Reading 1-0 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

The way Roeder booted off down the tunnel was/wasn't good, depending on how you view it. Nice.

Blimey. Maybe he was going to give the players a jolly good talking to. I've heard that he doesn't like to unleash the beast, but will read the riot act when required: i.e. every other match so far this season.

Acknowledgement of the fans would have been nice. Newcastle to Reading and back in an evening is a long trip. Especially after that shower of shite.

Steven Taylor - 7 - Has a big future ahead of him. Defended for the whole back-line. Brilliant season he has had.

I agree there. Anything under 7 is very harsh for Taylor. As you said, he had to do his own work and almost all of Titus'.

The way Roeder booted off down the tunnel was/wasn't good, depending on how you view it. Nice.

Easy reason to have a bite, but you contrast that with Billy Davies yesterday.

His side played ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICALLY SHITE, much like ours did, and yet he spent ATLEAST five minutes, going over to the supporters (who'd been fucking awesome all afternoon, like ours, we outsung them tbh) - and applauding them till he was pink in the face.

Like i say, easy thing to have a go at, but these things count.

I thought he could have at least shown them some thanks for travelling down on a Monday night to witness that surrender.

I know, i'm agreeing with you.

I would say that had more to do with the breakdown of the rest of the team, tbh. He's an out-and-out striker, so if he's not getting good balls put into him, he's not going to be in it.

point taken but its his 1st game back after injury surely he shouldnae b forced into playin that long when there was other options

His side played ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICALLY SHITE, much like ours did, and yet he spent ATLEAST five minutes, going over to the supporters (who'd been fucking awesome all afternoon, like ours, we outsung them tbh) - and applauding them till he was pink in the face.

I thought he could have at least shown them some thanks for travelling down on a Monday night to witness that surrender.

Guest smoggeordie

His side played ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICALLY s****, much like ours did, and yet he spent ATLEAST five minutes, going over to the supporters (who'd been f****** awesome all afternoon, like ours, we outsung them tbh) - and applauding them till he was pink in the face.

I know, i'm agreeing he's poo.

I agree with both of you. :)

So do i.

Guest smoggeordie

His side played ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICALLY s****, much like ours did, and yet he spent ATLEAST five minutes, going over to the supporters (who'd been f****** awesome all afternoon, like ours, we outsung them tbh) - and applauding them till he was pink in the face.

So do i.

So do I

Guest BooBoo

Never have i wanted NUFC to lose but a poor result on Saturday would be (like the home defeat to the tramps that time in the rain) the best thing in the long run. A mass walkout and snubbing of the team after an awful season would push fat boy closer to giving Roeder the bullet and hopefully giving Allardyce a go.

Christ, every time i see Clarky, Terry Mac and Pearson on the bench with Roeder is like a bad joke gone wrong.

Guest Bringbackkeegan

I have to say that I am utterly Disappointed in the performance that newcastle displayed today.

I have supported Newcastle since i knew what football was and this has to be the worst season newcastle has had for a long time.

With Sam Allardyce now on the market for a new club and Newcastle in serious need of a new manager Roeder should be given the boot. we should NOT pass up on the opportunity of a life time and see Allardyce go to one of our opponents

This is now getting like the "Ruud Gullit" era, Wanting the team to loose so we can get rid of a Manager, The board should grow a back bone and get rid of useless merchadise

Never have i wanted NUFC to lose but a poor result on Saturday would be (like the home defeat to the tramps that time in the rain) the best thing in the long run. A mass walkout and snubbing of the team after an awful season would push fat boy closer to giving Roeder the bullet and hopefully giving Allardyce a go.

Christ, every time i see Clarky, Terry Mac and Pearson on the bench with Roeder is like a bad joke gone wrong.

Can see a pizzling happening too - Blackburn carved up a Charlton side we took one point off. Superior side, far superior manager, head full of steam etc

Whereas we have a squad who can't be arsed and who quit as soon as the first goal goes in