Kieron Dyer to Spurs???

Martin Lol

Sibierski will be lucky to make the bench (with any luck!).

I don't understand how you could turn down £6m for a crock who earns £80,000 a week when we could get players who are as effective in the amount of games Dyer is on a free or a cheap transfer fee and on about a quarter of the wages.

I don't understand how you could turn down £6m for a crock who earns £80,000 a week when we could get players who are as effective in the amount of games Dyer is on a free or a cheap transfer fee and on about a quarter of the wages.

Sib will make the bench though if we keep selling players like Dyer, we have sufferd to many times due to injuries and a weak squad..

We cant be 100% sure that he is on 80,000 a week

Also his injury problems seems to be over(hopefully)

And the main reason i want to keep him is because he can add alot of pace in the midfield which is important in football.Lennon has been class for spurs and his space was his main quality.

Next season if we play with Duff-Butt(Parker)---Emre(Sidwell)--Milner  i cant see from where we will get some fast attacks

Under SBR one of our best qualities was that we had some very fast players who had pace(Bellamy,Dyer,Robert).

Routledge hasn't looked exactly slow when I have seen him and Solano wasn't exactly rapid in his time here but his football brain made him a better player (like Gera).

Ok he might not be on £80k a week but he is no doubt on a hell of a lot of money and it would be at the very least halved with the signings of the players mentioned before.

Dyer simply earns a lot more than what he contributes to the team. You only need to look at what teams like Spurs and Everton pay their top earners and it makes you uneasy that Dyer quite possibly earns nearly double!

Routledge hasn't looked exactly slow when I have seen him and Solano wasn't exactly rapid in his time here but his football brain made him a better player (like Gera).

Ok he might not be on £80k a week but he is no doubt on a hell of a lot of money and it would be at the very least halved with the signings of the players mentioned before.

Dyer simply earns a lot more than what he contributes to the team. You only need to look at what teams like Spurs and Everton pay their top earners and it makes you uneasy that Dyer quite possibly earns nearly double!

Agree about the money issue

We should ask Freddy why he is earning so much money?

I also cant believe that in the others clubs outside the top 4 the players are earning so little compared with the wages here.

Can someone explain me this fact?

Clubs like Spurs and Everton have wages structures which they wont break. Spurs have bonuses they give to players for any success the club may have which tempt the players to agree to the terms. We basically just offer lots of money so the player can't refuse the offer.

Replcae Dyer with Tuncay on a Bosman.

Ideally though, SWP. If we need goals from midfield, a full season from SWP will get 10+ as a minimum, if hes on form, 15+ easily.

Agree about SWP

He is class

You're not honestly suggesting Routledge?  Extremely inconsistent, chip on his shoulder, will be gone in the summer, almost certainly to Fulham.  That's his level, bottom end of the premiership or good championship.  He's barely into double figures, salarywise as well.

You're not honestly suggesting Routledge?  Extremely inconsistent, chip on his shoulder, will be gone in the summer, almost certainly to Fulham.  That's his level, bottom end of the premiership or good championship.  He's barely into double figures, salarywise as well.

Has looked quite good on the few occasions I have seen him but wasn't aware of any chip on his shoulder. Would have been a decent squad player otherwise imo.

wouldnt surprise me at all if roeder went for swp, he has sniffed around him in the past

hope we stay away from routledge though (sorry gejon)

No worries, wasn't suggesting him as a first choice just a squad player as I think Dyer would/should be if we had a fully fit squad.

Told you it was rubish!!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1017273,00.html

Kieron Going Nowhere Says Gaffer

By Craig Hope

GLENN Roeder has rubbished rumours linking Kieron Dyer with a move away from Gallowgate and has insisted he will be at United next season.

The 28-year-old has enjoyed a consistent run of games this season after finally overcoming a longstanding hamstring problem which was threatening to curtail his career.

And gaffer Roeder has laughed suggestions the England midfielder will be sold in the summer.

The 51-year-old boss told nufc.co.uk: "Kieron has had more stops than starts but now he has proved himself fully fit again and had a long run of uniterrupted games.

"So why on earth would I want to lose Kieron Dyer after spending so much time with him to get him over his injuries and them allow him to leave.

"He is a huge player for us, he can open up defences and no-one can run better at pace with the ball.

"He is a big asset to Newcastle United and I'm certain he will be playing for us next season.

"The story is total non-sense."

Has looked quite good on the few occasions I have seen him but wasn't aware of any chip on his shoulder. Would have been a decent squad player otherwise imo.

Thought he showed a bit of promise, although erratic, when he was on loan at Pompey but hasn't hit those heights this season.  He's been disruptive at Spurs though.  I think the fact that he has been out on loan for practically 2 seasons tells its own story.

I reckon Dyer would be a hit at Spurs. He's gone stale here, in fact he went stale here ages ago.

I don't think his heart has been at the Club since we sold Bellamy/Jenas and with the impending release of his mate Bramble he probably see's it as the perfect time to pack his bags.

The key to whether or not he'd be a success at Spurs is twofold, his hunger to succeed and his fitness.

I think he'd want to prove himself, so the hunger would be there but his fitness will always be a doubt.

Make no mistake though, for us, to sell him one of next seasons UEFA spot chasing rivals, is a risk.

That said the club need to decide if they take the calculated gamble (due to his silly wages, shite attitude and injury history) or do they keep him to hinder Spurs' ability to push on. I'd like to use the money to bring in Giles Barnes, personnally.

I don't like Dyer, to be honest, but I do think he CAN be a matchwinner but not nearly often enough and not nearly consistently enough for us. If he fancies it down there though, he will strenghthen them no end and he fits better into their side than ours.

If pushed I would sell him but, for all he's a cock, he can (and IMO probably will) improve them no end IF he stays fit.

Sods law says we keep him and he gets injured in a daft pre-season friendly at Hartlepool or somewhere or we sell him and he plays 35 games a year for the next seasons.

SELL SELL SELL. A bidding War between Villa and Spurs would be nice 6-8m ?, take anything over 5m. Surely we can get a quick youngster on alot less than half Dyers 4.2m a year wages who will not be the unproffessional crock that he is, its probably our last chance to get decent money for him. I suspect if there's any truth to these rumours, it has something to do with him thinking he's a central midfielder (when he's clearly a RW). Let some other club find this out to their detriment.

Try and get a quality player in return i.e. Barry, Berbatov, SWP.

£6M and 80,000k off of the wage bill?  O0

Should put whatever we would get for him towards Giles Barnes.

Barnes is a very good shout and a lot better than my Routledge idea :D From what I have seen/heard he can play anywhere in midfield or attack and will add some height to the team.

SELL SELL SELL. A bidding War between Villa and Spurs would be nice 6-8m ?, take anything over 5m. Surely we can get a quick youngster on alot less than half Dyers 4.2m a year wages who will not be the unproffessional crock that he is, its probably our last chance to get decent money for him. I suspect if there's any truth to these rumours, it has something to do with him thinking he's a central midfielder (when he's clearly a RW). Let some other club find this out to their detriment.

Try and get a quality player in return i.e. Barry, Berbatov, SWP.

Where on earth have Villa been linked with Dyer? If he's a central midfielder, then that's no use, we need a holding midfielder. If he's a RW, then that's no use, as we've just bought Ashley Young who can play there as well as elsewhere, and have Agbonlahor to play in that position. Dyer is precisely the kind of player we don't need at the moment.

And, I can't speak for Spurs or Chelsea fans, but they're probably about as likely to give you Berbatov or SWP in exchange as we are to give you Barry!

wouldnt surprise me at all if roeder went for swp, he has sniffed around him in the past

hope we stay away from routledge though (sorry gejon)

SWP = Bridge = A boat that has already sailed... Neither of them are leaving Chelsea this summer unless a new manager comes in and boots them.

As if being linked to a move for Dyer wasn't funny enough...

Agent: Corradi leaving Man City

tribalfooball.com - April 27, 2007

The agent of Bernardo Corradi admits the striker will leave Manchester City in the summer.

Corradi has been linked with Tottenham in the Italian press this week and his agent, Moreno Roggi, said: "Bernardo will surely leave Manchester, but I don't know if he will go to Tottenham. In any case, there has never been anything concrete."

What are they smoking at WHL?  :laugh: