kaka vs Ronaldo

tmonkey
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leazes, people can post any opinion they like, because that's exactly what they are, opinions. Everyone has them, not everyone agrees. I couldn't give a s*** who agrees/disagrees with me, it's not my site and I don't dictate what is allowed on it.

With comments like 'bugger off back to Bulgaria' you appear to be saying this person is not allowed to challenge your opinion. Constant references to his country and number of matches attended etc suggest you can't accept his right to an opinion because of where he lives. Ludicrous. :lol:

Congratulations Dave. He thinks we should spend big money on a left back rather than a forward. I think that is bollocks, and that is based on the fact that I have watched the team, as I have done for over 40 years, and can draw on this experience to give a view.

And the problem with that is what exactly ?

Aye a left back would have got us all 3 points against Chelsea on sunday  :lol:

Or would have opened up Arsenal the other week or Wigan away, maybe even the Charlton home game  :lol:

It depends if you're looking long term, next season we should have Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Sibierski, Dyer and Carroll all capable of playing up front, yet at left back we'll be able to select from Babayaro, Bernard( ???) Ramage or Carr.

Although we really need a LB, RB, CB, attacking midfielder and a striker.

Aye a striker would have kept out the goals Birmingham scored in the Cup. :lol:

Or would have kept out...

Ad infinitum. ;)

Not in one bit arsed about going out of the cup. Not a great example Dave. Dont really remember being the better side from an attacking/goalscoring and hence 'deserving' point of view and losing the game all that often.

We played better than Man city in midfield but created fuck all. They wouldnt have won if we had got the first goal.

Fact is we've not even tried to build from the back for fucking ages. Compare the time, effort and money spent on attacking players with that spent on defensive players and it's just not even close. I'd like to see us work with a settled, steady footing for a change.

Fact is we've not even tried to build from the back for fucking ages. Compare the time, effort and money spent on attacking players with that spent on defensive players and it's just not even close. I'd like to see us work with a settled, steady footing for a change.

Hear hear.

Sneaky edit Chez. :)

Although I could give examples of games where we shot ourselves in the foot from decent positions with piss-poor defending, could I not?

Truth is we need a few positions looking at. Striking is definitely one area, as is defending. And midfield. Keeping is alright though. :lol:

100% agreed. Unfortunately we missed the boat with Aimar ans van der Vaart when they went for fuck all last summer to the European giants of Zaragoza and Hamburg respectively. (€11m and €5m) If only we had more than 1 full time scout...... :rolleyes:

Were you one of those who backed Souness when he got rid of the "cancer" in the club ? Once a bad judge, always a bad judge.

Where as you said Souness was better than Keegan, only to act like a tart when Wullie dug it 2 years later.

"I didn't say that! I was pissed! I said it as a joke! Somebody edited my posts!"

On the contrary, you could dig up about 200 quotes that leazesmag said which were the direct opposite of that quote.

What does that tell you ?

Those intelligent people on toontastic, who have a track record of editing peoples posts, posting people's photographs, and posting personal details of posters.....

I would say only a big tart would bother looking for such things, that are 2 years old, without even mentioning editing them, as clearly if LeazesMag had been aware of them he would have changed them, having made all the other posts that he did which are the total opposite.

Never mind. I don't suppose he's too bothered. At least it showed how shite a message board it is, and what a bunch of wankers run it, or maybe just one wanker. Who knows.

Divvent bother mentioning this again Baggio mate, its not really fair dragging other boards into this, like you do on here, the mods have asked you to stop. If you want to drag it up with me, then feel free to do it on howaythetoon, as I won't do it on here again.

Leazes, people can post any opinion they like, because that's exactly what they are, opinions. Everyone has them, not everyone agrees. I couldn't give a s*** who agrees/disagrees with me, it's not my site and I don't dictate what is allowed on it.

With comments like 'bugger off back to Bulgaria' you appear to be saying this person is not allowed to challenge your opinion. Constant references to his country and number of matches attended etc suggest you can't accept his right to an opinion because of where he lives. Ludicrous. :lol:

Congratulations Dave. He thinks we should spend big money on a left back rather than a forward. I think that is bollocks, and that is based on the fact that I have watched the team, as I have done for over 40 years, and can draw on this experience to give a view.

Or would have opened up Arsenal the other week or Wigan away, maybe even the Charlton home game  :lol:

It depends if you're looking long term, next season we should have Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Sibierski, Dyer and Carroll all capable of playing up front, yet at left back we'll be able to select from Babayaro, Bernard( ???) Ramage or Carr.

I agree, we've missed Ameobi and Owen so much this season. The difference between 40 odd at this point in the season and 50 odd in my very humblest of opinions.

LB is a priority but so is the AM and striker. Dyer + Sib = very few prem goals. Carrol is still raw  ???  :o  :lol:

On the back of the best defensive performance of the season you'll forgive me for disagreeing.

On the back of the best defensive performance of the season you'll forgive me for disagreeing.

With a winger at right back, a youngster thrown in at centre back alongside a guy who's probably off in the summer and a past-it right back at left back?

FWIW, imo, three of the best young players in the world who have proven that they can dominate/change a game on many occasions and have done the business this season and the last are Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi.

Unfortunately, NE5, Rooney doesn't make the list. And it's not because of any 'agenda' or 'bias' that I have against the boy. I think he's talented and has all the tools needed to succeed, but succeed he certainly has not. This was supposed to be his breakout season, the one where he dominates the Premiership and takes over from Thierry Henry as the best all round striker. Has he done that? Fuck no. He's done okay, but severely underachieved if one considers the expectations placed on him by the typically sensationalist English media and of course the hordes of fans who expect him to be the saviour of the English game, a category I'm putting you in. He's not there yet, mate. Maybe one day he will be, but your statement 'Rooney is the best footballer in the country' is not only astonishingly stupid considering the fact that the actual best footballer is his teammate, but it also shows YOUR bias FOR Rooney, something which has been apparent on many an occasion. It's quite funny and ironic that you keep pointing out that because you've been to more games, seen more in football, you know more about the league, football and all that bollocks, yet you're unable to actually see what it seems is apparent to the rest of the world, even to Rooney's own fucking manager, which is that Ronaldo is better than Rooney. I'm not even going to address your previous remarks about form and how that can't be used to judget a player again because I think you're just being a WUM at this point.

With a winger at right back, a youngster thrown in at centre back alongside a guy who's probably off in the summer and a past-it right back at left back?

Not saying it doesnt need looking at. I am talking about what we have missed this season and the real reason we are where we are.

Not saying it doesnt need looking at. I am talking about what we have missed this season and the real reason we are where we are.

Fair enough. I think with a half decent defence we'd have more points, though probably not as many as with Owen in the team.

As I said before though, imo we've shown time and again that the strategy of splashing out on attacking players alone just doesn't work.

Currently, our striking options for next year are pretty limited, but our defensive options are almost non-existant.

Anyway, i'm off to bed. :)

FWIW, imo, three of the best young players in the world who have proven that they can dominate/change a game on many occasions and have done the business this season and the last are Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi.

Unfortunately, NE5, Rooney doesn't make the list. And it's not because of any 'agenda' or 'bias' that I have against the boy. I think he's talented and has all the tools needed to succeed, but succeed he certainly has not. This was supposed to be his breakout season, the one where he dominates the Premiership and takes over from Thierry Henry as the best all round striker. Has he done that? Fuck no. He's done okay, but severely underachieved if one considers the expectations placed on him by the typically sensationalist English media and of course the hordes of fans who expect him to be the saviour of the English game, a category I'm putting you in. He's not there yet, mate. Maybe one day he will be, but your statement 'Rooney is the best footballer in the country' is not only astonishingly stupid considering the fact that the actual best footballer is his teammate, but it also shows YOUR bias FOR Rooney, something which has been apparent on many an occasion. It's quite funny and ironic that you keep pointing out that because you've been to more games, seen more in football, know more about the league and all that bollocks, yet you're unable to actually see what it seems is apparent to the rest of the world, even to Rooney's own fucking manager, which is that Ronaldo is better than Rooney. I'm not even going to address your previous remarks about form and how that can't be used to judget a player again because I think you're just being a WUM at this point.

Utter wank. Setting up your own criteria of him having to be the most superamazinglybrilliant player in the world this season and beating the whole world, then, just because he hasnt done it week in week out you say that someone who thinks he is the best is 'stupid'!!  I have highlighted the clause for you. They are BOTH amazing players ffs. Rooney > Ronaldo tonight in biggest game of season (not against Wigan at home for example)

The constant references to Bulgaria do you no favours NE5.

Well deserved in fact. If he thinks he knows all about NUFC, then its his problem Dave.

You're unbelievable. He never said hes knows all about NUFC or even that he knows more than you. Stop being so fucking elitest and close-minded. Yes, you've been too far more games over far more years than me and NUFC06. Well done. I'm only 20, he's 22. Neither of us live local to Newcastle, in fact NUFC06 lives in another country but that does not mean for a second that we're automatically wrong with whatever we say about the club.

And what on earth exactly are you on about when you accuse me of writing Ronaldo and Luque off after one game (presumably you're talking about the game between us and them at the start of last season)? I haven't actually written Luque off NOW, well I have as an NUFC player, but not altogether - I still think he could do well elsewhere, or even for us under different management.

check back to your previous post, the one where you entered this "debate", and re-write it, if you are really serious about making intelligent debate. Sadly, I don;t think you will, and I don't think you could if you wanted to.

Hold on, you suggested that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the country, did you not? There is just about no-one who agress with that, from his fellow professionals (see PFA awards) to fans up and down the country (general view). Of course it's all about opinion but in terms of modern football very few would regard Rooney as currently the best footballer in the country, and to do so suggests you might be a little out of touch with reality.

You obviously missed the bit - that I even highlighted to make it easier - that suggested "form".

The PFA award is for the best footballer this season or even at the time the vote was cast .....however, what I said was that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer playing in the premiership.

Irrespective of current form.

Learn to read.

And if you don't agree, feel free, but this is my opinion.

Form is only form, but Rooney is the player I personally would buy for Newcastle.

Were you one of those who backed Souness when he got rid of the "cancer" in the club ? Once a bad judge, always a bad judge.

Huh?

Whatever, end of the day you think Rooney is the best footballer in the country which is fair enough, it's your opinion but like Apisith says is one that even the guy's own manager disagrees with. My "out of touch with modern football" comment was over the top I admit but the point still stands.

Unfortunately, NE5, Rooney doesn't make the list. And it's not because of any 'agenda' or 'bias' that I have against the boy. I think he's talented and has all the tools needed to succeed, but succeed he certainly has not. This was supposed to be his breakout season, the one where he dominates the Premiership and takes over from Thierry Henry as the best all round striker. Has he done that? Fuck no. He's done okay, but severely underachieved if one considers the expectations placed on him by the typically sensationalist English media and of course the hordes of fans who expect him to be the saviour of the English game, a category I'm putting you in. He's not there yet, mate. Maybe one day he will be, but your statement 'Rooney is the best footballer in the country' is not only astonishingly stupid considering the fact that the actual best footballer is his teammate, but it also shows YOUR bias FOR Rooney, something which has been apparent on many an occasion. It's quite funny and ironic that you keep pointing out that because you've been to more games, seen more in football, know more about the league and all that bollocks, yet you're unable to actually see what it seems is apparent to the rest of the world, even to Rooney's own fucking manager, which is that Ronaldo is better than Rooney. I'm not even going to address your previous remarks about form and how that can't be used to judget a player again because I think you're just being a WUM at this point.

Utter wank. Setting up your own criteria of him having to be the most superamazinglybrilliant player in the world this season and beating the whole world, then, just because he hasnt done it week in week out you say that someone who thinks he is the best is 'stupid'!!  I have highlighted the clause for you. They are BOTH amazing players ffs. Rooney > Ronaldo tonight in biggest game of season (not against Wigan at home for example)

If he is supposed to be the 'best', shouldn't he be able to perform week in week out? I'm only applying the criteria his fanboys set up for him; fanboys such as NE5 who state he's 'the best footballer in the country' when tbh, he's not. I think he's amazing. I think Ronaldo's amazing. Henry, Gerrard, Drogba, and a few others are as well. But this fact doesn't mean Rooney has lived up to the expectations of his defenders though. He's been inconsistent, imo, while Ronaldo's been the best player in the league with Drogba and Scholes being a distant second.

And we'll see about the biggest game of the season, there'll be a few more games ahead for Manyoo that will be more important than tonight.

I agree, we've missed Ameobi and Owen so much this season. The difference between 40 odd at this point in the season and 50 odd in my very humblest of opinions.

LB is a priority but so is the AM and striker. Dyer + Sib = very few prem goals. Carrol is still raw  ???  :o  :lol:

The thing is players like Dyer and Sibierski are good enough for 4th and 5th choice strikers on most occasions, the problem we've had this season is that Owen has been out for most of it, the games Ameobi has played he's been injured and Oba took the first half of the season to adapt to the Premiership, meaning that we've had to rely on the likes of Sibierski and Dyer week in and week out, I think most (If not all apart from Man Utd) clubs would struggle having 2 of their 3 best strikers out practically all season, look at Arsenal over the last month or so.

The problem is good players that can score goals won't be happy being 3rd or 4th choice at a club like Newcastle.

Where as you said Souness was better than Keegan, only to act like a tart when Wullie dug it 2 years later.

"I didn't say that! I was pissed! I said it as a joke! Somebody edited my posts!"

On the contrary, you could dig up about 200 quotes that leazesmag said which were the direct opposite of that quote.

What does that tell you ?

Those intelligent people on toontastic, who have a track record of editing peoples posts, posting people's photographs, and posting personal details of posters.....

I would say only a big tart would bother looking for such things, that are 2 years old, without even mentioning editing them, as clearly if LeazesMag had been aware of them he would have changed them, having made all the other posts that he did which are the total opposite.

Never mind. I don't suppose he's too bothered. At least it showed how shite a message board it is, and what a bunch of wankers run it, or maybe just one wanker. Who knows.

Divvent bother mentioning this again Baggio mate, its not really fair dragging other boards into this, like you do on here, the mods have asked you to stop. If you want to drag it up with me, then feel free to do it on howaythetoon, as I won't do it on here again.

You know they didn't edit your post so stop being so pathetic.

I sent a rant to Dave from the pub earlier. Genuinely couldn't believe the cheers that went up when Man Utd scored. This is the club who beat us to the title, who Shearer stuck two fingers up at, who beat us 6-2 on our own turf, who we despised for a long time in the 90s and now when they score in the Champions League semi final, a Newcastle pub is cheering them?!?!? What next, cheering the fucking mackems?

I blame the fucking toffee nosed southern student cunts. Send the buggers back tbh.

Guest Gemmill

I sent a rant to Dave from the pub earlier. Genuinely couldn't believe the cheers that went up when Man Utd scored. This is the club who beat us to the title, who Shearer stuck two fingers up at, who beat us 6-2 on our own turf, who we despised for a long time in the 90s and now when they score in the Champions League semi final, a Newcastle pub is cheering them?!?!? What next, cheering the fucking mackems?

I blame the fucking toffee nosed southern student cunts. Send the buggers back tbh.

I wanted Man United to win last night like Wullie.  I'm not one of these that thinks you should want all English clubs to do well in Europe or any of that shit, but we are light years behind them these days, and any "rivalry" I felt we had with them from the 90s is long gone.

Having said that, I wouldn't have cheered one of their goals, although I did have a smile on my face when Rooney wellied the winner in.

I don't quite get all the aggro. If Rooney's not the best, he's certainly one of the best.

A lot of the times I've seen him this season, he's not been playing in his best position, which I think is just behind a main striker. He's been out wide a lot of the time. Last night, he was playing as a lone striker and though he struggled in the first half, by sheer persistence and footballing intelligence, he managed to cause problems. He's matured into a team player, a journey which Ronaldo has only just started.

I also wonder whether the World Cup affected him, in that he's trying to keep the fire in his belly under control. That may have temporarily hurt his confidence, but he'll be the better in the longer run.

Kaka was still better than Ronaldo, did not deserve to be on the losing side, last night really showed that Ronaldo does to much, he hardly ever got any joy trying to pass the full backs, pass it ealry you greedy little fker!!

If he is supposed to be the 'best', shouldn't he be able to perform week in week out? I'm only applying the criteria his fanboys set up for him; fanboys such as NE5 who state he's 'the best footballer in the country' when tbh, he's not. I think he's amazing. I think Ronaldo's amazing. Henry, Gerrard, Drogba, and a few others are as well. But this fact doesn't mean Rooney has lived up to the expectations of his defenders though. He's been inconsistent, imo, while Ronaldo's been the best player in the league with Drogba and Scholes being a distant second.

And we'll see about the biggest game of the season, there'll be a few more games ahead for Manyoo that will be more important than tonight.

Your use of the word 'fanboy' is like using the word 'posterboy', they both make you sound a bit of a twat.

The distance you put between the portuguese lad that you clearly fancy and the rest is ridiculous.

Yes, there will be more important games in the CL, i.e. the final if they make it past Milan. They've got the league sorted, so are you saying the final of the FA cup will be the most important?

Wullie, your english, who would you prefer to be getting the plaudits today? Rooney and Scholes or Kaka and Gilardinio?

Fulham home, Bolton home, Sheff U home were all games crying out for a left back? No, we have very little going forward that eventually average sides score against us. A goal under the pressure that we have mounted in all of these games would have changed the game in our favour, either by putting daylight between us and the opposition and going 2 up or getting a goal when its been a stalemate.

Our limited attacking options have been the problem all season. Its easier to blame the board for that though.

I can give you 2 times more games where our defensive problems,especially the LB position has cost us dearly(AZ,Brimingam,Fulham(h),Bolton(H)This games where the most shocking when it comes to defensive problems).Also the constant rotation of players playing out of position at LB didnt help too much either.

Yes in some of the games our lack of attacking power also contributed about our poor results.

But when you look realisticly in the start of the new season we will have 2 new strikers(Owen and Ameobi).We will have 5 strikers+Dyer

Imo our priority in the summer should be the defence.When i say priority i mean that we should spend around 70% of our budget in that area.On CB's and LB.Also we will need another CM,but i dont think we should be concentrating so much in buying a striker.

Can you all tell me if we buy another striker where exactly he will play???

I want to hear NE5 answer if Owen and Martins are fit the whole season where exactly will this striker play?

Dont answer me with something like Owen cant be fit for a whole season,please!